Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Six Stolen Kisses - Ellis - next level tech trance right here

Options
  • 20-05-2020 11:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭

Back in the 90's being a kid, we had Sash and Carl Cox, original pioneers of electronic music.
    ATB a little arguably.

Coming into the 2000's I fell out of touch pretty good with electronic music.

A move to Amsterdam later in the 2000's and it came crashing back into muh life and has been a mainstay since.

By far and away the genre or, genre within a genre as it were, to capture my imagination at the moment is, Tech-trance.

Arguably a little Psytrance/vocalpsytrance - but the historical "Put Your Fucking Hands Up!!" - **BOING BOING BOING**,

Bounce house, Timmy Trumpet earache noise, hate that style of "music".

Tech trance it's like, built out of the space time matrix itself.
    Strong electronic sounds but, with a momentum that can actually get under your skin.
    And one of the few musical styles that genuinely works in the nightclub.

Even on the major Trance broadcasts and production shows like ASOT and FSOE, tech trance it crops up here and there and it's gaining momentum and recognition but, I can't really explain further than that - whether it's a unique personality type that actually produces it would perhaps explain whether it hasn't "come-out" more - yet.

Enough rambling:

Six Stolen Kisses,

Real melodic, real techy piece and - to me - one of the finest pieces of tech trance produced, certainly over the last couple years.

That eagle screech coming off break down after the culminating chorus - it's just those little things that send chills down your spine.

Enjoy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

decent enough track but certainly not tech trance, it would be uplifting trance. has a slightly harder edge granted.
    listen to tracks like pleasure island or play it loud by randy katana for example, there's your tech trance.
    or e-craig's productions from around 2004-2006. labels such as liqud recordes and reset records also had quite a bit of techy stuff.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

decent enough track but certainly not tech trance, it would be uplifting trance. has a slightly harder edge granted.
    listen to tracks like pleasure island or play it loud by randy katana for example, there's your tech trance.
    or e-craig's productions from around 2004-2006. labels such as liqud recordes and reset records also had quite a bit of techy stuff.

n6mZstZ.gif

Advertisement