Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tipperary GAA (Club and Intercounty) Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Run the league in March, April and May? - top teams then qualify for a champions league format in terms of two groups of four - in July and August (but not home and away). Teams that don't qualify for the main comp go into a B championship of a similar format. Top two teams in each group play the final - end of August?

Not sure about the provincials...

What say you?
    That would be good but you could still run provincial championships and if teams that didnt qualify for a main competition through the league run the provincial championship before group format of all ireland and if you win provincial title you qualify for main comp.
    Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Provincial championships have to go lads.

I love the munster championship but it's days are numbered for sure. It does nothing for players, clubs, fans. Attendances are falling, and it's no surprise. It's 4 games over 2 months. There's more games in division one each week.

Leinster championship is a joke. A dumping ground for the likes of Antrim, Galway and kerry, how they still call it the leinster championship is beyond me.

Similarly in football, only clare have won a munster outside of Cork and kerry in the last 80 years or so.

Only decent competitions are ulster football and munster hurling, but there not enough to keep the status quo going forward.
    They dont have to go. Teams with little or no success are still winning provincial titles or at least getting to finals when they otherwise have no chance of ever winning anything.
    I don't think it is important Tipp beat KK on Saturday. however, it is very important we beat them in the championship...
    So it is important to beat them Saturday as how else do you build up routine of beating them in all irelands if you cant beat them in the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

So it is important to beat them Saturday as how else do you build up routine of beating them in all irelands if you cant beat them in the league

Absolutely we should be beating them in the league. Got to show them we mean business this year! Sure, we wont see them in the championship till August or September anyway, all going well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Well said Joe and id imagine Mick Ryan wouldnt have it any other way. He is incredibly driven. There was talk of a few of the lads being invited on to the late late show the week after but Mick poured cold water on it immediately and rightly so. With the benefit of hindsight, that craic done us no favours the last time.

As outsider - albeit with Tipp ancestry! - I think your post exactly underlies why Tipp have great chance of winning again this year, and why they are a good bet.

Lots of teams have become carried away with the trappings of winning one - including Tipp, Dubs footballers in the past, and others.

Takes unique focus of likes of Cody, Dwyer, Boylan, Gavin to keep the momentum going and indeed up it.

Ryan and this Tipp team give all the signs that they have that. Plus, other contending teams are on the down curve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Paddico

Team for tomorrow night

1. Charlie Manton (Fethard)
    2. Willie Connors (Kiladangan)
    3. Liam Ryan (Clonmel Commercials)
    4. Colm O’Shaughnessy (Ardfinnan)
    5. Daire Brennan (Kilsheelan-Kilcash)
    6. Liam Fahey (Rockwell Rovers)
    7. Paudie Feehan (Killenaule)
    8. Danny Owens (Moyle Rovers, captain)
    9. Jack Kennedy (Clonmel Commercials)
    10. Aidan Buckley (St Patrick’s)
    11. Stephen Quirke (Moyle Rovers)
    12. Emmet Moloney (Drom & Inch)
    13.Joe Ryan (Kilmurry, Cork)
    14.Jack Butler (Upperchurch-Drombane)
    15. Brendan Martin (Kilsheelan-Kilcash).
    Quite a strong team.
    5 with senior experience. Best of luck against Limerick tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Paddico

Shame, neither Tipp Fm or TMW covering the game tonight.
    Maybe Limerick FM are

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

I'm not saying anything about Kilkenny's current quality - if you read my other posts I'm a defender of Kilkenny's quality as very high. I've said whoever beats Kilkenny will probably win the ALL-IRE.

My simple point was - it's way more important to beat KK in the championship than in the league. In the context of the next game, we are already well ahead in the league. We have a fresh memory of beating them in the all-Ireland final - losing in the league is nothing compared to losing in the championship. if we beat them in the league and lose in the championship, the sense of false dawn would be devastating. Not so much for the younger lads - but, the current leaders. When it comes to championship, winning the league is "As useful as a trapdoor in a canoe". When you lose in the All-Ireland series, "You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube". To win both games would be great - but, to win in the championship is 'the full bag of chips', Kilkenny 'would be taken to the woodshed'. But to win the ALL-IRE again - then we can say "Thanks for the use of the hall. Game over"

The league is "A different bag of hammers".

That's my thought on it and my tribute to Eddie O'Sullivan.

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Absolutely we should be beating them in the league. Got to show them we mean business this year! Sure, we wont see them in the championship till August or September anyway, all going well.

We just beat them, heavily, when everything was on the line - in the most important game of the year. That's belief - the kind of belief the league does not provide. See, Clare last year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Obviously it would be nice to win, but I think more so for the fans than anything , our greatest modern day rivals and all that, but from a players perspective and the effect come championship I would say absolutely zero, its an irrelevance.

We haven't beaten KK in back to back games in nearly 7 years so obviously that would also be a nice stat to bust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yeah if the game was in Nolan Park then I wouldn't be too concerned about the result. But to lose to them in Thurles would be a blow no doubt.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I don't think so - I think it might be a nice reminder of the hard work that lies ahead. It's not long ago that KK almost got relegated and went onto to win the ALL-IRE. And, everybody on boards was like 'Oh KK are finished...'...in wishful thinking.

Think clearly, lads! There's nota whole pile on the line on Saturday. Just pride. The real challanges lie ahead...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭I am the Res

Paddico wrote: »
    Quite a strong team.
    5 with senior experience. Best of luck against Limerick tonight

Limerick have a very strong side , 5 Senior panelists , 7 of last years team narrowly beaten by Kerry and a Kerry Lad from Firies who has been on Kerry Minor and Development Squads so they are not to be underestimated . They had a very good Peter McNulty Tournament also !

It's not long ago that KK almost got relegated and went onto to win the ALL-IRE.

Apples and oranges! In the 2015 campaign KK were missing Michael Fennelly, TJ Reid, Henry Shefflin,Joey Holden, Eoin Larkin and Colin Fennelly who were all back for the championship, I don't see any such talent to come back this time. Fennelly and Aylward seem to be the only two that they are clinging to, one is crippled with injury and as likley to be missing as he is to be back and the second had one good year and is far from an established star.

I'm not saying anything about Kilkenny's current quality - if you read my other posts I'm a defender of Kilkenny's quality as very high. I've said whoever beats Kilkenny will probably win the ALL-IRE.

My simple point was - it's way more important to beat KK in the championship than in the league. In the context of the next game, we are already well ahead in the league. We have a fresh memory of beating them in the all-Ireland final - losing in the league is nothing compared to losing in the championship. if we beat them in the league and lose in the championship, the sense of false dawn would be devastating. Not so much for the younger lads - but, the current leaders. When it comes to championship, winning the league is "As useful as a trapdoor in a canoe". When you lose in the All-Ireland series, "You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube". To win both games would be great - but, to win in the championship is 'the full bag of chips', Kilkenny 'would be taken to the woodshed'. But to win the ALL-IRE again - then we can say "Thanks for the use of the hall. Game over"

The league is "A different bag of hammers".

That's my thought on it and my tribute to Eddie O'Sullivan.
    The league is very important in driving a good championship by and large and teams successful in league are much more likely to be successful in the summer. Of course there has and always will be exceptions but by and large teams are successful in both. Going its only the league isnt a good thing. Kilkenny have 5 League and All Ireland doubles under Cody. Tipp have done it once in the modern era. Beating Kilkenny at any time can be huge especially when theyve been so dominant in the last decade and more.

Once again, you prove that you don't know what you're talking about.

That Kilkenny team is not the norm. They can't be held up as an example. It's only the most successful team of all time. Did Tipp win the league last year?

Kilkenny beat Tipp in the league last year by five points?

What happened in the summer?

There is no sense to your argument.

That Kilkenny team is not the norm. They can't be held up as an example. It's only the most successful team of all time. Did Tipp win the league last year?

There is lots of sense to it when you look at the facts. And you look at lots of teams in gaelic as well. Cork, Dublin, Kerry, Tyrone all done it in last 20 years and of them Kerry and Dubs have done it multiple times.

danganabu wrote: »
    Apples and oranges! In the 2015 campaign KK were missing Michael Fennelly, TJ Reid, Henry Shefflin,Joey Holden, Eoin Larkin and Colin Fennelly who were all back for the championship, I don't see any such talent to come back this time. Fennelly and Aylward seem to be the only two that they are clinging to, one is crippled with injury and as likley to be missing as he is to be back and the second had one good year and is far from an established star.

You keep quoting little bits of an argument that take it away from the whole point of the argument. To make an argument about something that then becomes irrelevant.

Losing in the league doesn't lose you the ALL-IRE.

And, these points about psychological advantage and bringing culture of defeating KK regularly. Is symptomatic of the psychological roadblock it suggests it is trying to break. We don't have to look to KK for anything. Tipp are champions, we just need to improve on last year and keep the head right for the championship. Stay hungry and focused. Concentrate on our own improvement as a squad. We can beat everyone in the championship, we've already proved that.

The battles that lie ahead in the championship are what counts. And, the experimentation of the league is valuable long term - it does not prove anything finite about championship credentials. There is no point in being obsessed by Kilkenny. I#We know how good they are and we're able to beat them.

Football now, is it?

There is lots of sense to it when you look at the facts. And you look at lots of teams in gaelic as well. Cork, Dublin, Kerry, Tyrone all done it in last 20 years and of them Kerry and Dubs have done it multiple times.

Football now is it? Or, is it the Hastings?

I will say that the big worry for Kilkenny is if they have to continue to play Padraig Walsh full back. Its robbing Peter to pay Paul really. Your losing his quality at wing back and then he could be in the unfortunate situation of having to cope with an avalanche in on top of you like Joey Holden did last year.

They need to find a better full back option then having to put one of their best players back there.

:rolleyes:
    Point is about league driving standards for the championship. thought that would be obvious....

• Advertisement

You keep quoting little bits of an argument that take it away from the whole point of the argument. To make an argument about something that then becomes irrelevant.

Losing in the league doesn't lose you the ALL-IRE.

And, these points about psychological advantage and bringing culture of defeating KK regularly. Is symptomatic of the psychological roadblock it suggests it is trying to break. We don't have to look to KK for anything. Tipp are champions, we just need to improve on last year and keep the head right for the championship. Stay hungry and focused. Concentrate on our own improvement as a squad. We can beat everyone in the championship, we've already proved that.

The battles that lie ahead in the championship are what counts. And, the experimentation of the league is valuable long term - it does not prove anything finite about championship credentials. There is no point in being obsessed by Kilkenny. I#We know how good they are and we're able to beat them.

I agree with everything you say here, the only point I was making is that everyone keeps saying that you can't write KK off, but they're basing it on history and worse still the history of a very very different KK team, this KK team has massive problems, be they league or championship is irrelevant. I merely quoted the part where you referred to 2015 as it is completely irrelevant to 2017.

I wouldn't consider them our biggest challengers at all this year tbh.

I don't believe Walsh will play full-back...in the championship

I think Conor Fogarty while small, would be a far better option at either full or center back. Or give JOyce an extended run there.

Walsh has such ability as a runner with the ball, and scoring ability, it makes no sense to have him confined to the full back role...

Even, having someone like LEster Ryan would be a better choice at full back than Padraig. He is a big man and can catch ball. I think it's worse than robbing Peter to pay Paul because the team lose so much not having Walsh up the field.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭I am the Res

Christ don`t let him start with the Football , knows sweet fa about it along with a lot of other stuff !

I don't believe Walsh will play full-back...in the championship

I think Conor Fogarty while small, would be a far better option at either full or center back. Or give JOyce an extended run there.

Walsh has such ability as a runner with the ball, and scoring ability, it makes no sense to have him confined to the full back role...

Even, having someone like LEster Ryan would be a better choice at full back than Padraig. He is a big man and can catch ball. I think it's worse than robbing Peter to pay Paul because the team lose so much not having Walsh up the field.

FB is the most difficult position in modern day hurling, Tipp and Galway are the only two that have what I would consider a top class FB, I'm surprised at who Cody has tried there because as we learnt in Tipp the hard way with the Paudie Maher experiment having a FB who does too much ''hurling'' and who's natural instinct is to hurl on the front foot simply doesn't work in the modern game. One thing that hasn't changed however is that a FB is only as good as teh half back line in front of him and the cover they provide, so weakening your HB line to solve a problem at FB is most definitely not the answer.

One other thing that seems to have been largely ignored when assessing KK is that their two corner backs were also destroyed in September, Murphy is a quality corner back and he can be excused based on the fact that all around him were being cleaned but they have a big gap in the other corner as well.

digzy wrote: »
    Reckon the cats will be targeting this game. Roles are reversed now....we're the hunted as opposed to the hunter.
    The game will tell Mick ryan a fair bit about the squad players.
    It's great that we've won all the games so far....it allows a bit more room for tinkering against the cats and cork.
    Not convinced by Stephen o brien yet....then again look at the standards set by his teammates.
    Thought donagh maher and hamill have looked like serious contenders for the championship

Stephen O'Brien has certainly demonstrated he has potential and should definitely give it a few more years. Championship will be the test of him alright...The good news for him is that Ryan favours players like him - so, he more than likely will get some championship experience. Hopefully, he gets a very good test in Munster before he heads into the cauldron of Croke Park. That's if he sneaks a place in the side - will Ryan go with a line of O'Brien, Bonnar, and Dan MCcORMACK - not enough fire power in that half forward line for me - it would seem two out of those three will start - with noelie and forde fighting for the creative/scoring role - Don't think O'Brien will dislodge Bonnar or Dan - don't think he is up to par with them just yet...just hope if anything happens to those players he is able to step up ...Forde's form seems to have got a reaction from Noelie - although you can't bait sibling rivalry!!!

I'd have my worries about Donagh just yet - would still like to see him in a championship test against a top class hurler before I'm convinced. He looked to have thrown his inter county days away with wild living - but has turned a corner. Hopefully, someone like Buggy can turn himself around - a criminal waste of talent. The likes of Seamus Hennessy must be disgusted with him...A fully fit and tuned in Buggy would make any side...hard to see it turning around though...the commitment to inter county is not for everyone

Hamill looks to have finally grown into his large frame - looks a huge man now - who wants to mix it. Ryan likes that. Would like to see him deliver a few well timed shoulders - he has the potential to deliver quite an impact - Ryan was immense with shoulders as a player. He encourages it. Hamill is beginning to look comfortable and liking his hurling at this level - certainly, a smile is visible through the visor at times.

Stephen O'Brien has certainly demonstrated he has potential and should definitely give it a few more years. Championship will be the test of him alright...The good news for him is that Ryan favours players like him - so, he more than likely will get some championship experience. Hopefully, he gets a very good test in Munster before he heads into the cauldron of Croke Park. That's if he sneaks a place in the side - will Ryan go with a line of O'Brien, Bonnar, and Dan MCcORMACK - not enough fire power in that half forward line for me - it would seem two out of those three will start - with noelie and forde fighting for the creative/scoring role - Don't think O'Brien will dislodge Bonnar or Dan - don't think he is up to par with them just yet...just hope if anything happens to those players he is able to step up ...Forde's form seems to have got a reaction from Noelie - although you can't bait sibling rivalry!!!

This i fully agree with 100%. Great post btw. Alot of truth and good observation in it tbf

On Hamill though, is anyone still concerned he has a serious lack of pace? Id be terrified of him starting to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Yeah I agree with a lot of that post too. But: of the half-forward line all I would say for certain is Noelie starts. Yeah, he's had a couple of periods where he's lost a bit of form but to my mind he's already a near legend for what he's achieved in the blue and gold jersey. His intelligence, his work rate, not to mention the almost telepathic relationship he has with his younger sibling, he's the first name I put on that half-forward list. Bonner very soon after assuming he's up to speed. I'm backing O'Brien to make it, but he does have to prove it championship wise yet. Otherwise, Forde, Dan McCormack are solid options. I quite like Andrew Coffey too but he's one for the future.

I do like Forde but he has some way to go before thinking about displacing Noel yet imo.

On Hamill though, is anyone still concerned he has a serious lack of pace? Id be terrified of him starting to be honest.

Have been impressed enough so far, without being totally blown over. Could be cover for Barry maybe, i can't think of too many other obvious candidates?

• Advertisement

Pace is not his forte - though, I wouldn't be terrified of him starting. That said, I don't think he will start. But, I'm delighted to see develop as a serious option

When Noelie is in form - he can be the best player on the pitch. And, when he is not... - Consistency can be an issue. That said, he is a terrific player. But, more often than not, has disappeared against KK in huge championship games...

I think Forde can displace Noelie. But, he will have to change his game. In the same way Larkin had to change his game when there was no spot on the inside forward line for the taking...

I still think Forde is better closer to goal. A very clinical finisher in front of goal.

And, while it's hard to argue, I still think that John McG on the forty is serious prospect. The more he is on the ball the better. He never chooses the wrong option...

When Noelie is in form - he can be the best player on the pitch. And, when he is not... - Consistency can be an issue. That said, he is a terrific player. But, more often than not, has disappeared against KK in huge championship games...

I think Forde can displace Noelie. But, he will have to change his game. In the same way Larkin had to change his game when there was no spot on the inside forward line for the taking...

I still think Forde is better closer to goal. A very clinical finisher in front of goal.

And, while it's hard to argue, I still think that John McG on the forty is serious prospect. The more he is on the ball the better. He never chooses the wrong option...

I thought Noel was terrific vs Kilkenny in September and was also terrific in 2014. He is a different type of player then John. John is similar to Richie Power the Kilkenny forward in style in his ability to win his own ball whereas Noel is more of a creator and distributor - A hurling Iniesta if you like.

Forde is going very well but i think he will never quite dislodge Noel if im being honest until Noel is over the hill at least. Forde suffers from nerves but Noelie has that coolness about him. Thats probably the difference. Both brilliant sticksmen and exponents of the game though

I wouldn't say he was terrific in 2016. A lot of better performers on the day. He was very workman like on the day - put in a real good shift. 2014 was a good day. But, I don't think he has seen the heights of 2009 and 2010 performances since those years. Noelie has been going hard with club and county for a long long time. He has a hell of a lot of hurling done for such a young age. I doubt he will hurl long into his 30s. I think he was part of an extended run with Loughmore in the Munster club championship at 15/16... scored 5 points in acounty final at that age. Then scored 1-4 against Portumna in all-ireland semi.... (This is not going into his football exploits.) Noel McGrath is only what? TWENTY SIX!!!!!! seems like he has been around forever...some man.

The proof will be in the pudding. It's up to Jason to make it happen. But, great to have the options...

Liam isnt too happy alongside his Longford counterpart. Our county board are a shower of dumbasses. We have a manager who gets us to an all ireland semi final for the first time since 1935 and we risk alienating him over complete stupidity. Have they ever heard of contingency?

http://www.the42.ie/liam-kearns-tipperary-longford-postponement-3273221-Mar2017/

Liam isnt too happy alongside his Longford counterpart. Our county board are a shower of dumbasses. We have a manager who gets us to an all ireland semi final for the first time since 1935 and we risk alienating him over complete stupidity. Have they ever heard of contingency?

http://www.the42.ie/liam-kearns-tipperary-longford-postponement-3273221-Mar2017/

Kearns and all the others complaining are dead right. If I was part of the football set-up, I'd be asking why football had to bear the brunt of that obvious stupidity last weekend. A match was scheduled, the pitch was playable at all times, so why couldn't it go ahead? Never any valid reason why it couldn't. If it so happened that the pitch would be a quagmire for the hurling, then what of it? It was never ever going to be all that bad anyway. There was a lot of rain but never any deluge. Just anti-football bias and nothing more, pure cowardice. Let's call it for what it was.

• Advertisement

I think he offers great cover, anywhere from 2-7, was never really concerned over a lack of pace, more that he was very gangly and weak on the b but that has improved massively this year. He would be starting on any other county's first 15 I would imagine.

All the talk last year from inside the camp was how well he was going and that it really kept the starters on their toes, combine this with Donagh Maher flying and Barry Heffernan back (remember he was ahead of Kennedy until the concussions) and John Meagher seemingly having a sustained run without injury and we are in a very good place cover wise, Seamus Kennedy will certainly be looking over his shoulder but I think after last year he is entitled to the benefit of the doubt that last Sunday was merely a bad day at the office.
    Yeah I agree with a lot of that post too. But: of the half-forward line all I would say for certain is Noelie starts. Yeah, he's had a couple of periods where he's lost a bit of form but to my mind he's already a near legend for what he's achieved in the blue and gold jersey. His intelligence, his work rate, not to mention the almost telepathic relationship he has with his younger sibling, he's the first name I put on that half-forward list. Bonner very soon after assuming he's up to speed. I'm backing O'Brien to make it, but he does have to prove it championship wise yet. Otherwise, Forde, Dan McCormack are solid options. I quite like Andrew Coffey too but he's one for the future.

I do like Forde but he has some way to go before thinking about displacing Noel yet imo.

Agree re. Noel, he is a certain starter for me as well, as they say you cant train brains and he is one of if not thee most intelligent hurlers in the game, his vision and striking are incredible, yes his tackling can leave a lot to be desired but I think thats where the likes of Bonner/McCormack/O'Brien offer the perfect foil, its all about balance, no point in having three workhorses with no flair and equally no point in having 3 flair players with no graft.

Bonner has been home a week or two and has been training in Thurles, all reports suggest he was flying it and showed no signs of rustiness, he went back at the weekend and has 6 more weeks duty before he returns for good.

Yeah I'd agree on Hamill, he's stepped up when required. Is comfortable at full and in the half back line. Word is that's he's a beast in training.

Paddy Stapleton was on the radio last week saying that he was consistently the best defender in training last year. Will be interesting to see how he goes against kilkenny, I think he's very close to breaking into the team.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

There'll surely be 10000 in Thurles Saturday night, bit of a novelty with the lights and the fixture always gets a good number of neutrals through the gates.

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    There'll surely be 10000 in Thurles Saturday night, bit of a novelty with the lights and the fixture always gets a good number of neutrals through the gates.

Lets hope the weather is decent.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Rasputin11 wrote: »

Last weeks County Board meeting they said they were expecting 20k, thinks that's a bit optimistic myself but wouldn't be surprised to see 15k plus, one thing that is for sure is that whatever is announced will in no way reflect how many are actually there!!

• Advertisement

Kearns and all the others complaining are dead right. If I was part of the football set-up, I'd be asking why football had to bear the brunt of that obvious stupidity last weekend. A match was scheduled, the pitch was playable at all times, so why couldn't it go ahead? Never any valid reason why it couldn't. If it so happened that the pitch would be a quagmire for the hurling, then what of it? It was never ever going to be all that bad anyway. There was a lot of rain but never any deluge. Just anti-football bias and nothing more, pure cowardice. Let's call it for what it was.

Would this have happened under Barry O'Brien or even Sean Nugents watch though? I would doubt it to be honest. We had harsh winters during their reign too and football wasnt sidelined. Michael Bourke let his mask slip last year when he took Liam Cahills side over the minor football manager

Would this have happened under Barry O'Brien or even Sean Nugents watch though? I would doubt it to be honest. We had harsh winters during their reign too and football wasnt sidelined. Michael Bourke let his mask slip last year when he took Liam Cahills side over the minor football manager

To be honest i'm not so close to it i understand what went on, like a lot of people i'm just looking in from the outside, shaking my head and wondering why so much bad blood should be stirred up so unnecessarily.

I understand stuff can get heated over availability of players, dual issues etc...but to shaft people because of a bit of a soggy pitch! That just strikes me as being stupid and extremely petty. If they get shafted on something so small as taht, how can the footballers have confidence when it comes to bigger issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭shmeee

Last weeks County Board meeting they said they were expecting 20k, thinks that's a bit optimistic myself but wouldn't be surprised to see 15k plus, one thing that is for sure is that whatever is announced will in no way reflect how many are actually there!!

10k is what they are expecting as of last night anyway, that's what they are going catering for etc.

shmeee wrote: »
    10k is what they are expecting as of last night anyway, that's what they are going catering for etc.

So we can expect huge queues for tickets and a big bottleneck on leaving with only the main gate open :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

So we can expect huge queues for tickets and a big bottleneck on leaving with only the main gate open :mad:

Don't change a winning formula

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,878 ✭✭✭✭klose

You can get tickets for cheaper the day before the game in SuperValu and centra afaik.

klose wrote: »
    You can get tickets for cheaper the day before the game in SuperValu and centra afaik.

20% off before the day of the match i think so €12 instead of €15

https://supervalu.ie/real-people/sponsorship/gaa/match-day-tickets
    https://centra.ie/live-well/gaa/gaa-tickets

klose wrote: »

Indeed, last year it was a €5 off, this year it is only €3 :rolleyes:

Indeed, last year it was a €5 off, this year it is only €3 :rolleyes:

Prices are sneaking up again which for this time of year is expensive. While games can be entertaining, it is still shadow boxing really

Going back to an 8 team division next year I see with 2 up-2 down. obviously the thoughts of Galway spending another year in the second tier terrified alot of the top brass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Prices are sneaking up again which for this time of year is expensive. While games can be entertaining, it is still shadow boxing really

Going back to an 8 team division next year I see with 2 up-2 down. obviously the thoughts of Galway spending another year in the second tier terrified alot of the top brass.

If it's 8 teams next year I'd be keen to get rid of the quarter-finals and semi-finals, maybe just have a final between the top 2 in the division.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement