Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread ban appeal

Options
  • 06-01-2021 3:28pm

Baggly wrote: »
    Mod

Folks, let us all try to keep our composure here. I would suggest in the interests of the discussion that we refrain from unfounded speculation on the causes of the suicide. It cant be proven either way, so no one is going to definitively 'win' that argument.

At the same time, people are free to discuss the fact this happened. I would ask they be respectful in doing so; and will issue cards if i find that is not the case.
    I then responded to a poster by stating the fact that being harassed isn't realistically helpful to a person with precarious mental health. I have absolutely no idea if it was responsible for the suicide and I'm not particularly okay with concluding it was. So at best it amounted to me stating that it wasn't likely any good for it. I remained entirely respectful.

I don't exactly get how it can be discussed in the thread in a respectful way if my post below violates the warning. If I thought it did, I wouldn't have posted it.
    There is an established precedent of her and her supporters harassing people to the point of them leaving the country. I have no idea how much it affected him but imagine harassment of that kind from her supporters is desperate for a person in a mentally precarious state. The very fact they're harassing anyone is desperate.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod via PM?

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod via PM?

Yep, was sent here to appeal. For the record I would not have posted if I realised that was violating warning.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,297 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

1 post by another user unapproved. But in response to that poster please note forum cards and bans are dealt with in the Dispute Resolution Forum, once you have exhausted your discussion with the mod in an attempt to resolve it directly

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Hi

Could you send me a link to the thread and the relevant post?

PR, if you click on the link beside "Baggly" in the quote in the OP that will bring you to the warning and a number of deleted posts immediately preceding it

• Advertisement
Advertisement