Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended a black fridge for kegerator?

Options
  • 20-07-2020 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'm looking to get a kegerator and looking for a recommendation of a black fridge that will hold a 50 litre keg.
    Anyone got one that can recommend?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What's wrong with a white fridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

RasTa wrote: »

It'll be going in the kitchen where all other appliances are black

You're going to limit your options looking for a black one. What's the budget?

You're going to limit your options looking for a black one. What's the budget?
    Around €200

Corny kegs or commerical ones? Basically any fridge will do, just be careful when drilling holes as some can feck it up completely. Check adverts and donedeal etc.

• Advertisement

Corny kegs or commerical ones? Basically any fridge will do, just be careful when drilling holes as some can feck it up completely. Check adverts and donedeal etc.

I'll be using a 50 litre commercial keg.
    Would keg fit in this one?
    https://www.currys.ie/ieen/household-appliances/refrigeration/fridges/essentials-cul55b19-undercounter-fridge-black-10189268-pdt.html

I'm not sure, the dimensions are 845 x 553 x 580 mm (H x W x D) so go up to your local pub and ask them for an empty keg you need to measure for a project.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm not sure, the dimensions are 845 x 553 x 580 mm (H x W x D) so go up to your local pub and ask them for an empty keg you need to measure for a project.

Those are the external dimensions.
    I suspect a full keg won't fit in an under counter fridge due to the typical shelf at the back, down low.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Those are the external dimensions.

+1 on this, most small fridges have a step in intrusion on their rear floor for motor and refrigerant.
    Check the internal dimensions before you buy.

On the fridge colour, white will likely be far cheaper and it can be easily turned black with vinyl wrap that is available very cheaply.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Wrapping a fridge works quite well if you're patient and apply it right. Have actually had to do it twice for work reasons because good luck finding a red fridge anywhere! Just make sure to do cut outs for any vents, external controls etc that there may be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

#BlackFridgesMatter

Advertisement