Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tab crashing

Options
  • 11-02-2020 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the correct area to post but feel free to move it to its correct home if need be..

Anyway for the past number of weeks when browsing boards the pages only half load at times the site freezes and i get a 'the page has become unresponsive'

Im using the touch site on mobile.

Anyone having similar issues,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Yeah, happens me too.

Also, when I try to open one thread it often brings me to something further up the page or someone's profile. It's getting annoying to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

Yeah, happens me too.

Also, when I try to open one thread it often brings me to something further up the page or someone's profile. It's getting annoying to use it.

It is annoying but thsnkfully I dont have the issue of being redirected to different threads or ptofiles.

Glad Im not alone.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi all,

Sorry to hear of this disruption. What browsers are you both using? And Leg End Reject, you are also on the Touch mobile site? Have ye tried clearing your browser's cache since this started occurring?

Hi all,

Sorry to hear of this disruption. What browsers are you both using? And Leg End Reject, you are also on the Touch mobile site? Have ye tried clearing your browser's cache since this started occurring?

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply. Ive tried clearing the cache and data on the browser. Im using the samsung internet browser as default. Ive had the phone over a year and it is only within the last couple of months the issue has started.

Screen shot of error msg attached

Boards.ie Employee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Hi all,

Thanks, Mark. Yes touch site on Android. Clearing the cache seems to be working, I'll post again if it recurs.

Boards.ie Employee

Thanks, Mark. Yes touch site on Android. Clearing the cache seems to be working, I'll post again if it recurs.

Excellent. Glad to hear it. Hopefully that resolves it.

Excellent. Glad to hear it. Hopefully that resolves it.

After clearing data and cache it temporarily solved the issue but back to pages half loading, pages freezing and tab crashing.

Tried using chrome but not ling enough to notice the same issues. Not a fan of chrome anyway.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement