Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

single person on average wage get a mortgage?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Corb_lund

ArtyC wrote: »
    Ok, so im broke - paid the solicitor, stamp duty, home insurance, had to install a
    new heating system ..... etc the list goes on

But....IT WAS WORTH IT !!

Disclosure; I've a sad fondness of cleaning now 😳

Well played, congrats. Always more difficult to do by yourself and there are always more costs than anticipated. But you're there now, you can let hair down more.

Only thing I'd say is don't go overboard. If you've saved 1000 a month (plucking figure out of air) which you can now spend without worry...don't.. Lifestyle goes up really quickly. I was in same boat as yourself having saved hard and suddenly was like weeee. Managed to spend a fair amount during next year (even though I was then earning an extra 1k post tax :o) and even though I had no debt could have had the same quality of life for less.

You don't want to be a miser, but being able to save money is a great trait..

Congrats again though!

Advertisement