Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Northern Irish Sterling

Options
  • 13-11-2018 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi there,
    I'll be visiting Belfast for a day trip on Saturday. I got my Sterling last weekend but I've heard that Northern Ireland doesn't accept English Sterling (I had thought all Sterling was the same so didn't specify which type of Sterling I wanted). I have notes and they say "Bank of England" on the top. Will they be accepted in Belfast or should I try and source Northern Ireland Pounds?
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I've never had any problems using English sterling in the North. But no end of problems using Northern sterling in England.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,996 ✭✭✭xabi

Won’t be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

It will be accepted. Was only refused once but it was cause the note was a very old note and not in circulation. If you have gotten the currency from the bank recently you will be grand.

Just FYI, it's the other way round, NI notes are sometimes not accepted in England.

Advertisement