Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dylon Pellet.. Lost instructions!

Options
  • 29-06-2020 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

I have a Dylon Pellet die but have lost the instructions on how to use it... Ive tried to find it online but cant'. Its a small black disk and has a silver lid with the color number and name. Seems to have powder inside. Does anybody know how to use this. Do you put the closed container into the wash? I cant see how to open it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

AryaStark wrote: »
    I have a Dylon Pellet die but have lost the instructions on how to use it... Ive tried to find it online but cant'. Its a small black disk and has a silver lid with the color number and name. Seems to have powder inside. Does anybody know how to use this. Do you put the closed container into the wash? I cant see how to open it!

Google finds me this :

DYLON Fabric Dyes are the easy way to add colour to your home and wardrobe. From all colours bright and beautiful to rich and intense shades
    The all-in-1 formula can revive or change the colour of your clothes and soft furnishings with ease, providing perfect, long-lasting and intense colours
    This fabric dye pod is completely safe for your washing machine and 1 pod can dye up to 600g of fabric for the full shade effect, Suitable for: cotton, linen & viscose. Mixes with synthetics will dye to lighter shades (pure synthetics will not dye)
    Item does not have expiry date, rather date mentioned on the product is manufacturer date
    This colour is also available in Hand Dye. Use with Pre-Dye if you want to change from one strong colour to another or if you want to achieve a lighter colour
    Description
    Product Description
    DYLON Machine Dye – Ready-to-use fabric dye for washing machine use. Black will always have an air of classic, chic sophistication. With Intense Black, your blacks will be at their best, rich, intense and profoundly dark.

Welcome to a world of colour. DYLON Fabric Dyes are the easy way to add colour to your home and wardrobe. From all colours bright and beautiful to rich and intense shades, with DYLON you have all the colours of the world to choose from.

If you feel like a change you can wake up your wardrobe, revive a faded top or brighten some cushion colours with colour and ease.

These Fabric Dyes are easy-to-use and completely safe for your washing machine! Ideal for dyeing clothes and soft furnishings in the washing machine The all-in-1 formula can revive or change the colour of your clothes and soft furnishings and provides perfect, long-lasting and intense colour results.

How to use:
    1.Put damp fabric into the machine drum. Remove the pod's outer sleeve, peel off the lid and put the DYLON colour pod on top of the fabric.
    2.Run a full cycle at either 30oC or 40oC
    3.Once the cycle has finished, run another cycle at either 30oC or 40oC with your normal detergent
    4.Recommended to run a third cycle with the washing machine empty adding just your normal detergent to ensure all dye is clear from the washing machine

Suitable for: cotton, linen & viscose. Mixes with synthetics will dye to lighter shades (pure synthetics will not dye).

One pack dyes 600g of fabric to full shade and up to 1.8kg to a lighter shade. Use multiple packs to dye larger quantities.

Box Contains
    1 x Machine Dye Pod

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

Google finds me this :

DYLON Fabric Dyes are the easy way to add colour to your home and wardrobe. From all colours bright and beautiful to rich and intense shades
    The all-in-1 formula can revive or change the colour of your clothes and soft furnishings with ease, providing perfect, long-lasting and intense colours
    This fabric dye pod is completely safe for your washing machine and 1 pod can dye up to 600g of fabric for the full shade effect, Suitable for: cotton, linen & viscose. Mixes with synthetics will dye to lighter shades (pure synthetics will not dye)
    Item does not have expiry date, rather date mentioned on the product is manufacturer date
    This colour is also available in Hand Dye. Use with Pre-Dye if you want to change from one strong colour to another or if you want to achieve a lighter colour
    Description
    Product Description
    DYLON Machine Dye – Ready-to-use fabric dye for washing machine use. Black will always have an air of classic, chic sophistication. With Intense Black, your blacks will be at their best, rich, intense and profoundly dark.

Welcome to a world of colour. DYLON Fabric Dyes are the easy way to add colour to your home and wardrobe. From all colours bright and beautiful to rich and intense shades, with DYLON you have all the colours of the world to choose from.

If you feel like a change you can wake up your wardrobe, revive a faded top or brighten some cushion colours with colour and ease.

These Fabric Dyes are easy-to-use and completely safe for your washing machine! Ideal for dyeing clothes and soft furnishings in the washing machine The all-in-1 formula can revive or change the colour of your clothes and soft furnishings and provides perfect, long-lasting and intense colour results.

How to use:
    1.Put damp fabric into the machine drum. Remove the pod's outer sleeve, peel off the lid and put the DYLON colour pod on top of the fabric.
    2.Run a full cycle at either 30oC or 40oC
    3.Once the cycle has finished, run another cycle at either 30oC or 40oC with your normal detergent
    4.Recommended to run a third cycle with the washing machine empty adding just your normal detergent to ensure all dye is clear from the washing machine

Suitable for: cotton, linen & viscose. Mixes with synthetics will dye to lighter shades (pure synthetics will not dye).

One pack dyes 600g of fabric to full shade and up to 1.8kg to a lighter shade. Use multiple packs to dye larger quantities.

Box Contains
    1 x Machine Dye Pod

I found that too but this is a small pellet... it is not a pod. The top will not peel off and it is hard plastic.

Here is a picture

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

Here is a picture

I've used them before and they're easy enough to open with a knife through the edge of the lid.

zoe 3619 wrote: »
    I've used them before and they're easy enough to open with a knife through the edge of the lid.

So do you just open it and empty the powder into the drum? I wasn't sure if you were meant to just put in the whole pellet and it somehow melted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭zoe 3619

So do you just open it and empty the powder into the drum? I wasn't sure if you were meant to just put in the whole pellet and it somehow melted!

It was the cold water dyes that I used and done in a basin rather than a machine,so same packaging but different process.
    The lid is easy to pierce with a knife.Maybe work the knife around to open it up a bit,throw it in the machine and I'd imagine the pot wouldn't be disolved but would come out clean and empty after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I remember these and I don't think they were for machine washing.

If I remember correctly, you mix this powder with very hot water and soak the clothes in that.

I think the clothes had to be washed and wet beforehand.

There was something about adding salt, too - can't remember at what point in the process!

Give me a minute, I might have an old one about the place that HAS instructions!

Later: update
    Sorry, hunted high and low, couldn't find it.

Believe it or not, I found - not one, but TWO of the little instruction paper that came with Dylon dyes!

Message if you want photographs of the actual instructions

here's the other

Brilliant. I had chickened out and bought a new one. Kept the old one so I might try it out of curiosity...I am sure it is at least 10 years old!

Thanks for the info.

• Advertisement
Advertisement