Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JD Sports

Options
  • 21-12-2020 9:40pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm quite suprised to see no other posts about these guys on boards lately. They seem to be having serious issues with either staffing or warehouse management. I put in an order on the 2nd of this month, it only arrived today! (Btw, appologies in advance for the long-possibly ranty post that follows!)

But that isn't really my concern.. I ordered 2 pairs of runners and one pair of tracksuit bottoms. The tracksuit bottoms were out of stock :rolleyes: , but both pairs of runners were included.

So I opened the first pair of runners (I ordered 2 pairs size UK 10). The first pair were ok, the second pair were only 9.5 size? But more alarmingly clearly been worn. See the attached photos for the condition.

Obviously from the sticker and base of the runners these were used for some time before getting returned. In the current pandemic time, I think especially it is disgusting that something in this condition ever left their warehouse to the customer.

So I contact them on Facebook and they first only apologised for the out of stock tracksuit bottoms, had to remind them to read the full post including attached photos :rolleyes: . I then asked could I speak to a manager as I wanted to know just how runners in this condition reached me.
    The manager apparently "wasn't interested" and offered 10% off my next order under 100€ :rolleyes: . No I'm not after any financial gain here, I'd like to know how trainers in this state ever left their warehouse!!

It keeps getting better.. To sort this out I either need to:
    1. Use parcel motel to return the pair (I don't have a printer, I had a lot of "fun" trying to get a equipment return form for Virgin done as it seems most people don't have printers these days, myself included)
    2. Ship it back to them to Rochdale in the UK! (I wasn't even advised they would cover the postage here, probably not!!)

So I decided to ask them to arrange DPD to come and collect the runners (at a time suitable for me of course). No word back on that yet but I'll certainly keep yiz updated! :D

So boardsies, do you think for the above I am overreacting or should they be taking more interest (from the hygine side of things).

I would finally like to say Lifestyle Sports is a fantastic expierience in comparision (bit more expensive and less selection) never had any issues with them (this is the second time JD has sent me something totally wrong size).

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Did you order to Parcel Motel NI address?

Retailers are responsible for return costs for faulty/misdescribed products (which your 9.5 runners absolutely are); but if you ordered to PM NI they are not responsible for the costs of returning from Ireland, as they sold to the UK. This is not relevant at all if you didn't use PM NI/PM at all; of course.

So many retailers that can make online work normally are crumbling under load this year, so it may not be a widespread issue - but its not someone I've ever bought from myself.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

L1011 wrote: »
    Did you order to Parcel Motel NI address?

Retailers are responsible for return costs for faulty/misdescribed products (which your 9.5 runners absolutely are); but if you ordered to PM NI they are not responsible for the costs of returning from Ireland, as they sold to the UK. This is not relevant at all if you didn't use PM NI/PM at all; of course.

So many retailers that can make online work normally are crumbling under load this year, so it may not be a widespread issue - but its not someone I've ever bought from myself.

Shipped it to my home address in Dublin. I ordered from jdsports.ie. They seem to have some arrangement with Parcel Motel..

It's more the hygine aspects I'm concerned about, not just the wrong size!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There's a few places that offer PM for returns, they can't force you to use it and are liable for return shipping costs regardless.

Just referred to them as the 9.5s for ease of reference - you bought new, those aren't new so that'd be enough to return as misdescribed on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

They've stores all over Dublin. Why not just bring it back to the shop?

It'll save ye all the bother of printing and return postage costs

L1011 wrote: »
    There's a few places that offer PM for returns, they can't force you to use it and are liable for return shipping costs regardless.

Just referred to them as the 9.5s for ease of reference - you bought new, those aren't new so that'd be enough to return as misdescribed on its own.
    Cheers, I'd be happy to use the parcel motel, as I have one quite close by. Lack of printer is an issue here.
    ryaner777 wrote: »
    They've stores all over Dublin. Why not just bring it back to the shop?

It'll save ye all the bother of printing and return postage costs
    It will cost me more than €4 Luas return to get to my nearest JD Sports store. I do not drive.. Again this option is a cost towards me for their mess up. I also have issues with facemasks so doing my best lately to avoid shops completely unless out of absolute necessity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

yoyo wrote: »
    Cheers, I'd be happy to use the parcel motel, as I have one quite close by. Lack of printer is an issue here.

It will cost me more than €4 Luas return to get to my nearest JD Sports store. I do not drive.. Again this option is a cost towards me for their mess up. I also have issues with facemasks so doing my best lately to avoid shops completely unless out of absolute necessity.

Ok, enjoy your fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Still waiting on a pair of football boots from them. On their parcel tracker it says they are scheduled for delivery on 19 Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

No issue with over 150 quid plus on trainers but 4€ too resolve the problem is a problem. Oh and the evil mask of course....

In fairness I wouldn't be happy with them either, I agree with you on that. But would be keen to resolve the easiest way possible. I'd get over my 4€ and irrational fear of the emasculation of masks 🀣 and just get it done.

No issue with over 150 quid plus on trainers but 4€ too resolve the problem is a problem. Oh and the evil mask of course....

In fairness I wouldn't be happy with them either, I agree with you on that. But would be keen to resolve the easiest way possible. I'd get over my 4€ and irrational fear of the emasculation of masks �� and just get it done.

"Evil Mask", "Irrational fear". To explain in simple terms some people do have conditions which makes wearing masks extremely uncomfortable (moreso than the average person). In my case that is a form of Autism (ASD) and yes it is very real. I don't blame you here, our government haven't really been clear enough to explain this that some people can find face masks much more uncofortable than the average person.

As a responsible citizen I do however wear a face covering when out and about. I decide to do my shopping online however where possible to avoid this situation including low and behold here.. There was no anti mask agenda here, just in case that was the initial thought. It was a relevant response to Ryners post.

This simplest solution for me here would be to go to a local printshop and pay far less than 4€ to go to a clothes shop during the sales. It seems from my thread:
    1. Waiting 19 days for an online order to be delivered is acceptable
    2. Receiving trainers of the wrong size but more concerning clearly worn is a minor inconvenience
    3. The options provided by the retailer to resolve the issue are acceptable

My dad has a printer so I will go with the print option and return via parcel motel. I guess companies get away with such a rubbish service as people just accept it, rather than factoring in the inconvenience of it all.

Also since making this thread JD have provided me some helpful options:
    1. I can keep the bad trainers and get €15 refunded!! :confused:
    2. I only have until January 4th to return the trainers! (no consumer law here I take it, will be after that they'll get them back anyways)
    3. 5% off my next order (decreased from 10% off offered earlier! And I was questioned when I brought it up!). Not that I'd be bothered ordering from them again anytime soon!

Brilliant service indeed.. Also the trainers were €100, not 150 ;)

For those interested in this thread I finally managed to find someone with a working printer. But after JD Sports kept telling me to use Parcel Motel, this is no longer an option for JD Sports in Parcel Motel!! This is the link I was told to follow:
    https://parcelmotel.com/return/jd-sports/

There quite simply is no JD Sports option!, see attached!

It is probably to do with Brexit/Parcel Motel no longer shipping to UK, but yet there is a "Royal Mail" option which would contradict this.

I will keep this thread updated on the end result, but what an utter shambles this whole experience has been.:D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭All that fandango

Similar happened to me in September, took ages to deliver, and received a completely wrong pair of shoes. Unworn, but not even the same brand, colour, design, or size. They refunded me the postage I had to pay to send them back which was grand. Wouldnt be in a rush to use them again.

Similar happened to me in September, took ages to deliver, and received a completely wrong pair of shoes. Unworn, but not even the same brand, colour, design, or size. They refunded me the postage I had to pay to send them back which was grand. Wouldnt be in a rush to use them again.

Might be my only option. No rush for the money though so would prefer them to arrange the collection. What an absolute shambles of a company to deal with!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Regal2020

I too have had problems with JD. Bought lots from them over the years but they took out this Christmas. On two occasions I have bought items only to be told on despatch that the product was out of stock, on one occasion the item didn’t arrive at all and it was only when I queried it I was told it was out of stock and they would refund me. Which they did. But here’s the annoying thing.the items were still saying in stock on their website, even though it is out of stock on despatch. So they are taking people’s money and holding it for up to a week before you discover you are not going to get the item, and then you have to request a refund. Misleading advertisement for sure.

Regal2020 wrote: »
    I too have had problems with JD. Bought lots from them over the years but they took out this Christmas. On two occasions I have bought items only to be told on despatch that the product was out of stock, on one occasion the item didn’t arrive at all and it was only when I queried it I was told it was out of stock and they would refund me. Which they did. But here’s the annoying thing.the items were still saying in stock on their website, even though it is out of stock on despatch. So they are taking people’s money and holding it for up to a week before you discover you are not going to get the item, and then you have to request a refund. Misleading advertisement for sure.

Their an absolute waste of time and customer support is rubbish. I also had something missing from my order of 3 items (they messed up 2 out of the 3 items, good job guys!).

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I stopped buying from them last year - basically if I can't physically buy the item in the store then I don't trust their warehouse to send it out.

I ordered runners for my kids, 2 pairs for my toddler and one pair for my 9 year old. One of the pairs for my toddler had clearly been worn and returned, the other pair were a completely different pair to what I ordered. The pair for the 9 year old weren't actually a pair at all - there were 2 different sized shoes in the box, neither of which were the size I actually ordered.

Luckily this was back when the shops were open so I was able to bring them in and return them. The person I dealt with in the shop was very apologetic but they told me this happens more often than you'd think. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Mike Ashley is famous for the bad conditions in his warehouses yet people are surprised when they get items that are wrong and then have bad customer service.

Del2005 wrote: »
    Mike Ashley is famous for the bad conditions in his warehouses yet people are surprised when they get items that are wrong and then have bad customer service.

Is he not sports direct? Think JD is owned by a different person

• Registered Users Posts: 10,178 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Is he not sports direct? Think JD is owned by a different person

Correct. Completely different companies

Toots wrote: »
    I stopped buying from them last year - basically if I can't physically buy the item in the store then I don't trust their warehouse to send it out.

I ordered runners for my kids, 2 pairs for my toddler and one pair for my 9 year old. One of the pairs for my toddler had clearly been worn and returned, the other pair were a completely different pair to what I ordered. The pair for the 9 year old weren't actually a pair at all - there were 2 different sized shoes in the box, neither of which were the size I actually ordered.

Luckily this was back when the shops were open so I was able to bring them in and return them. The person I dealt with in the shop was very apologetic but they told me this happens more often than you'd think. :eek:

That's no surprise. I would have thought they would be a bit apologetic from the hygiene aspect but it's clear they couldn't care less. So it probably is a regular occurrence for them.

Ordered from them several times before and only I think once ever had an issue with item being out of stock. This experience has been a disaster though, and will be my last.

For those interested in this case. I eventually got the items couriered back to JD Sports in Rochdale, UK 3 weeks ago. After first been told they never received the item (even though, I had tracking receipt to show JD had signed for them) they eventually informed me they received them. That was on Jan 18, 2021 and I've still yet to be refunded for faulty goods and postage.

I have had to today escallate the case with Paypal where I will hopefully get my money back soon. Maybe some here will say this is a normal or acceptable customer expierience, but quite frankly I would absolutely disagree and it is the worst service I have ever expierienced from an online retailer. I can only assume Brexit has a role to play, even still I wouldn't be so sure!

• Advertisement
Advertisement