Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TA Events The Chernarus Conflict - Part 3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sarge marcus

Hijust wanted to see what that wep site was again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭wormbyte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

Nearly missed this one when reading the information on the next ta event. Ian is looking to run a 3 hour training season on Saturday morning before the event starts. Looking to take part myself, does not matter if this is your first event or your an old hand, this could be the perfect opportunity for anyone looking to brush up on core skills and make the most of the trip.

From Ian: If you are interested about the training and wish to be included on the survey then drop us an email with a subject of "training" to info@ta-events.co.uk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 sarge marcus

What kind of training does he do ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

Burlesque

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

What I gather from correspondence with Ian is that whilst details are still being sorted, areas of interest include house clearance, contact drills, and patrolling in urban areas.

Burlesque

That has just given me images that I really can live without ...

Ta Events have not done any training seasons yet, from my understanding ian is looking to see what people want and he will try and tailor the season to what people are looking for if he can.

If your interested drop ian an email and take part in the survey explain what you would like to do ( there is no commitment as far as im aware to do the season once you have done the survey )

from the information released last week
    Introducing a training package

We are very pleased to announce the introduction of an urban combat training package for this event . We will have a number of instructors providing a three hour training package on the Saturdat morning betwen 0700 and 1000. The price for the 3 hour training session will be £15 per player. We will be releasing a survey to all those interested so can determine the details are what players want to acheive from the package. If you are insterested about the training and wish to be included on the survey then drop us an email with a subject of "training" to info@ta-events.co.uk.

Bloodyhell, I thought I had proof read that, but going by the amount of spelling mistakes then I obviously did not :o

Ok so the training, as mentioned above, will include the basic drills for urban based combat, including section attacks against buildings, room to room clearance, platoon level attacks, contact drills etc. Basically just about all the skills you will need for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Ratsquad

*DOBBY* wrote: »
    OK well its been decided, the Barn Boozie Boogie bus is a goin to this again. Expect it to book out as quick as the event itself. Should be more of us this time around. Looking forward to it.
    looks like a few rats on for this damo, but i think we are organising transport.depending on numbers.
    but if not barbara streisand here we come..:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭deepimpact

I'm a definite on this. What's the story for the bus going from the south? Or even Dublin, I'm pretty flexible with travel.

I may also need to have someone book for me with a group on Friday since I'll be away from tomorrow until next Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

I'm there - from the sounds of it there'll be a good crew going over.
    Now to consider - a four hour drive from the ferry (with less hassle from customs) or the horror (the horror...) of trying to take airsoft gear through an airport that has, on a normal days, made travel a right pain in the ass.
    I'm voting ferry...

I'm there - from the sounds of it there'll be a good crew going over.
    Now to consider - a four hour drive from the ferry (with less hassle from customs) or the horror (the horror...) of trying to take airsoft gear through an airport that has, on a normal days, made travel a right pain in the ass.
    I'm voting ferry...

But which port. Dublin or Rosslare.

I know there will be division when it comes to the sides, but I'm thinking of going CDF. Who else is going CDF, and more importantly, can I tag along with you?

The Friday deadline kind of crept up on me and I've been caught a little unawares.

It's just as handy to go from Rosslare I think - shorter from Fishguard. Hmmm. I see that my decision was formed, once again, by too much coffee and not enough planning...

scanlant wrote: »
    I know there will be division when it comes to the sides, but I'm thinking of going CDF.

Given that to join any side other than the CDF would mean getting a whole load of non-tan kit, I think it's CDF for me.
    Let the multicam jibes commence...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭markomongo

I know there will be division when it comes to the sides, but I'm thinking of going CDF. Who else is going CDF, and more importantly, can I tag along with you?

The Friday deadline kind of crept up on me and I've been caught a little unawares.

You will still have a weeks grace to pay your 50 pound deposit after you book. Which is dead handy.

Chernarussian Movement of the Red Star again for me... couldnt betray my commie brothers at this stage! Pour up the wodka...

markomongo wrote: »
    You will still have a weeks grace to pay your 50 pound deposit after you book. Which is dead handy.

Chernarussian Movement of the Red Star again for me... couldnt betray my commie brothers at this stage! Pour up the wodka...

Oh, I know, I went to event in May. I just want to make the initial booking on Friday. I'll actually be away (some place driving from Clonmel to Dublin) at the time the tickets are released and I won't have internet access.

I'll need someone to tack me to their group of players when they're booking for CDF, and I'll sort out the payment to TA events myself when I get back from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 auscam

Just me been a nosey Bassard but i wanted to see how many of you all is thinking of heading over.:D

auscam wrote: »
    Just me been a nosey Bassard but i wanted to see how many of you all is thinking of heading over.:D

Already there. Just a four hour drive (ish).

well i can tell ye there is nine(9) RATS goin CDF....:cool:
    keyboard is primed and ready for 7pm fri;).
    watch this space for more details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

cant wait for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭r0n0c

there's about 14 going from Cork airsoft..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Will there be any locals at this at all? Looks like half the Airsofting population of Ireland is going to try to get tickets for this.

Roll on April.

I'll need someone to tack me to their group of players when they're booking for CDF, and I'll sort out the payment to TA events myself when I get back from Dublin.

Anybody? I'm not going to be anywhere near an internet connection at 7pm tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

Anybody? I'm not going to be anywhere near an internet connection at 7pm tomorrow.
    Just sent you a PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭markomongo

At least 5 heading over in our group so far... chedaki.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭*DOBBY*

I'd say about 20+ from the Barn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

Defo going.

Cork / Waterford / Carlow / Wexford Bus out of Rosslare wouldnt be the worst idea in the world.

The guy who brought us to the Mall is reasonable and sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Think i might dive head first into this -cough cough noob cough-, seeing as all my kit is woodland it'll be Chedaki

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭cobra 08

Can't wait for this should be brill:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

Tommyboy71 wrote: »
    Will there be any locals at this at all? Looks like half the Airsofting population of Ireland is going to try to get tickets for this.

Roll on April.

Redbarn, HRTA etc will be ghost towns that weekend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭coys

At this rate there will be more Irish than the rest of them put together!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

coys wrote: »
    At this rate there will be more Irish than the rest of them put together!! :D

60+ Counting from this thread alone, wouldn't be surprised if theres 100 Irish lads and lassies going.

Just goes to show that there is market for Milsim games here, feel free anyone to rent out a ghost estate for a weekend;)

60+ Counting from this thread alone, wouldn't be surprised if theres 100 Irish lads and lassies going.

I'd wait until the deposits are down since talk is cheap. That said, CC1 had two opposing platoons of Irish players so 60 is an achievable number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I'm trying to get a few firends from the uk to meet up there, so should be going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭jeawan

Guys Just to let you know Booking opened for this at 8am this morning, also i'm booked in :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

Booked and paid!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

booked in as well

9 rats booked.

• Advertisement

is there some secret behind the scenes way you guys are doing this :)

i though it was 8pm this evening they became available and when i try and go in you get 'Tickets for this event are not available until the 2000hrs on Friday 7th January.'

i imagine ian could have had a slip up with the times

it appears they opened it at 8am this morning instead man is all i know i booked on there site

It opened at one minute past midnight this morning.

This was a mistake on our part as the system only recognised the booking date and did not take in to consideration the time of day.

So we will honour the bookings that have already been made today but the system is now closed until 8pm tonight to make it fair for all those that were not intending to try booking until this evening.

Meanwhile, if you have already booked then thank you very much for you booking and I look forward to seeing you in April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭Betty Blue

9 Rats & 6 Merc's Booked in Today, Bus & Ferry Sorted aswell:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭JonnyTwoCombs

Puding wrote: »
    is there some secret behind the scenes way you guys are doing this :)

i though it was 8pm this evening they became available and when i try and go in you get 'Tickets for this event are not available until the 2000hrs on Friday 7th January.'

i imagine ian could have had a slip up with the times

It would appear that some of us, me included have nothing better to do except sit in front of thier PC, pressing 'refresh' until the booking page opens.. :D:D:D

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭coys

Yea I got a panicked message from a friend saying that it opened at 8am but he still managed to book us in so there's now 5 of us going!! :D
    Roll on April!! :D

• Advertisement

coys wrote: »
    Yea I got a panicked message from a friend saying that it opened at 8am but he still managed to book us in so there's now 5 of us going!! :D
    Roll on April!! :D

I wonder who sent him that message ;)

Come on ... come on ... move clock, move

Come on ... come on ... move clock, move

Not long to go now.

It's open - just booked. Great success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Come on The CDF. Booked.

• Advertisement