Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 - 1000 Mile Challenge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

Late arrival apologies. I'm on high mileage ATM. Need the encouragement to keep it going during the tough weeks. Last 3 weeks were 100, 105, 80,
    A 70-80 week due before Raheny 5 then a high period again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

demfad wrote: »
    Late arrival apologies. I'm on high mileage ATM. Need the encouragement to keep it going during the tough weeks. Last 3 weeks were 100, 105, 80,
    A 70-80 week due before Raheny 5 then a high period again.
    Knew I shouldn't have taken that week off.... Rotterdam?

Knew I shouldn't have taken that week off.... Rotterdam?

Not ready for Rotterdam yet, I wish I was. Lydiard marathon conditioning stuff now, road race training then off that and a few summer PBs hopefully and then build up to an Autumn marathon again. Im thinking Amsterdam.

You're Rotterdam I take it? Are you in for the George Foreman cup on Sunday?

demfad wrote: »
    Not ready for Rotterdam yet, I wish I was. Lydiard marathon conditioning stuff now, road race training then off that and a few summer PBs hopefully and then build up to an Autumn marathon again. Im thinking Amsterdam.

You're Rotterdam I take it? Are you in for the George Foreman cup on Sunday?
    Yup, Rotterdam with a vengeance. I'm having a pop at the George Foreman again, but brought a chest infection home with me from my travels at the weekend, so if not fully recovered, I'll do a long run instead.

Best of luck with the training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I'm in

• Advertisement

I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭spc78

I'm out.

Just upload those Treadmill Calibration Certs and we can ratify that 1000 miles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I'm out.

Jaysus. Fair play.

spc78 wrote: »
    Just upload those Treadmill Calibration Certs and we can ratify that 1000 miles.
    I'm heading out for another 6 miles shortly. That should cover any discrepancies. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

1000miles today for me. Nice to get it done whilst tapering!

• Advertisement

1000 for me too. Will still keep track for the 2K. Didn't do any extra runs due to the challenge but deffo did a few I might have dropped otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Late arrive to the party. Only noticed this now. More of a social runner, Only run for times a couple of times a year. Recorded 1060 last year which would have been higher had I not torn a calf muscle after 4 miles of the Clonakilty marathon in early Dec and had to abandon it. Did manage DCM and NYC marathons last year which was brilliant.

Have London marathon in 3 weeks and Limerick marathon in 5. All going well after that and I'll be running 1 per month during the summer leading up to the Dingle marathon and DCM again in Oct.

Lots of miles to be run yet. 286 miles so far

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I did think of it during the run but forgot to post it.

I ran my 1000th mile this year on 1 April. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jmckelly

I'm a bit late, but I'll give it a go. Since this is my first time I just want to know 2 things.
    1. Is this is strictly running? I'm a member of a hillwalking club and not sure if the walks count.
    2. Do you just keep track of your own mileage and update the sheet on a weekly basis? I haven't been keeping track so far this year but I'm ok starting at zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

jmckelly wrote: »
    I'm a bit late, but I'll give it a go. Since this is my first time I just want to know 2 things.
    1. Is this is strictly running? I'm a member of a hillwalking club and not sure if the walks count.
    2. Do you just keep track of your own mileage and update the sheet on a weekly basis? I haven't been keeping track so far this year but I'm ok starting at zero.

First of all, it's just a bit of fun so there are no formal rules.

1. Personally I don't count walking miles, only running
    2. Yes, you keep track yourself and the entire challenge is entirely based on an honour system. I usually update 2 or 3 time a week but there are times I forget for a couple of weeks or update almost daily.
    3. You don't have to start at 0 if you have a reasonably accurate estimation of your mileage to date

• Registered Users Posts: 22 jmckelly

Thankyou for that info and especially about the honour system.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭curtisbrown

I'm done! One day earlier than last year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

The Conn Ultra pushed me over the 1000 mile mark yesterday, around two weeks earlier than last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Passed the mark sometime last week...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Passed 1000 earlier today. 11 days later than last year :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Classic21

Made it to 1000 miles on Saturday during the Rock and Road Marathon in Kinvarra. Three months ahead of last year!
    Recovery time for a couple of weeks then a slow build for DCM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Passed 1000 on Sunday....a bit of an improvement on last year when I passed it during DCM. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Passed the mark on Saturday in the Kingdom. Nice landmark. Here's to another 1000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Hit 1k last night. Ironically, it was a 'no watches' predict-your-time club 5k race. So, in the Strava universe, it didn't happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

2000 logged at some point yesterday. A lot more to come if I can stay injury free :)

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Passed the 100 mark about 11 hours in the Belfast 24.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭HibernianRunner

M

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Finding it tough going at the moment lads. Might sound like a whinger here but gimme a cold day in March for running over morning sunshine...............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Finding it tough going at the moment lads. Might soung like a whinger here but gimme a cold day in March for running over morning sunshine...............

Yep....whinger :pac:

• Advertisement

skyblue46 wrote: »
    Yep....whinger :pac:

Fair cop :D

Advertisement