Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Hygiene and Lockdown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Addmagnet wrote: »
    I believe that washing the, er, 'important' areas with flannel, soap & water at least once a day to be non-negiotiable, but a shower every day is wasteful of water, washes unneccesary shower gel/soap down the drain and causes my skin to dry out.
    That's fair, I do clean the necessaries more often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

You don't need shower gel and soap every time you could have a rinse to wash of any big dirt and sweat.

I'd often go to the gym in the evening and just have a rinse when I get home to wash off the fresh sweat and freshen up. I shower every morning so I'll use shower gel then.

But on topic, not showering and walking around smelling, is gross. It's something that gross people do. Even if you have an underdeveloped sense of smell and you can't smell your own stink, other people can and it shapes people's opinion of you as a gross, smelly person.

You are a very judgmental person. We are in lockdown, you aren't supposed to be walking around or within 2 meters of any one else.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I'm working from home, and maintaining exactly the same personal hygiene routine as I always do, i.e. a proper shower every morning and shave every second day, including after-shave balm/body spray/cologne, and fresh underclothing. It's about my own personal feelgood factor as well as others inhaling my potentially noxious fumes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,007 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

You are a very judgmental person. We are in lockdown, you aren't supposed to be walking around or within 2 meters of any one else.

I didn't say I was within 2m of anyone else except my wife. If she was a gross, smelly person, she wouldn't be my wife. Are you single, OP, by any chance? Smell carries, which is a fact I expect to be lost on people who can't smell it.

But yes, if someone is smelly and gross, I judge them a gross, smelly person. Ya got me.

I didn't say I was within 2m of anyone else except my wife. If she was a gross, smelly person, she wouldn't be my wife. Are you single, OP, by any chance? Smell carries, which is a fact I expect to be lost on people who can't smell it.

But yes, if someone is smelly and gross, I judge them a gross, smelly person. Ya got me.

Yeah, sounds like you haven’t been observing social distancing. Not surprising given that you seem to blame the ‘Tories’ for people being non compliant in London.

• Advertisement

Yeah, sounds like you haven’t been observing social distancing. Not surprising.

Not from my wife. And she's a delight to be within 2m.

I suspect that you're finding it easy to keep people more then 2m away from you:p. People have probably been practicing social distancing from you long before social distancing became a thing. You can usually tell the smelly ones and avoid them coming within smell range.

So single then? Actually don't answer. The answer is obvious from your attitude to hygiene amongst other things.

Not from my wife. And she's a delight to be within 2m.

I suspect that you're finding it easy to keep people more then 2m away from you:p. People have probably been practicing social distancing from you long before social distancing became a thing. You can usually tell the smelly ones and avoid them coming within smell range.

So single then? Actually don't answer. The answer is obvious from your attitude to hygiene amongst other things.

As I said you are a very judgmental person. It I had to guess I’d you are very ‘woke’, particularly when I see that you talk admiringly about an idiot like Russell Brand.

As I said you are a very judgmental person. It I had to guess I’d you are very ‘woke’, particularly when I see that you talk admiringly about an idiot like Russell Brand.

Lol. I judge smelly, and gross people to be gross smelly people. As do most people who smell them.

Good luck with social isolation. I'm sure you're used to it by this stage in your life.

It's just a bit of craic, right?

I'm about as "woke" as Roy Chubby Brown and I like to be properly clean and spruced every morning. The politicisation of every bloody thing is well beyond preposterous at this stage. :pac:

By the way, a smelly adult is a substandard adult, as far as I'm concerned.

Augeo wrote: »
    Well if you and your Mrs reckon going to the jacks for 5/6 days and having some couple time together without showering is normal, ye are well met.

We know what you are spending your time at these day :pac:! Not everyone is at it like rabbits though.

• Advertisement

Lol. I judge smelly, and gross people to be gross smelly people. As do most people who smell them.

Good luck with social isolation. I'm sure you're used to it by this stage in your life.

It's just a bit of craic, right?

You wouldn’t be someone whose opinion I value, particularly with all the petty insults. Your husband has my sympathy though. Living with you must be challenging.

jimgoose wrote: »
    I'm about as "woke" as Roy Chubby Brown and I like to be properly clean and spruced every morning. The politicisation of every bloody thing is well beyond preposterous at this stage. :pac:

By the way, a smelly adult is a substandard adult, as far as I'm concerned.

Substandard adult? Are you some sort of Aryan or something? Jesus, that is f****d up.

You wouldn’t be someone whose opinion I value, particularly with all the petty insults. Your husband has my sympathy though. Living with you must be challenging.

Ugh Gay jokes? Seriously?

I'm not sure if you need to work on your hygiene or your patter first. They're both catalysts in keeping you single.

But on the bright side, you're safe from anyone ever wanting to be within 2m of you. So that's good.

Substandard adult? Are you some sort of Aryan or something? Jesus, that is f****d up.

You wouldn’t be someone whose opinion I value. :D

Ugh Gay jokes? Seriously?

I'm not sure if you need to work on your hygiene or your patter first. They're both catalysts in keeping you single.

But on the bright side, you're safe from anyone ever wanting to be within 2m of you. So that's good.

Gay jokes? Where? I assumed you were a women with a name like duderino, are you a man?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

Gay jokes? Where? I assumed you were a women with a name like duderino, are you a man?
    There is no such thing as chicks with tits.

jimgoose wrote: »
    You wouldn’t be someone whose opinion I value. :D

Says the lad using terms like ‘substandard adult’. Glad to hear that, I’d be very worried if you did value my opinion.

Podge201 wrote: »
    There is no such thing as chicks with tits.

You mean chicks with dicks?

Says the lad using terms like ‘substandard adult’. Glad to hear that, I’d be very worried if you did value my opinion.

Go and wash yourself, you'll feel better. Lad.

LOL. Sure, sure.

So how have you been dealing with Social isolation?

• Advertisement

LOL. Sure, sure.

So how have you been dealing with Social isolation?

Better that your wife I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

We know what you are spending your time at these day :pac:! Not everyone is at it like rabbits though.

Surely you give the old pecker and nut purse at least a rubdown with a face cloth before you slip between the sheets for a bit of the old ‘beast with two backs’?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

no way, feel way better with a shower.
    trying to wash my hair less though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Surely you give the old pecker and nut purse at least a rubdown with a face cloth before you slip between the sheets for a bit of the old ‘beast with two backs’?

Maybe he's posh and use's baby wipes?

Better that your wife I’d say.

You mean my husband? Or are you finished the gay jokes?

She's delighted, as am I. Wouldn’t want to be in lockdown with anyone else. If you start by washing behind your ears and progress from there, you might convince someone to want to spend time in your company...some day... maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

Same cloth for all right?.

Beast with two backs?.

This is something I have thought about it people are cooped up at home will hygiene slip?.
    It has to.

With the lockdown though there is some people going days without having a scrub. People purging on netflix stuffing their faces moulded into the chair all day will be growing new habitats on themselves by now.

She's delighted, as am I. Wouldn’t want to be in lockdown with anyone else. If you start by washing behind your ears and progress from there, you might convince someone to want to spend time in your company...some day... maybe.

As I said, a username of ‘duderino’ suggested a woman to me. You are a very petty person to keep harping on about that. As well as being judgmental.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Why are you so put out that a poster thought you had a husband. You don't, I get that, but why are you going on about it?

The poster thought you were either a woman, or gay.

Are these terrible shameful things?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,875 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Well Rodders, did you brave it this morning, or did you decide to get another few days out of it?

Easter Weekend coming up!

• Advertisement

anewme wrote: »
    Well Rodders, did you brave it this morning, or did you decide to get another few days out of it?

Easter Weekend coming up!

The latter. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement