Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Backhanded compliments

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

You do get some awful mutton dressed up as lamb it has to be said. I’ve an aunt in law who said I was gettin very tall! Out of all the cousins I’d be the shortest. As the oldest...just really facetious puerile shįte from a grown women herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

'I love your engagement ring. It's so unusual. I've never seen such a dainty one before.'

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭beerguts

I couldn't have done it with out you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

"You look so pretty today, you should ware makeup more often"

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

I was always praised for my 'commitment' on the pitch...:(

Same, but I valued it all the same. Imagine having no ability and no heart. Heart gets you plaves ability cannot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,859 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Someone once said to me...."do you know, you'd be an ideal candidate for a makeover? " I just laughed and they continued, "no, I mean, do you know there are some people that you could do nothing with......."

Good to know I'm one of the ones who could be saved.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

You're ran off your feet ya poor fcuker.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

You're ran off your feet ya poor fcuker.

How is that a back handed compliment?

Same, but I valued it all the same. Imagine having no ability and no heart. Heart gets you plaves ability cannot.

Well it had to be our strong point. I can think of plenty of lads with far more ability but no balls- waste of time.

Bumped into an old underage GAA coach a few years back and he was pissed. Kept telling me how great I was (as in 25 years ago) and I was always the first name on the teamsheet and not the 2 intercounty minors that went on to win AI senior medals....he knew I would give 100% and fight for everything .:o...nice to hear I suppose. You gotto play to your strenghts.

I once punched a teammate on the pitch for not trying..in fact I was hoping to get him off the pitch. Unbelievable skill wise and would have played intercounty with his eyes closed but bad attitude and gave up too easily. We all played with lads like that. Drove me insane. One day he lost the ball and never tracked back...just left it didnt give a ****. I went nuts and went for him. Nobody stopped me and old man bursting with pride.

That's a lovely dress you're wearing, do they have it in your size?

Congratulations! I heard you stopped beating your wife

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Your bum doesn't look big in that.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

You're a nice person.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭KrustyBurger

I never tire of seeing you in that coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Because I pronounce it like uck which rhymes with yuck.

Ah right so, I thought by yer first post you were struggling with English, this proves it

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Your Face wrote: »
    You're a nice person.

Thank you I am. I love it when people tell me this!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭seven of nine

uch wrote: »
    Ah right so, I thought by yer first post you were struggling with English, this proves it

Awh bless.

You're sort of cute-ish when you get mad and you're trying to think of something smart to say back but fail. Awh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

"Thank you for making a man of me."

I restored his confidence and you could say it went to his little leprechaun head a bit.

"Thank you for making a man of me."

I restored his confidence and you could say it went to his little leprechaun head a bit.

Don't leave us dangling...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Good childbearing hips. In other words a wide arse.

Advertisement