Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Bargain laptop

Options
  • 09-06-2021 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

edit: will repost when confirmed it is being honoured

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,407 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Great deal, wonder is it a misprice, the 256GB machines seem to be going for about €800. Very tempted to order one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭masterboy123

No link?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

any linky ?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭chonix

I assume it's the OOS Ideapad feom Curry's?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

if its the one for 339.97

FYI any products with .98/.97 were signals to staff that the product was end of life/clearance/ex display.

Therefore if a customer was happy to take the display model it can be sold.

If there is stock it might well be honored.

Generally staff would be less hesitant to sell off display if the product is in line.

Clearance prices sometimes do go crazy, picked up a ps3 for 60 euro.

Used to work for them when I was young and foolish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,407 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

This was it https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/asus-vivobook-14nbspx413ea-ek080t-laptop-14in-fhd-intel-core-i5-1135g7nbsp8gb-ramnbsp512gb-ssdnbsp32gb-intel-optanenbsp--black/1600572659.prd?_requestid=63228&Ntt=vivobook

Was advertised for €280, misprice it looks like as now up to €730. Saying 3 purchased in last 48 hours but yesterday evening it had 30+ purchased in last 48 hours so I guess none honored at €280.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

The link OP posted had the Ryzen R5 4500 cpu and it was a Zenbook 14.
    This model specifically - Asus Zenbook 14 UM425IA-AM005T

Definitely a pricing error unfortunately.

Saw it last night too. A high spec Zenbook 14 cheaper than the much lesser chromebook model. Page seems to be gone completely now. Would have been computer bargain of the year!

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Q&A

This was it https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/asus-vivobook-14nbspx413ea-ek080t-laptop-14in-fhd-intel-core-i5-1135g7nbsp8gb-ramnbsp512gb-ssdnbsp32gb-intel-optanenbsp--black/1600572659.prd?_requestid=63228&Ntt=vivobook

Was advertised for €280, misprice it looks like as now up to €730. Saying 3 purchased in last 48 hours but yesterday evening it had 30+ purchased in last 48 hours so I guess none honored at €280.

Thanks for posting.

I don't really see the point in the OP removing the link. We all know if it's too good to be true it probably is but leave it up so people here to make their own decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭sugarman20

Q&A wrote: »
    Thanks for posting.

I don't really see the point in the OP removing the link. We all know if it's too good to be true it probably is but leave it up so people here to make their own decisions.

Probably but they might be thinking if not many are ordered Littlewoods would honor.

OP probably realised it was a misprice rather than simply a bargain and that he would more likely to get it if lots of orders weren't made. If that's the case, he was right to remove the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭loopymum

I'm hopeful, I saw the ops post last night and pulled the trigger, I just looked on LW now and it hasn't been cancelled yet anyway

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Thanks for posting.

The link is dead. I had it bookmarked but no longer brings me to the page, just directs me to the home page

Well holy moly! Its been dispatched! I won't hold my breath though as my last few orders never arrived

loopymum wrote: »
    Well holy moly! Its been dispatched! I won't hold my breath though as my last few orders never arrived

well done and well done to the OP for removing

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Yakult wrote: »
    The link OP posted had the Ryzen R5 4500 cpu and it was a Zenbook 14.
    This model specifically - Asus Zenbook 14 UM425IA-AM005T

Definitely a pricing error unfortunately.

Saw it last night too. A high spec Zenbook 14 cheaper than the much lesser chromebook model. Page seems to be gone completely now. Would have been computer bargain of the year!

That machine is never worth €730 but it's a steal at €280.
    Comes close to the Lenovos last year with a few snatching 4800u 16GB machines for €500 ish, depending on the discount codes you had access to.

Well done to those who nabbed it.

I got a dispatch notice this morning that it's on it way, Fastway though so who knows, it's due to be delivered by next Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,380 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I got a dispatch notice this morning that it's on it way, Fastway though so who knows, it's due to be delivered by next Friday

An emotional roller-coaster. The highs of being told your bargain has been dispatched. The crushing lows of being told it's being delivered by Fastway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,763 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

All

First off, overwhelmed with work so could not get back, but as mine arrived today I thought I would post to re-assure any one else who get as far as being told dispatched .

THE BAD NEWS - well seems some of ye expected - they delivered at 7.30 this morning without even ringing the doorbell, and did it over the high gate to back of house - so unless they had arms like stretch armstrong would involve dropping it from some height at least. Also - see photos - the littlewoods packaging was thrown ( and partly stuck over - and the laptop cardboard packaging also looks torn open - those the seal sicker was still in place

I edited the post initially as I was doing close to midnight and started getting multiple emails from Littlewoods so looked like it may have been cancelled and would have created unnecessary conversations etc. . I am sure some part of me also wondered would a glut of purchases do the usual triggering misprices etc.

However, worth nothing it was this price for weeks, as I was trying to buy a laptop for over a month and it frequently came up in google ( because of my eyesight I was looking for a 2 in 1 where could fold to tablet etc.)

For the days before I decided to chance this one it was showing multiple purchases "in last 48 hours" and on a number of occasions, as it had on and off for over that moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭Sappy404

All

First off, overwhelmed with work so could not get back, but as mine arrived today I thought I would post to re-assure any one else who get as far as being told dispatched .

THE BAD NEWS - well seems some of ye expected - they delivered at 7.30 this morning without even ringing the doorbell, and did it over the high gate to back of house - so unless they had arms like stretch armstrong would involve dropping it from some height at least. Also - see photos - the littlewoods packaging was thrown ( and partly stuck over - and the laptop cardboard packaging also looks torn open - those the seal sicker was still in place

I edited the post initially as I was doing close to midnight and started getting multiple emails from Littlewoods so looked like it may have been cancelled and would have created unnecessary conversations etc. . I am sure some part of me also wondered would a glut of purchases do the usual triggering misprices etc.

However, worth nothing it was this price for weeks, as I was trying to buy a laptop for over a month and it frequently came up in google ( because of my eyesight I was looking for a 2 in 1 where could fold to tablet etc.)

For the days before I decided to chance this one it was showing multiple purchases "in last 48 hours" and on a number of occasions, as it had on and off for over that moment

What was the laptop/price? Still no info in the thread.

• Advertisement

Sappy404 wrote: »
    What was the laptop/price? Still no info in the thread.

It is no longer available , as per other posts here etc. was € 269.99

Original Post:

Hi

I saw this when looking for a new notebook

I am familiar with shortcomings, build, plastic etc -and please give any more before i decide to keep it

Asus Zenbook 14" for 270.00

Asus Zenbook 14
    UM425IA-AM005T Laptop
    14in FHD,
    AMD Ryzen 5 4500U
    8GB RAM
    512GB SSD - Grey

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/asus-zenbook-14nbspum425ia-am005t-laptop-14in-fhdnbspamd-ryzen-5-4500unbsp8gb-ramnbsp512gb-ssd-grey/1600572627.prd?_requestid=162786&Ntt=zenbook

looks like same one model here for 899.99

https://www.expert.ie/asus-zenbook-14-amd-ryzen-5-8gb-512gb-laptop-um425ia-am005t.html

I was going for a dell xps etc but not sure I could justify paying 700.00+ more for what use I would get from it - basically reviews say the battery is great in the zenbook

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭Sappy404

It is no longer available , as per other posts here etc. was € 269.99

Original Post:

Hi

I saw this when looking for a new notebook

I am familiar with shortcomings, build, plastic etc -and please give any more before i decide to keep it

Asus Zenbook 14" for 270.00

Asus Zenbook 14
    UM425IA-AM005T Laptop
    14in FHD,
    AMD Ryzen 5 4500U
    8GB RAM
    512GB SSD - Grey

https://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/asus-zenbook-14nbspum425ia-am005t-laptop-14in-fhdnbspamd-ryzen-5-4500unbsp8gb-ramnbsp512gb-ssd-grey/1600572627.prd?_requestid=162786&Ntt=zenbook

looks like same one model here for 899.99

https://www.expert.ie/asus-zenbook-14-amd-ryzen-5-8gb-512gb-laptop-um425ia-am005t.html

I was going for a dell xps etc but not sure I could justify paying 700.00+ more for what use I would get from it - basically reviews say the battery is great in the zenbook

Nice. Back up to €1099 now.

Any other deals going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Jesus why didn’t I pull the trigger the other night I’m an idiot. Sent it to 2 mates who also didn’t pull the trigger.

am not an expert and depends what your priorities are

but its not the most recent chip, it is only a TN screen , not "IPS" so may not look great, and only a 3 cell batter in the specs

I can't see it, but you'd be better finding the actual model number and googling that for a review

EDIT: model number is 81YH00G7UK

All

Well Done! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

Finally someone got a bargain from Littlewoods! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

All

Congrats, that's one of the best looking packages I've seen delivered by Fastway. That said, I haven't seen that many actually delivered by them either... :mad:

• Advertisement

Neither the protective sleeve of the USB-C to 3.5 jack adaptor were in the package ( and the power cord was in under the blank cardboard construct rather than the neat place for the accessories

ASUS confirmed they should be in it and are not optional, / ship with all models so to contact seller for replacement !

I just gonna have to go without ( though makes me think in back of mind possibly a refurb

IF any one else gets theirs they might confirm if missing too

Advertisement