Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos delivery

Options
  • 21-01-2021 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭

If I had known that Fastway were Argos’ courier Iin Ireland I would never have placed the order but I didn’t know until Argos told me that the item was stuck in customs.

It was released late yesterday so is on it’s way. Argos said that the courier phoned the day before and the about an hour before he comes to the house.

I don’t trust Fastway - will they actually call? Because I need to divert the package to another address.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

If I had known that Fastway were Argos’ courier Iin Ireland I would never have placed the order but I didn’t know until Argos told me that the item was stuck in customs.

It was released late yesterday so is on it’s way. Argos said that the courier phoned the day before and the about an hour before he comes to the house.

I don’t trust Fastway - will they actually call? Because I need to divert the package to another address.

I don't get much delivered by fastway but I've never received a phone call, item is usually left on the door step. Probably depends on the driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

gerard2210 wrote: »
    I don't get much delivered by fastest but I've never received a phone call, item is usually left on the door step. Probably depends on the driver.

I called Argos and the lady at customer support sent an email to Fastway about diverting the delivery and calling me but she wasn’t optimistic.

They’ve had “a lot trouble and complaints” about Fastway. I was quite surprised at the honesty about it. She even doubted I could rely on the tracking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Fastway once delivered a parcel meant for me halfway down the street to another house and told the lady there that if she didn't take it the parcel would be returned to the UK, absolute shower of...

Does anyone know where Hawkes Bay is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Does anyone know where Hawkes Bay is?

Ballymount Dublin 12

• Advertisement

pm1977x wrote: »
    Fastway once delivered a parcel meant for me halfway down the street to another house and told the lady there that if she didn't take it the parcel would be returned to the UK, absolute shower of...

Just here are threads here about how bad they are.

I always check first that the retailer or seller doesn’t use Fastway, but I thought Argos deliver all large items themselves so I didn’t ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

My order has gone AWOL it seems.

I rang them, they said email.
    I emailed they said call.
    Now I get another email saying :

We’re very sorry to report that our small items team have been experiencing issues getting orders through UK/Ireland customs. Due to this, we are currently experiencing a higher than normal email volumes and so we have had to take the decision to close this email channel until we are back on track.

Never EVER again.
    And now it turns out that fast way are the delivery company....FML

Diemos wrote: »
    My order has gone AWOL it seems.

I rang them, they said email.
    I emailed they said call.
    Now I get another email saying :

We’re very sorry to report that our small items team have been experiencing issues getting orders through UK/Ireland customs. Due to this, we are currently experiencing a higher than normal email volumes and so we have had to take the decision to close this email channel until we are back on track.

Never EVER again.
    And now it turns out that fast way are the delivery company....FML

Yes I told the customer service agent today that I will not buy from Argos again as long as the partner with Fastway.

The custom delays - I don’t understand why there are delays. Brexit has been years coming. But I can tolerate that delay, but Fastway...?? Is I get the package it will be a miracle.

I would have cancel it when I found out who the courier was but by then it was already stuck in customs.

According to Fastway tracking my Argos order is out for delivery.

So now consists of staying out the window or going out to look up and down the street for any sign of the “courier”.

The don’t even have the Fastway logo on the van/car.

Fastway tracking shows that my parcel was delivered 11 times at 11:58am.

A woman who lives nearby (but we don’t know each other) brought the package to me about 10 minutes ago.

She said about an hour before she saw a guy climb onto the wall of her backgarden and throw it on the roof of her shed. And to do that he had to go through three other gardens.

WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Oh boy, I am expecting an item from Argos and, same as you, you would not have ordered if I knew it was handled by Fastway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

My Argos order was cancelled. It was coming from the UK (what Argos didn't state) and 2 weeks after ordering they sent us the money back. No message, communication or nothing unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 muraliinformal

I wanted to order an item from Argos Letterkenny/killarney and get it delivered to Dublin. Argos delivery can't do it. So, is there any courier service who does pickup and deliver to Dublin ?

Post edited by muraliinformal on

Advertisement