Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you expect more of an explosion of online activity from the crisis?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

There absolutely has been an online renaissance, what am I missing? Social media is busier than I've seen it since 2010 and people are rediscovering viral challenges, memes and even flash games to an extent.

Ultrflat wrote: »
    I'm on day 12 of an orgy it's been draining :pac:
    Raconteuse wrote: »
    Eh hello? Social distancing anyone? :rolleyes:

Some people still have very big families :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Everyone's off playing animal crossing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Of course there has been an online explosion due to all the discussion around this. I don't know what point the OP is trying to make. Boards alone has huge numbers online so imagine the bigger sites.
    branie2 wrote: »
    No
    No what?

Anyone remember Farmville and its emotionally manipulative notifications to rope you into to playing it? "[Friend] has sent you a lonely cow who needs a home, will you adopt her?" [cartoon of a calf with an exceptionally sad cartoon face] :D

• Advertisement

Aaaaaaand Instagram and WhatsApp just went down :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I’d have thought people would be minding their money considering we’re facing a recession

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'd say we're in a recession now

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

YouTube turned down the TV. I mean YT reduced the quality of the default stream from 720p to 480p.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭This is it

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Of course there has been an online explosion due to all the discussion around this. I don't know what point the OP is trying to make. Boards alone has huge numbers online so imagine the bigger sites.

Absolutely no point at all. There's a huge increase in online activity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Don't suppose you have some clotted cream and some nice English tea to go with..

Also rasin or plain?

Sorry for the delay in replying, you wouldn't believe how long it take one person to eat 21 scones, (pronounced s cones), I let the boss and kids have one each, but no, butter and Jam was the order of the day

Sorry Ult should have also said, a hape of raisins

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

uch wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay in replying, you wouldn't believe how long it take one person to eat 21 scones, (pronounced s cones), I let the boss and kids have one each, but no, butter and Jam was the order of the day

dude try them with cloted cream so english but serously super tasty.

Used to be one of my morning prep tasks when I was a cook, I'd pilfer 1 or 2 for my self the odd time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

dude try them with cloted cream so english but serously super tasty.

Used to be one of my morning prep tasks when I was a cook, I'd pilfer 1 or 2 for my self the odd time :D

Ah these things would be the equivalent of licking an angels hole and getting icecream out of it, but I'll try the cream mallarkey with the next batch

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

There absolutely has been an online renaissance, what am I missing? Social media is busier than I've seen it since 2010 and people are rediscovering viral challenges, memes and even flash games to an extent.

I started what I thought was a something quite social with my neighbor across the road, a flash game... two seconds into it she is closing the curtains and then a Garda car shows up... I mean, what was it she was expecting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

I've been getting more harassment from ..odd guys or lonely guys that's for sure.

Way more scams that is for sure.

Strumms wrote: »
    I started what I thought was a something quite social with my neighbor across the road, a flash game... two seconds into it she is closing the curtains and then a Garda car shows up... I mean, what was it she was expecting ?
    I've been getting more harassment from ..odd guys or lonely guys that's for sure.

Way more scams that is for sure.

I love the way these two posts just happened to be posted one after the other :D:D:D

Advertisement