Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Wicklow Town/Rathnew Estates

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dbas

Larsso30 wrote: »
    definitely something happening up at Sessile oaks alright i saw the sole digger on Saturday. Fingers crossed dbas

I was out talking to the driver on Friday evening after work. He is exposing the surface for archaeologists to make their assessments etc. Once nothing of significance is found then works will proceed. (hopefully within two weeks) Looking at ten to 11 months for the first phase to be complete. 28 in first phase and up to 200 going to be built subject to planning permission of course.
    Saw a red kite hovering over the site while I was there too. Nice for a Dub to see as we are just used to vermin birds- pigeons and gulls etc or as the kite would say - supper

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

The fields up by the Educate together school are being dug up.
    Looks like there is planning permission from 2016 for 36 detached and semi detached houses for that site. Anyone know anything more about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Reuben1210

Jimjay wrote: »
    The fields up by the Educate together school are being dug up.
    Looks like there is planning permission from 2016 for 36 detached and semi detached houses for that site. Anyone know anything more about it?

Yeah planning has been in place for a while. The original incarnation was for houses that are three storeys...using all the attic space for the third storey. Quite different, but not sure if the permission was subsequently amended. I hope not, as it will add some variety!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

I reckon the entrance to that site at educate together will need to be changed, can already see issues with people getting in and out the school gates while vans etc are pulling into the site.

Another new estate down by heatons. Boards went up the other day. Popping up all over the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Reuben1210

I wonder what the Heatons development is...apartments would go well there, but I assume more houses!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Baybay

Reuben1210 wrote: »
    I wonder what the Heatons development is...apartments would go well there, but I assume more houses!

And it seems you’re right! 35 three & four beds according to Daft tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dbas

Baybay wrote: »
    And it seems you’re right! 35 three & four beds according to Daft tonight.

HI. Any chance of a link when you get a chance?
    I cant find it on daft
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Larsso30

dbas wrote: »
    HI. Any chance of a link when you get a chance?
    I cant find it on daft
    cheers

here is the 3 bed

https://www.daft.ie/wicklow/houses-for-sale/wicklow-town/bollarney-woods-wicklow-town-wicklow-1981436/

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Panjandrums

A throwback to 2002.

An application (third time lucky) to finish Grahams Court with the remaining 21 houses by the original developer.

The severe lack of open space is a major issue. I wouldn't like to see the asbuilt drawings for the open space. I think they would be lucky if they had half what the claim to have.

The lack of effort shown by the architect to bring the drawings into 2018 frightens me. Materials to be used and dates are 15 years old.

http://www.eplanning.ie/WicklowCC/AppFileRefDetails/181332/0

• Registered Users Posts: 6 arandompaddy

The lack of effort shown by the architect to bring the drawings into 2018 frightens me.

Frightening but not surprising. Developers and estate agents are still arrogant greedy f*ckers.

The council ought to reject that outright given that build regs changed significantly in 2005.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 oneils23

Just wondering if anyone has purchased in the Meadows (or Meadow Gate) and took the allowance instead of the standard kitchen? We signed contracts based on the purchase price which included a kitchen but we have received an allowance booklet from the developer and now wish to take the kitchen allowance instead. Has anyone any experience of not going with the standard kitchen in the Meadows and how this worked?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CA39

Anyone else on the Internet buy in seascape? Looking to hear about your experience. Mine has been hellish. Developer and estate agent not returning my calls. Months overdue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 colecole

Hi, I have also purchased here. I am trying to get a hold of the developer and have a contact number now. I was on site two weeks ago houses seem there. the ground works look like they will need a while

colecole wrote: »
    Hi, I have also purchased here. I am trying to get a hold of the developer and have a contact number now. I was on site two weeks ago houses seem there. the ground works look like they will need a while

Hi ColeCole, we have the number too but not much use when the phone is never answered/calls are not returned 🙄 Extremely poor on the 'customer care' side to put it mildly. Have you had any update on snagging dates recently? We've had numerous snagging dates so far that have all come and gone. The latest also looks extremely unlikely at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lilo10

CA39 wrote: »
    Hi ColeCole, we have the number too but not much use when the phone is never answered/calls are not returned �� Extremely poor on the 'customer care' side to put it mildly. Have you had any update on snagging dates recently? We've had numerous snagging dates so far that have all come and gone. The latest also looks extremely unlikely at this stage.

We are buying there also and have found the whole experience to be really difficult aswell! We were told we would definitely be in by October.. However, we actually got on site for a visit to actually see the house on Wednesday. We rang the Estate Agent and they organised this site visit. They are saying 1 month for snagging but again..pinch of salt for that!

Lilo10 wrote: »
    We are buying there also and have found the whole experience to be really difficult aswell! We were told we would definitely be in by October.. However, we actually got on site for a visit to actually see the house on Wednesday. We rang the Estate Agent and they organised this site visit. They are saying 1 month for snagging but again..pinch of salt for that!

Hi Lilo10, I think I saw you there if you were on No. 2 while I was snooping around on Wednesday morning, haha. We got in to look around just before Christmas. I'm not sure they have a plan. It's been month now since

Yes,
    Same i havent actually spoked to anyone on site.
    The number I have now is for cara.
    I am going to call down to site next week.
    would be interested in having a chat with you if you wanted to share contact details.
    I might send you a pm (can you do that on this) ive only signed up today

I got a number for a guy that is on the ground works . I think that may be what takes the longest now. He had said maybe two months (that was 2 weeks ago) my loan offer may expire by then !!!
    have any of you seen detailed house plans.
    I think are steps going to the front door with the car park spots at a much lower level.

Nothing on snagging dates ! when i get word ill let you know

Haha CA39 that was us!

• Advertisement

Yes,
    Same i havent actually spoked to anyone on site.
    The number I have now is for cara.
    I am going to call down to site next week.
    would be interested in having a chat with you if you wanted to share contact details.
    I might send you a pm (can you do that on this) ive only signed up today

Yes it was Cara who arranged the site visit for us so you should try calling her and get a time fixed for this as it is good to get on site. I've only signed up for this myself today so not sure how it works but yes, do send on a PM to share contact details!

5 weeks away I’m hearing / I’d expect closing end of feb

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Parkelm

Another one here who has bought in Sea Scape and is extremely disappointed with the process and progress to date!

I got a number for a guy that is on the ground works . I think that may be what takes the longest now. He had said maybe two months (that was 2 weeks ago) my loan offer may expire by then !!!
    have any of you seen detailed house plans.
    I think are steps going to the front door with the car park spots at a much lower level.

Yes the driveway will be below the houses and there will be steps up to the house. It looks like the houses at the bottom of the hill will have quite a few steps and it decreases as you go up the hill. I'll email you on the link to where the details are on the Wicklow Planning site. There's also stuff on the back gardens there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Yes the driveway will be below the houses and there will be steps up to the house. It looks like the houses at the bottom of the hill will have quite a few steps and it decreases as you go up the hill. I'll email you on the link to where the details are on the Wicklow Planning site. There's also stuff on the back gardens there too.

Pass by the site 5 days a week and see they have dug out in front of the houses that are built again and seems to be huge rise up to the houses with steps and will be a good while before these are landscaped and completed and roads put in and services done, one thing won’t have to worry about the lawn growing too quickly as that site is all rock. The auctioneer is based in the west of the county and Dublin and doesn’t seem to have a local partner.

Pass by the site 5 days a week and see they have dug out in front of the houses that are built again and seems to be huge rise up to the houses with steps and will be a good while before these are landscaped and completed and roads put in and services done, one thing won’t have to worry about the lawn growing too quickly as that site is all rock. The auctioneer is based in the west of the county and Dublin and doesn’t seem to have a local partner.

Noticed this, didn't think there would have been need for as steep an angle up to the houses. The friary is similar land and gardens are just slanted. My mother was hoping for one of the two beds but there'll be no way ill let her buy if its steps up to her door. Flew along at the start but seems to be slow progress lately. I live in an estate opposite.

2013Lara wrote: »
    Noticed this, didn't think there would have been need for as steep an angle up to the houses. The friary is similar land and gardens are just slanted. My mother was hoping for one of the two beds but there'll be no way ill let her buy if its steps up to her door. Flew along at the start but seems to be slow progress lately. I live in an estate opposite.

There's no steps up to the two beds according to the plans and the ground is level in front of them at the moment. They have 9 of them up already you can see into them from the Friary.

There's no steps up to the two beds according to the plans and the ground is level in front of them at the moment. They have 9 of them up already you can see into them from the Friary.

Does anyone have a link to where I see the plans ? Please -

Oh must take a drive into the friary and have a look, I didn't realise there were any more built apart from the front row! Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I also drive past these daily and didn’t realise they’d built any more than the front row. Also dont think those front ones will be live in able any time soon...

Advertisement