Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MMA techniques you like

• 25-03-2013 2:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

saw this one on Sherdog today looks pretty cyoool, then if occurred to me even though we mostly talk bout UFC etc on boards how bout people throw up techniques they like with comments or whatever. I don't fight I just love the techniques.

like I said, saw this one on Sherdog

http://www.sherdog.com/mma-techniques/Technique-of-the-Week-Finishing-From-the-Back-51203

Seems well explained but not sure about the average persons ability to use the right leg to get that arm trap as he shows but if you did you'd be in business. The one arm RNC part using an Eddie Bravo style twister motion is explained here

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭p to the e

I pine for the day when someone pulls this off in the cage. Ball and Chain armbar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

that is a SICKKK armbar you'd feel so abused haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

p to the e wrote: »
    I pine for the day when someone pulls this off in the cage. Ball and Chain armbar.

I've seen something similar done in a Judo comp only the opponent was in turtle. Same sorta motion though, he was lifted up in the air, flipped around to be put flat on his back and the guy doing it hit an armbar super fast.

Twenty quid to whoever pulls this beaut off:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

I have used this a few times in training:

that one seems well doable - prob at the start of a fight before they're sweaty. I'd love to know how uncomfortable it is (good chance me little brother is going to find out quite soon:) and it would need 'some' power in application (IMO most subs do). Sweet move. So cool how many subs you've never seen before.

most popular subs
    Rear Naked Choke, Triangle Choke, Armbar, Guillotine Choke, Knee Bar, Kimura, Arm Triangle - but there's so many variations of each sub.. fighters drill defenses but for every defense there's somebody drilling a new step by step workaround.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Pablo Garzas flying triangle was brilliant.
    In th phone so I can't link to it now but if you haven't seen it then check it out.

that one seems well doable - prob at the start of a fight before they're sweaty. I'd love to know how uncomfortable it is (good chance me little brother is going to find out quite soon and it would need 'some' power in application (IMO most subs do). Sweet move. So cool how many subs you've never seen before.

Its quite easy alright but nobody I have done it to was ever expecting to be choked out from guard, so its really catches you out.

Its definitely better at the start but if you are strong enough and have decent sized hands its still effective. In regards to how uncomfortable... its VERY uncomfortable as its a blood choke and you'll be seeing stars if you don't tap soon enough.

This is another excellent sub, great if you are in transition from seatbelt and cant take the back. Its at 3.50

here it is broken down:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

Maybe Steven Seagal can teach Anderson this one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

darced wrote: »
    Darce to Anaconda :-)

that Calf Slicer is one of the nicest subs I've ever seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,603 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

like I said, saw this one on Sherdog

http://www.sherdog.com/mma-techniques/Technique-of-the-Week-Finishing-From-the-Back-51203

Seems well explained but not sure about the average persons ability to use the right leg to get that arm trap as he shows but if you did you'd be in business.

I don't think trapping the arm would be a major concern, the problem is that crossing your legs leaves you open to a really basic footlock (a favourite of mine tbh). He briefly mentions it when he says to cross high to the right, but he didn't highlight it enough imo, it's a far harder technique than it looks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Big fan of the punch.

haha yeah but some punches are sweeter than others : ) like Chucks right hand wrecking ball... not sure if you can learn or teach it though.

comes from a slightly lower angle than a traditional boxing hook. Left foot steps left of center so he throws it straight through the target (not a lateral arc towards it) connecting about 75% through the swing, with snap. He seems to drop his head and left shoulder down and to the left leaning the right shoulder right into it bringing the fist up at an angle. It ain't just an overhand. It's a peach!

RainMaker wrote: »
    Maybe Steven Seagal can teach Anderson this one :)

There's a Kyokushin fighter called Lechi Kurbanov who's fond of these kicks. There's a few examples at about the six minute mark in this video. If you're watching it all check out Andy Hug's axe kicks aswell.

Couldn't find a youtube video of it as they took it down for some reason so the following link will have to do.
    http://video.mail.ru/list/olga_sergeeva/_myvideo/62.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Big fan of the punch.

As Mike Tyson said "everyone has a plan A until they're punched in the mouth".

good old Mike on TUF this week... must be a mate of Dana's at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote: »

I watched this exact video a few years back and loved the simplicity of it. Tried it a few times when grappling but not many people liked their knee being bent at weird angles for obvious reasons. It can be particularly hazardous if done ballistically so beware.

still possible for a white belt to demo a technique tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Shazbot

darced wrote: »

He's actually a purple belt at this stage. When he started making videos I think he was a white belt in BJJ but a black belt in JJJ so it angered some people when he whore a belt belt demonstrating BJJ techniques.

Either way, it's a bit foolish to learn from a video online. It's what your coach is for. There's no point learning the crazy low percentage submissions just to impress some lads on the mat. There's a reason the highest percentage moves are thought.

as far as I heard John Kavanagh learned his **** 'initially' watchin vids so I wouldn't discount their value altogether, anyway this is just for any techniques people like or whatever it's not a training resource... but it could be : )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

stuff like this :D

that's some beastly slam holy sh1t : )

Buddha fist guillotine

...dreamland one way pleaZZZzzzzzz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,603 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

that's some beastly slam holy sh1t : )

He pulled about 4 belly to back suplexes in his UFC debut too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭manga_10

Mellor wrote: »
    He pulled about 4 belly to back suplexes in his UFC debut too.

one of the coolest knockouts :D

Advertisement