Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commercial property reinstatement problem

Options
  • 07-10-2018 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I bought a vacant shop unit under a block of apartments. The whole building is about 13 years old. The commercial unit has been vacant for years but I see potential based on its location.

I'm now looking to get my structure insurance. All the commercial units are excluded from the block insurance and the businesses pay no service fees. This was the deal on day one of the scheme.

Now I am thinking about reinstatement cost and I figure I would have to include the four floors of apartments upstairs above the unit. I will be getting some advice but wondered if anyone knows of a similar situation.

Is it possible to just value the reinstatement of my unit and not include the apartments above?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Your solicitor will go through this with you, it depends on the terms of your leasehold (or freehold). Reinstatement responsibilities are normally detailed if you have any.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Just going to value to reinstate my shop.

Advertisement