Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

African (Kenya) Records

• 02-06-2018 12:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭

Hi, so i recently found out that my grand-aunt and her husband owned a plantation (presumbably coffee!) In Kenya during the 1950's onwards, up untill her husband died of Malaria and she moved back to UK with her 2 children where they all currently live. They had two daughters, the eldest which was born in England in 1950 and i cant find any record for the younger one who i think may have been born in Africa. Are there any birth/death records available online for this region, or any immigration/emmigration records for this destination? I havn't found any such records yet!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sheepintheback

Hi, Did you get sorted with this? I am also looking for Birth Records in the Kenyan Area.

Anybody have any Ideas?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Write to the embassy?
    http://www.kenyaembassyireland.net/

I was looking for a Chilean death cert and a very kind lady in the Chilean Embassy helped me out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

It's always having a look at Rootschat on other country genealogy. They often have a dedicated board.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

OP said 1950's so it's unlikely to be online unless the CLDS have it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭kanadams123

Thanks guys! I will check those tips out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement