Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone - Discounted phone when you switch-Dunnes Valueclub mailing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

If anyone has a spare voucher code I'd be very grateful! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sapphade

Any hassle switching, do they get you to make a call to their phone from yours or check how long you have had the SIM your switching from? The SIM I had planned to switch from is expired from lack of use so going to pick a new SIM up later but not sure if I need to stick credit on it or not first.
    no real hassles in the store . They asked me what network and could they see my phone . they used their landline to ring the phone . There were no questions on how long id been with meteor or not . That was pretty much it, ported the number gave me the 20 credit voucher and phone and off i went .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

If anyone has a spare voucher code I'd be very grateful! :D

I just sent you a PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭Alpha8

If anyone has one please PM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Hi all. Has anyone who have got Samsung phone could please tell me if it's network-unlocked? Also has anyone tried to get unlock code (for network-locked Samsung phone particularly) from the websites mentioned in this thread? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Farango

any spare voucher code? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭niallb

Likewise if anyone has a voucher they're not using I'd appreciate one after previous posters have been sorted.
    I've twin 14 year olds who are unhappy with their galaxy core primes going back to school!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Finally picked up a Nokia 3 up earlier. At €50 for an unlocked handset it's fantastic value. Got handed the €20 top-up voucher so will use that on my existing Vodafone account.

Had an old O2 SIM I hadn't used in years but it was still alive so ported that across. Couldn't have worked out better!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

Quackster wrote: »
    Finally picked up a Nokia 3 up earlier. At €50 for an unlocked handset it's fantastic value. Got handed the €20 top-up voucher so will use that on my existing Vodafone account.

Had an old O2 SIM I hadn't used in years but it was still alive so ported that across. Couldn't have worked out better!

I dunno what the rep done in store when I went in but she asked what number I wanted to port then said it was submitted. The number still hasn't switched over from Meteor since Saturday not that I care anyway as I'll be using my own sim in it the weekend. Handy Electric picnic phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,420 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Got the Nokia 3 yesterday evening, first time bootup I stuck a Meteor SIM card in it, the phone is unlocked, I've no idea if putting a non VF card in it first gets it unlocked or not. Impressed so far for the money. There appears to be zero Vodafone apps on it at all, no Vodafone logo on bootup either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rachaelf750

Hi all, anyone have a spare voucher available?? I got the meteor sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭loopymum

I would love a voucher too please if anyone has one spare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭alksander

I've got one Nokia 3 too, came sim free, no Vodafone apps. The one on display was the same, no apps on it. Perhaps check the display model before buying.

It is the TA-1020 model in black, single SIM slot. Anyone got a dual SIM by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭alksander

Ah and they were very laid back ("Do you also have voucher or just buying full price?" - they're obviously getting some demand for this). Also handed just the topup vouchers, not applied to the account.

M

alksander wrote: »
    It is the TA-1020 model in black, single SIM slot. Anyone got a dual SIM by any chance?

Can't see them offering the dual SIM, would mean instant use on other networks without any income stream coming in to them for selling it cheap (even though the current model onsale appears to be that way anyways :D).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Seapoint

@Jason Mango Dart just sent you a PM thanks!

I'm not availing this offer so my voucher is up for grabs.. I'll post in the morning if anyone wants it.

Ohh that would be brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Donkey OTae

If anyone has a spare voucher, I'd sincerely appreciate it. Please PM Many Thanks

Seapoint wrote:
    @Jason Mango Dart just sent you a PM thanks!

Looks like you got there before me. :(

Please & thank you to anyone who can offer me a voucher, I can post anyone Stamped address envelope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Note to anyone getting the Nokia 3. It takes a nano SIM (smallest one).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

bromley52 wrote: »
    Note to anyone getting the Nokia 3. It takes a nano SIM (smallest one).
    Yes nano sim

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Luna Moon Hunter

Looks like you got there before me. :(

Please & thank you to anyone who can offer me a voucher, I can post anyone Stamped address envelope.

I have a voucher and won't be using it so will happily post it out to you tomorrow if you like. I saw you asking a couple of times and if you're still after one just PM with your details :)

I have a voucher and won't be using it so will happily post it out to you tomorrow if you like. I saw you asking a couple of times and if you're still after one just PM with your details :)

Thank you Luna moon hunter, your very good.
    I've sent you a pm.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Luna Moon Hunter

Thank you Luna moon hunter, your very good.
    I've sent you a pm.
    :)

Will post it first thing tomorrow Rachael. You're very welcome :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

I'm tempted by the Nokia one for €49.99. Does anyone have it and whats it like? I'm using an old Samsung S5 which is getting very slow and I don't need lots of memory, just a bit of speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Sesame wrote: »
    I'm tempted by the Nokia one for €49.99. Does anyone have it and whats it like? I'm using an old Samsung S5 which is getting very slow and I don't need lots of memory, just a bit of speed.

Just got one myself yesterday. And it's grand for the money. Got it as a backup for my regular phone( but that died yesterday) and it's going fine. I've not added any extra apps, so cannot comment on the speed. Internet page loading isn't the fastest, but at this price, I won't complain.
    Needs a cover, as it's slippery as hell!!

M

Sesame wrote: »

Decent for the money, has a quality feel to it and screen good quality. My hates so far are no auto brightness and no led indicator when you are charging or get a new text or call. Phone also as said needs a cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭ablelocks

if anyone has a spare voucher or 2, i'd appreciate them for my parents. they currently have windows phones (which are starting to act up and now Microsoft have announced they've ended support for windows 8 phones)....this would be an incentive to get them to switch phone and carrier...

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I've decided to get one, €50 and unlocked, how bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

I picked up a black Nokia 3 in Vodafone Wilton shopping centre (Cork) yesterday and I can confirm it is unlocked with no Vodafone apps. It's a great phone for €50.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭duffmagic

Has anyone tried
    1. without the voucher at all OR
    2. with a photo of the voucher rather than the physical voucher?

and if either are true, I'm in the market for a spare voucher if any are available :P
    My phone died yesterday so need a stand-in urgently.

M

duffmagic wrote: »
    Has anyone tried
    1. without the voucher at all OR
    2. with a photo of the voucher rather than the physical voucher?

and if either are true, I'm in the market for a spare voucher if any are available :P
    My phone died yesterday so need a stand-in urgently.

The barcode on the voucher needs to be scanned and they take the voucher, can't see them allowing digital copies as they would have no control over how many phones could be bought as the voucher codes are not unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dezzo

Would really appreciate a voucher if there was one spare..phone is just about to give up on me.thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gruffalo22

Would love a voucher if anyone has 1 spare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

I pm'ed someone a few days ago offering the voucher, I didn't hear anything back. So first to pm me I'll pass it on. I assume I need to post it? I won't get to the past office till Monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭now online

dezzo wrote: »
    Would really appreciate a voucher if there was one spare..phone is just about to give up on me.thanks

Pm sent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Morby

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon but looking to get a new basic phone for my parents, would really appreciate a voucher if anyone has one to spare that they've decided not to use.

Many thanks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 130 ✭✭Alpha8

If anyone has a voucher I'd appreciate one!

Thank you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Sesame

Alpha8 wrote: »
    If anyone has a voucher I'd appreciate one!

Thank you :)

It's not really a voucher, it's the back page ad of the school lunches brochure.
    Did anyone try going in without one or just saying can I get the dunnes offer?
    Or check dunnes for that lunches booklet,they might be on the shelves. It's different to the usual value club letter with money bag coupons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

I bought one of the Nokia 3's today with the valueclub voucher.Nice phone for the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Hate myself for asking but anyone have a spare voucher it would be appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Berberis

Picked one of the Nokia 3 while up in Dublin today. Followed the instructions of Yggr of Asgard to get and set up the meteor sim and then jhud's instructions on how to get the phone and credit seperate.

Nice looking phone but have not opened it yet to set it up, as it is for the wife and she not in too much a hurry to use it yet. So can't say if it is unlocked or not but not a problem for us as it will be a vodafone sim going into it.
    Noticed that it can have 2 sims and a memory card.

Also noticed that when the chap was charging for it he just scanned the barcode under the Nokia3 picture on the voucher and then handed the booklet back to me.
    I know people have been saying that each voucher book codes are individual but I wonder if it is. The last 5 numbers
    of the code on my voucher for the nokia are 82431, could anyone with a voucher to hand confirm if their numbers are the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

ya mine is 82431 too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

yup mine too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Berberis

Seems the voucher can be reused then.
    The first 5 numbers for nokia on mine is 30208

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Anyone got a spare voucher you are not using? Please pm me?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Berberis wrote: »
    Seems the voucher can be reused then.
    The first 5 numbers for nokia on mine is 30208

It's a generic voucher so the codes are identical on everyone's booklets but it's my understanding they're supposed to keep the page rather than hand it back to you - most likely you just got lucky.

Make sure it doesn't go to waste though!

I'm not availing this offer so my voucher is up for grabs.. I'll post in the morning if anyone wants it.

@Jason Mango Dart have you been here since?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Anyone willing to send on voucher please?

I'd really appreciate a spare/unused voucher please is anyone has one? Thanks

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement