Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thailand Itinerary

Options
  • 02-11-2019 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend and I will be going to Thailand next summer for 7-10 days, she has been before so we're trying to go to places she hasn't been before

The plan currently would be to:

fly into Phuket, couple of nights on Phuket island itself, maybe Kata or Karon beach,

then Khao Lak for a night,

then up to Khao Sok, 1 night there before doing one of those overnight trips to Cheow Lan lake (https://khaosok-smiley.com/khao-sok-national-park-tours/2-days-overnight-khao-sok-lake-tour/)

then back to Phuket airport and up to Bangkok for a couple of nights

Has anyone done this kind of route before? Should we spend more time in some of those places? Must try to fit in Phang Nga bay as well

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

7 to 10 days for Thailand is way too short, another tip would be to book refundable flights, I learned the hard way with a now ex-girlfriend before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Sorry I should've said that we're moving onto the rest of South East Asia after before working in Australia for a year and since she's already been in Thailand we said we'd rather spend more time in other countries

• Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

You're nuts trying to squeeze all of that into 7 - 10 days.

Take out "couple of nights on Phuket Island itself" and you have yourself a better plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

ya we looked into it more and decided to drop phuket

4 nights in khao lak/koh lanta
    2 nights in khao sok

then bus to bangkok

Advertisement