Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate Agent Deposit

Options
  • 05-10-2018 8:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

How long would you give an estate agent who hasn't returned your deposit (before any contracts have been signed)?

I get that it may vary depending on the business but curious as to an average length before I start to get annoyed.

This is a house purchase not rent/lease. Tks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

5 days.
    (If pulling out of a house purchase)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Are you a tenant who is pulling out before signing a lease? Does the agent also have your first months rent? What has he said to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭Daith

Are you a tenant who is pulling out before signing a lease? Does the agent also have your first months rent? What has he said to you?

No, not a tenant/landlord situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Ok. Well no information, no answer then

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

Daith wrote: »
    Hi all,

How long would you give an estate agent who hasn't returned your deposit (before any contracts have been signed)?

I get that it may vary depending on the business but curious as to an average length before I start to get annoyed.

This is a house purchase not rent/lease. Tks!

If you are withdrawing from the sale then they should refund straight away. Could take a week to go through teh banking system.

If you are completing the purchase then the deposit paid to the estate agent should have been deducted from the balance due on the purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭Daith

Thanks all,

apparently the person looking after the email account I've been using is out....which I don't believe but will keep at them.

Advertisement