Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chances i'll get vax in august for travel in september i'm in my 20's ?

Options
  • 18-01-2021 1:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

what's the chances that someone my age in my 20's will be able to get the vaccine sometime in august for travel in september

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭mrskinner

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

mrskinner wrote: »

That calculator is utter rubbish, it's based purely on the current vaccine supplies, it doesn't take into account the future ramping up of Pfizer/Moderns supplies. Nor does it consider the addition of AstraZeneca supplies.

Best to ignore it completely, I actually have no clue how it's gotten so much attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Yes i predict youll get it on time. I think the rate of vaccination will speed up as the organisation / capacity gears up and up

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

El Sueño wrote: »
    That calculator is utter rubbish, it's based purely on the current vaccine supplies, it doesn't take into account the future ramping up of Pfizer/Moderns supplies. Nor does it consider the addition of AstraZeneca supplies.

Best to ignore it completely, I actually have no clue how it's gotten so much attention.

Completely agree. What’s with all the morons tweeting this sh1te, and commenting about how long it’s going to take?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Kirby Puckett

I hope so but I wouldn't count on it. Do you have a destination in mind? I have a feeling many places will be enforcing mandatory quarantine by September, and very few (if any) will have reached the vaccine cert stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 irishlad79

yeah have booked poland first week of september for a few nights don't mind having to pay the 90 euro flight change fee on ryanair for a few later as hotel was only 170 anyway for three nights but would prefer getting away for the dates i've booked for now

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭heretothere

Really hard to know. I know you want to go, but I reckon you'll just have to wait and see. At least it isn't a huge loss financially if you can't go. What sort of price is travel insurance that includes do not travel due to WHO recommendation/ disaster?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,032 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Even with vaccine there are still chances that quarantines will be retained, your issue is more vaccination levels in Poland than here. The vaccine helps to prevent you getting the virus, it does not prevent you carrying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Caranica wrote: »
    The vaccine helps to prevent you getting the virus, it does not prevent you carrying it.

To be clear the vaccines goal is to stop you getting sick, it doesn't stop you getting infected.

There is some positive data but time will tell if vaccinated people can infect others the assumption is yes but as of now there is no data to say otherwise but it is likely to be less infectious the question is, is that by 1%, 50% or 100%.

Its wait and see, by Easter we will have a much better view across Europe as to what the Summer will be like.

Advertisement