Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diploma to Degree option path

Options
  • 02-11-2018 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭

I wondering why there a relatively few level 7 NFQ courses out there, https://careersportal.ie/courses/simple_search.php Im considering in doing a course but would rather not have to commit to 4 years, I was hoping to do a diploma and then have the option of a degree, but there there just doesn't seem to be that many level 7 = diploma courses, I thought DIT use to provide that option for people but now its becoming a (technical) university that doesn't see to be the case which seems a real pity, its cut off a route for people, I guess colleges of further education have moved up to take DIT's place but a lot of those courses seem to start off at level 6 which might disappoint me, even if they do allow progression to diplomas (and degrees (elsewhere)).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

Commit to 4 years.

A degree has a lot of value.

A diploma has little value.

Employers also like hiring people with degrees literally because it shows they can commit to something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    Commit to 4 years.

A degree has a lot of value.

A diploma has little value.

Employers also like hiring people with degrees literally because it shows they can commit to something.

but does it teach them to do a job too? im wondering?

turns out the degree course im looking at is 3 years :/

but does it teach them to do a job too? im wondering?

turns out the degree course im looking at is 3 years :/

Most degrees aren't that practical.

But they're pretty much essential nowadays unless you want to work with your hands, e.g. a trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

OMM 0000 wrote: »
    Most degrees aren't that practical.

But they're pretty much essential nowadays unless you want to work with your hands, e.g. a trade.
    im no spring chicken, im looking to be trained to do a good job.

What job do you want to do?

• Advertisement
Advertisement