Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

List of Renewed - Cancelled - Still under debate - Shows Announced (So Far...)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And so ends NBC's Dracula

It was painful viewing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Sad to see Revolution go think it's a brilliant show.

Suprised Blacklist got renewed its watchable but not exactly gripping imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Well that's disappointing.
    don ramo wrote: »
    it would be nice if this wasn't true:(

Yeah it sucks big time. First Community outright cancelled and then Parks & Rec gets a final season that probably won't air until late January/early February of 2015...
    Talk about kicking us while we're down.

Stupid NBC

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Suprised Blacklist got renewed its watchable but not exactly gripping imo.
    Yes but Americans love procedurals so that's why we have another NICS spin off (the fourth in that franchise) and yet another CSI spin off (also the fourth). They generally want shows it seems they can dip in and out of without having to follow longer plot lines. There's a few exceptions - "Person of Interest" being a big one currently - but it seems they don't want complexity in their drama or in their comedies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Yeah it sucks big time. First Community outright cancelled and then Parks & Rec gets a final season that probably won't air until late January/early February of 2015...
    Talk about kicking us while we're down.

Stupid NBC

If it wasn't for the fact that I have nothing against the people who will create their new comedies, I'd hope for them all to fail horribly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

I would watch Katherine Heigl read the TG4 news so will give SOA a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is it bad that I'm kind of worried none of the shows I watch got cancelled?

It means I'll just be adding new series to what I'm currently watching. Never good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It was pretty boring. The previews made it look promising and visually it looked good, but it was so uninteresting, we gave up watching half way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Is it bad that I'm kind of worried none of the shows I watch got cancelled?

It means I'll just be adding new series to what I'm currently watching. Never good

What are you watching

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

NBC FALL 2014-15 SCHEDULE
    (New programs in UPPER CASE; all times ET)

MONDAY
    8-10 p.m. - "The Voice"
    10-11 p.m. - "The Blacklist" / "STATE OF AFFAIRS" (beginning Nov. 17)

TUESDAY
    8-9 p.m. - "The Voice"
    9-9:30 p.m. - "MARRY ME"
    9:30-10 p.m. - "About a Boy"
    10-11 p.m. - "Chicago Fire"

WEDNESDAY
    8-9 p.m. - "THE MYSTERIES OF LAURA"
    9-10 p.m. - "Law & Order: SVU"
    10-11 p.m. - "Chicago P.D."

THURSDAY
    8-9 p.m. - "The Biggest Loser"
    9-9:30 p.m. - "BAD JUDGE" ("The Blacklist" beginning Feb. 5)
    9:30-10 p.m. - "A TO Z"
    10-11 p.m. - "Parenthood"

FRIDAY
    8-9 p.m. - "Dateline NBC"
    9-10 p.m. - "Grimm"
    10-11 p.m. - "CONSTANTINE"

SATURDAY
    8-11 p.m. - Encore programming

SUNDAY
    7-8:20 p.m. - "Football Night in America"
    8:20-11:30 p.m. - "NBC Sunday Night Football"

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=118137

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

THURSDAY
    8-9 p.m. - "The Biggest Loser"

So NBC have given up on comedy on Thursdays at 8? Probably a wise decision.

phasers wrote: »
    So NBC have given up on comedy on Thursdays at 8? Probably a wise decision.

If CBS move Big Bang Theory to a new timeslot next season though, NBC will be kicking themselves, especially with the X Factor gone from Fox and Bones moving into that timeslot (for potentially it's final season), 8pm Thursdays could've potentially been up for grabs. I wonder if ABC will make a big move and put something established like Agents of Shield or The Middle into that timeslot (which has been the deathslot on ABC for any Freshman shows, so I'd like to see them take a risk and throw a show with a fan base in there to test the waters)

Here is Fox's 2014-15 primetime schedule:

MONDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM GOTHAM (new)
    9:00-10:00 PM SLEEPY HOLLOW

TUESDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM UTOPIA (new)
    9:00-9:30 PM New Girl
    9:30-10:00 PM The Mindy Project

WEDNESDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM HELL'S KITCHEN
    9:00-10:00 PM RED BAND SOCIETY (new)

THURSDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM BONES
    9:00-10:00 PM GRACEPOINT (new)

FRIDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM MASTERCHEF JUNIOR
    9:00-10:00 PM UTOPIA (new)

SATURDAY
    7:00-10:30 PM FOX SPORTS SATURDAY

SUNDAY
    7:00-7:30 PM NFL Game
    7:30-8:00 PM BOB'S Burgers
    8:00-8:30 PM THE Simpsons
    8:30-9:00 PM BROOKLYN NINE-NINE
    9:00-9:30 PM Family Guy
    9:30-10:00 PM MULANEY (new)

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/05/12/fox-2014-15-schedule-announced-gotham-mondays-bones-shifts-to-thursday-brooklyn-nine-nine-joins-sunday/262992/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

If CBS move Big Bang Theory to a new timeslot next season though, NBC will be kicking themselves, especially with the X Factor gone from Fox and Bones moving into that timeslot (for potentially it's final season), 8pm Thursdays could've potentially been up for grabs. I wonder if ABC will make a big move and put something established like Agents of Shield or The Middle into that timeslot (which has been the deathslot on ABC for any Freshman shows, so I'd like to see them take a risk and throw a show with a fan base in there to test the waters)

I've never understood why NBC announce their schedules first, if anything they should go last to find the weak spots in other networks' lineups. Ah well, all their new shows suck and I hate them, stupid NBC.

The FOX schedule is a bit weird, where's Glee? I bet they're regretting that 2 season renewal now :pac:

Also strange to see Brooklyn Nine Nine on Sunday nights where American Dad would have been, in the middle of an animation block.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Less concrete is its commitment to "Glee's" final season. While widely reported as 24 episodes (22 plus the two reallocated from the current season), Reilly said "the order is currently for 22 but we're actually going to sit down with Ryan [Murphy] and really talk about how we're going to end it and figure that out. The advantage of having it on later in the season is that we don't have to feel the pressure of delivering, that we can do them in a row. So we're going to sit down and talk about exactly the best way to end the show now and how many that is."

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2014/05/12/fox-gives-gotham-sleepy-hollow-extended-orders-idol-cut-back-once-again-778205/10895/#TkBxGtwW7hzg4Qj4.99

Thrill wrote: »
    Trailers for some of NBCs new shows.

A to Z

Bad Judge

Marry Me

The Mysteries of Laura

State of Affairs

What an underwhelming line up of new shows, Jesus but NBC really are just recycliung the same tired ideas time after time. Each of the shows looks to be the kind of cookie cutter fare that will either be the biggest thing in years or quietly slip from schedules after 4 or 5 episodes. Not a single stand out from the pack and Marry Me appears to be little more than a spin off from Happy Endings, only with no Max.

State of Affairs looks interesting but Hiegel is the kind of actor who would put me off a show, she has no charisma and I'm really hoping that the show isn't going to rest on her shoulders as she's not much of an actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

I'd like to know who Debra Messing is blackmailing at NBC. She must have something big on someone to keep getting new shows.

The NBC lineup looks more suited to TLC rather than a major network. Seems having one successful show with a female lead this season encouraged them to copy the formula. Hope they have plenty of replacement shows lined up.

Revolution would have looked very out of place on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fox has cancelled Rake

What is with all the "bad" films and tv shows we have had teacher, santa and grandpa and now judge

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What are you watching

Far too much. Need to cut down somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Fox has cancelled Rake

That happened weeks ago did it not?

A few days ago, on the 7th.

The Michael J. Fox Show, which was pulled in February ,is officially cancelled.

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/michael-j-fox-officially-cancelled/

Trailer for Wayward Pines – 10-episode Midseason Event Series From Fox. Premieres in 2015.
    produced by FX Productions, is based on the novel Pines by Blake Crouch and stars Matt Dillon as a Secret Service agent investigating a disappearance in a small Idaho town.

It is executive produced by Hodge along with M. Night Shyamalan, Donald De Line, and Ashwin Rajan. The pilot episode was written by Hodge and directed by Shyamalan.

Trailer for Hieroglyph from FOX which got a 13 episode order.
    Hieroglyph, which is eyed for next season, is set in ancient Egypt, where fantasy and reality intertwined. It follows a notorious thief who is plucked from prison to serve the Pharoah, navigating palace intrigue, seductive concubines, criminal underbellies and even a few divine sorcerers.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sorry if it was already posted and old news

Trailer for Empire, a new Fox drama series.
    Empire, which hails from Lee Daniels and Danny Strong, follows the head of a music empire whose three sons and ex-wife all battle for his throne

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2014/05/upfronts-2014-first-look-foxs-empire/

Mulaney – Fall Comedy

Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3P19ICEYfI

Fox Ups Order For Multi-Camera Comedy ‘Mulaney’ To 16 Episodes

http://www.deadline.com/2014/05/fox-ups-order-to-multi-camera-comedy-mulaney-to-16-episodes/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

CBS have cancelled a load of new shows continuing what has to be one of the worst seasons for cancellations ever.

Intelligence
    Hostages
    Bad Teacher
    Friends with Better Lives
    The Crazy Ones

The Mentalist however has been renewed for a 7th season.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-renews-the-mentalist-cancels-other-series/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,447 ✭✭✭squonk

The show title icon for Empire looks like it was nicked from Boardwalk Empire! :)

• Advertisement

Trailer for ABCs new series Selfie.
    Selfie: “Instafamous” Eliza Dooley (Karen Gillan) has 263,000 followers who hang on to her every post, tweet and selfie. But one lonely day she has a revelation: being friended is not the same as having actual friends. She asks marketing guru Henry (John Cho) to ‘rebrand’ her self-obsessed reputation and teach her how to connect with people in the real world

Advertisement