Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving to west cork

Options
  • 28-06-2020 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,
    Me and wife are both Irish and live in canada for the last 7 years and are looking to move home. I am from limerick and wife is from mayo but neither of us want to move to them places. I am familiar with west cork , spent loads of holidays and camping around there. I work as a stone Mason and wife is at office work. Some house's on daft are stunning and some are reasonable affordable. I am well aware of some drawbacks, like the weather and it being a bit remote, but what are people views the pros and cons of living there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Well it depends on where in West cork you're looking... ?
    If you're down on the beara peninsula you're probably going to have to travel a lot for work ... If you're up around clonakilty then you've a much bigger pool of potential clients/ employers within 30 min drive ..
    The only other drama is if you're visiting friends and family or they're visiting ye ... Further to go ,but that's a known quantity ....( You might get more visitors in a good summer though .)

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

I agree with the above poster. Going west down past Bantry is a long distance from services.
    Clonakilty Bandon is still far enough into West Cork with handy access to Timoleague Courtmacsherry and other coastal areas. You will have a reasonable distance to travel to Cork city for good services such as hospitals, retail, access to motorway, rail and airport.
    Also there would bexa good demand for a stonemason and once you got name know you would do fine

Advertisement