Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

23-08-2012, 00:29   #1
Gadfly Girl

Solicitors Letter & incorrect Charges

Hi All,

Hope I'm posting correctly, am looking for some advice. I had been visiting a friend recently over the past few months using the M5 toll. I had never used it before other than a handful of times when it wash cash based. I found I never made it to the shop on time to pay on the day and so 90% of the time paid on receiving the 1st letter costing €6 (wish was costing me a fortune). I have never dodged bills in my life. I have tried to keep all the receipts but even though I paid for every journey EFLOW solicitors have sent me a letter with a bill of almost €300 based on 2 journeys, I replied explaining I have always paid and that it a mistake.

Today I received a letter with the amount now up to €700 and they are persuing me for it. I am terrified of what will happen, I refuse to pay for something sent in error but I am not able to find all of my receipts as I stored them in several places (carelessly in hindsight).

If I had the money that would be one thing, though it's not right to be bullied into paying something I don't owe. However I am parenting alone, full time at university and dd begining school this year. As it is I struggle to keep a roof over our heads and the rest! Will a judge listen to me? How can I prove I'm telling the truth?

Needless to say I don't visit that friend anymore, I can't afford the €6 each way too often never mind the incorrect charges!! Please advise & thanks for reading
23-08-2012, 10:42   #2

Hi Gadfly Girl

If you would like to PM myself (& eFlow: John) with your details I can have a look at it for you. Please include the name & address the vehicle is registered to, the license plate number of the vehicle and confirm you are the owner of the vehicle. Please note that we can only discuss the details with the owner of the vehicle. I cant guarantee we will be able to do anything about as once it goes to the solicitors they take full control over the trip, but I will have a look and see if anything can be done for you.

Best Regards,
Ciaran.

Last edited by eFlow: Ciaran; 23-08-2012 at 10:43. Reason: spelling errors
25-08-2012, 01:18   #3
Gadfly Girl

I am sitting here looking at this letter which now seems to have added further dates on, I cannot make sense of it. It does not seem acceptable that a matter can be sent to solicitors despite me replying to inform that the bills were sent in error. I hope that this will be dealt with quickly and that I receive an apology for the stress it is causing me. I don't mean to be rude but I find it very strange that company representatives are availible to reply online but cannot reply to a written letter at the very beginning of this fiasco

Sending pm now.
Thanks from:
Forum Closed