Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Litter

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,131 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Valresnick wrote: »
    absolutely nothing they can do about any issues....

Ireland in a nutshell folks !

Likewise, the manager of Dundalk Football Club can do nothing about it and has as much input into litter policies in Dublin city.

Ireland in a nutshell is people moaning about people who have no power to influence anything 'not doing anything'.

Ken 'do something!'

spurious wrote: »
    Likewise, the manager of Dundalk Football Club can do nothing about it and has as much input into litter policies in Dublin city.

Ireland in a nutshell is people moaning about people who have no power to influence anything 'not doing anything'.

Ken 'do something!'

AH HELEN IM TRYING

This post needs to be printed and framed as a reminder, stop doing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Valresnick

Strumms wrote: »
    Came back from from a dental appointment now via the R139. Beside the Malahide road.

The 139 has to be about a kilometer and a half long... the place is in a fûcking state with the amount of rubbish just dumped everywhere... on the road and mostly the verge along the sides... loose rubbish, bagged rubbish, must have been at a guess 40 - 60 big black sacks, just fûcked over the walls from and beside the erm, ‘sites’.

It’s appalling that there is absolutely no deterrent to this situation. Eventually you’ll need one lane closed, two rubbish trucks / vehicles and scores of people walking the road cleaning up... an unhygienic and dangerous situation... an operation... that will cost the taxpayers thousands, all because a group of people just cannot face taking responsibility for the waste they accumulate and dispose of it responsibly.

Looks like it’s been cleaned. N32 and also Malahide Road near Darndale roundabout. Was utterly disgusting along the Malahide Road. Plenty of people reported it to DCC so it looks like they took some action finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I live on the South Circular Road and any time there is a dumping problem beside a bin, they remove the bin and now there is more rubbish than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Looks like it’s been cleaned. N32 and also Malahide Road near Darndale roundabout. Was utterly disgusting along the Malahide Road. Plenty of people reported it to DCC so it looks like they took some action finally.

I was at lidl yesterday, between the UCI and Lidl is a rubbish tip anyway, always is/was

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Sometimes people just need a nudge. I got fed up with the state of one local footpath, there was a lot of cans and bottles thrown into the hedge with pizza boxes and assorted other litter and you could see it growing so I grabbed a bin bag and cleaned up three quarters of it, soon the bag was full so I left the last quarter for later. Today I came back and to my surprise it was cleaned up already, someone noticed I guess. There are bins on both ends so it's just people being filthy but then it only took me 15 minutes and the other person probably five minutes to clean it up; hopefully it will stop some people now, there is a difference between littering where there already is some and being the first dirtbird to drop it.

Lux23 wrote: »
    I live on the South Circular Road and any time there is a dumping problem beside a bin, they remove the bin and now there is more rubbish than ever.

Just keep reporting it to the council.

I was at lidl yesterday, between the UCI and Lidl is a rubbish tip anyway, always is/was

I do a 15 minute clean up there every few weeks. I decided no point in complaining anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,885 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I do a 15 minute clean up there every few weeks. I decided no point in complaining anymore.

It's a horrible stretch of road by all accounts. Always wondered who lives in those weird houses along that stretch.

Collected 4 bags this morning around Dublin 5 area. Will do another small clean up again during the middle of the week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement