Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric Trolleys

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Corkey123

I have had a GoKart for quite a while now (5 years +) and recently upgraded to a Lithium 18 hole battery (well really more 27+holes)

Great design, compact and easy to fold. Excellent motor that is easy to adjust to your walking speed. Too often you will see golfers walk at the pace of their trolley than rather than the other way around.

The best Customer Services I have ever experienced, after I crashed a previous model. Let it roll down a hill and well, the rest is history.

Excellent piece of kit and quite different from your standard electric trolley

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭pete4pool

Been looking for my dad also. Found this for less than €350.
    https://www.odwyersgolf.com/shop/golf-carts/electric-golf-trolleys/gogolf-electric-cart-standard-lead-acid-black/

Its not a big name, but looks a good trolley. I think with the big names they have gone digitel and away from the analogue devices, so the prices have gone way up. For nearly 60% of the cost of a Powakaddy its definitly worth a look.

My father inlaw hasa new powakaddy and doesn't use half od the features on it.

Also buying from small irish company usually has good service if any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

^ That doesnt come with a lithium battery...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

GreeBo wrote: »
    ^ That doesnt come with a lithium battery...

An extra 100 gets you a lithium battery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Another vote for the gokart, ive had mine for 5 years and its still going strong... Fantastic piece of kit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

Got an email flyer from Mcguirks to say electric trolleys are back in stock. I think that shows the supply issue that’s happened.

It might be best to hold off on buying for a few weeks until stock levels improve and you might pick up a good secondhand one.

Personally I wouldn’t buy that unbranded one as getting parts in a few years could be difficult. There have been similar ones like golf motion which had a limited life.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭doogie!

Has anyone ever bought a remote electric caddy, I know you are talking big money....motocaddy have the S7 for over a grand, are there any other ones on the market of note?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Bought a 2nd hand golf glider, it has an acid battery which seems to be OK and will only really use it on hilly courses or golf trips as prefer to push cart on my own course as flat enough and like to feel getting some exercise.
    Thinking of getting a lithium battery just wondering do you have to get one specific for Golf glider or can you get any Latium battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Luckycharm wrote:
    Bought a 2nd hand golf glider, it has an acid battery which seems to be OK and will only really use it on hilly courses or golf trips as prefer to push cart on my own course as flat enough and like to feel getting some exercise. Thinking of getting a lithium battery just wondering do you have to get one specific for Golf glider or can you get any Latium battery?

When I switched from an Acid to a Lithium battery for my Golf Glider I had to also get a new connector. That was a few years ago so they might have improved that since.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Bought a 2nd hand golf glider, it has an acid battery which seems to be OK and will only really use it on hilly courses or golf trips as prefer to push cart on my own course as flat enough and like to feel getting some exercise.
    Thinking of getting a lithium battery just wondering do you have to get one specific for Golf glider or can you get any Latium battery?

Use that lead acid until it dies then get a Lithium, the connector is an easy swap around so not an issue.
    Lithium so much lighter, those lead acids can be a right pain lifting in and out of the boot, want to avoid doing your back in

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

slave1 wrote: »
    Use that lead acid until it dies then get a Lithium, the connector is an easy swap around so not an issue.
    Lithium so much lighter, those lead acids can be a right pain lifting in and out of the boot, want to avoid doing your back in

Will do think I am going to their factory when opens up again as going to get umbrella holder, best thing I ever got on my other caddy car. Will ask then.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

Luckycharm wrote: »

I replaced the lead acid battery on a very old glider with a lithium battery and am using the same battery five+ years later so delighted with it. I did have a problem at first in that the battery worked fine at my home course but when I used the glider/battery on a longer course it would die after 17 holes. Replacing the motor solved the problem. I cannot remember the exact details but as I recall my motor was an older type. Contact Keswick in Churchtown who distribute the glider.

Advertisement