Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has Anyone Used CustomPC.ie?

Options
  • 16-09-2019 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how they are for P&P times.

I ordered a heap of parts last Tuesday at about 11am, and according to their "order stages", it says that components/parts go through;

48 hours for Pending
    48 hours for Processing
    24 hours for Courier Delivery

It also says it'll be delivered by Nightline.

That's five working days, and I'm assuming it should get to me by tomorrow?

wJPb0aX.png

However, on another part of the website it has a table of when items typically arrive depending on the day and time of order, and according to mine, because I ordered on Tuesday, it says it should arrive on the Monday at the earliest.

And this section says it'll be delivered by Fastway.

4RTDMQf.png

So I'm rather confused. Am I getting my things today, or tomorrow? Is it Nightline, or Fastway that are delivering it (that's kind of an important concern as well since their delivery times are literally night and day by comparison)

My status of my order has been on "PROCESSING - STOCK CHECKED" since Wednesday with no signs of it changing.

lwH1c7E.png

I figured I'd ask here before contacting them and waiting possibly the whole day for a response.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,856 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just wondering how they are for P&P times.

I ordered a heap of parts last Tuesday at about 11am, and according to their "order stages", it says that components/parts go through;

48 hours for Pending
    48 hours for Processing
    24 hours for Courier Delivery

It also says it'll be delivered by Nightline.

That's five working days, and I'm assuming it should get to me by tomorrow?

wJPb0aX.png

However, on another part of the website it has a table of when items typically arrive depending on the day and time of order, and according to mine, because I ordered on Tuesday, it says it should arrive on the Monday at the earliest.

And this section says it'll be delivered by Fastway.

4RTDMQf.png

So I'm rather confused. Am I getting my things today, or tomorrow? Is it Nightline, or Fastway that are delivering it (that's kind of an important concern as well since their delivery times are literally night and day by comparison)

My status of my order has been on "PROCESSING - STOCK CHECKED" since Wednesday with no signs of it changing.

lwH1c7E.png

I figured I'd ask here before contacting them and waiting possibly the whole day for a response.

Thanks in advance.

You probably should have looked them up in here before ordering. You'll be waiting for a while, you may get something you haven't ordered, probably overpaid and if anything goes wrong you'll be banging your head against the wall.

Can you post up a list of what you've ordered and the prices?

If it was me I'd probably try cancel.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I may well be totally wrong but something tells me to avoid these guys when i see any mention of them.

Just done a search on here and yes i would avoid like the plague [while i was searching TitanGerm got in before me]

Dcully wrote: »
    I may well be totally wrong but something tells me to avoid these guys when i see any mention of them.

Just done a search on here and yes i would avoid like the plague [while i was searching TitanGerm got in before me]

Yep the name rang a bell with me straight away and had a little look on here and sure enough it's the same guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

It's probably a little late to cancel at this stage, items could very well have shipped at this point. You might be best to contact them directly. They might have got their **** together enough to get you a status update.
    We generally recommend people avoid them, too many stories of delayed delivery, incorrect items received, non-responsive customer service. You might be lucky, but do try to check the order at delivery if at all possible. Don't accept delivery if the items do not match your order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Xenoronin wrote: »
    It's probably a little late to cancel at this stage, items could very well have shipped at this point. You might be best to contact them directly. They might have got their **** together enough to get you a status update.
    We generally recommend people avoid them, too many stories of delayed delivery, incorrect items received, non-responsive customer service. You might be lucky, but do try to check the order at delivery if at all possible. Don't accept delivery if the items do not match your order.

Okay now I'm really bloody nervous lol

I'll get on the phone to them if I can

• Advertisement

You are within your rights to cancel, if stuff arrives today or tomorrow you can also refuse delivery.
    If and when you get that sorted we can suggest many other well respected places to buy gear.

I dont want to bamboozle you with all that info now while your at this current juncture, if and when you get sorted we can suggest where to go, go get sorted first and good luck.

Dcully wrote: »
    You are within your rights to cancel, if stuff arrives today or tomorrow you can also refuse delivery.
    If and when you get that sorted we can suggest many other well respected places to buy gear.

I dont want to bamboozle you with all that info now while your at this current juncture, if and when you get sorted we can suggest where to go, go get sorted first and good luck.

See I was using PC Part Picker to get the build I wanted and the cheapest options that were given to me were Komplett.ie and CustomPC.ie.

My items from Komplett arrived bang on time last week, no issues whatsoever.
    Still waiting on these things to come.

I tried to ring them but they said they don't answer order queries over the phone -- I have to email them about it....

Kinda bummed out as I was really giddy this morning thinking I would've had an update on my order by now.

I'm the optimistic type - I always try to imagine they'd do some sort of decent service for having been around for well over 30 years, and would only land themselves in serious trouble if they were persistently bad?

I'll try and be patient between today and Wednesday. I found some small print on their website somewhere that says customers should allow UP to 7 working days. So I'll give them that grace at least.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

EU Law gives you an inarguable right to return anything purchased online within 14 days of making the purchase. PC Part Picker is great, but I think it's fair to suggest most of us would use the UK variant as it still works out cheaper and with a lot more choice.

I'm not sure what kind of outfit refuses to do customer service over the phone, that would be enough for me to never want to deal with them. Fingers crossed...

Im sure you will get the gear but reading search results its what happens if anything goes wrong that worries me.

Fingers crossed for you man, hope it works out for you.

I guess this is a lesson learned, then.

I feel so stupid. The one time I finally get the funds to build my first rig and I get it from a bad location. It would be me, of course lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I was the same, must of been about 7 or more years ago.

Ordered a graphics card and had to wait about 2 months, said part was in stock on website and then they said through email when I checked what the hold up was then they said it was out of stock.

Was a fun 2 months using the integrated graphics while I was waiting.

Don't know how they are still open

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

TBH I blame PCPartpicker for steering people to the "Irish" sites which sadly don't offer great value/customer service.

Gonna be a pain if Brexit happens next month though - I don't fancy buying from Germany with their absurd shipping.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    TBH I blame PCPartpicker for steering people to the "Irish" sites which sadly don't offer great value/customer service.

Gonna be a pain if Brexit happens next month though - I don't fancy buying from Germany with their absurd shipping.

This has actually been their popular excuse for about a year now, I think - from what I've been reading anyway.

But if these issues go back as far as 7 years ago, what was there excuse then?

UPDATE:
    Lads I got an email update.

They gave me a tracking number for Fastway (which isn't working for some reason) and my order status has updated to "complete" and my VIP points were put into my account.

So what now? Is this a good sign?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,168 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

What's it say on the fastaway tracker?

Not wanting to stress you further but they're probably the worst courier I've ever seen for just dumping stuff on the doorstep or ****ing it over the fence if you're not there.

UPDATE:
    Lads I got an email update.

They gave me a tracking number for Fastway (which isn't working for some reason) and my order status has updated to "complete" and my VIP points were put into my account.

So what now? Is this a good sign?

They may have been issued a tracking number by Fastway but they may not have actually collected the thing yet.

I've always found the Fastway tracker useless as it very rarely updates.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What's it say on the fastaway tracker?

Not wanting to stress you further but they're probably the worst courier I've ever seen for just dumping stuff on the doorstep or ****ing it over the fence if you're not there.

Oh believe me, I know what they're like. But I've gone fairly desensitised by them at this stage.

Thankfully I'm always home when they do arrive at my door (I work in the late afternoons til night)

Apparently the number hasn't been put into their system yet. So I dunno what the deal is

TYLmG6L.png
    TitianGerm wrote: »
    They may have been issued a tracking number by Fastway but they may not have actually collected the thing yet.

I've always found the Fastway tracker useless as it very rarely updates.

I use 17Track.net myself. I find it much more accurate.

Okay I got an email from support.

Said it's now in the hands of Fastway and should be delivered tomorrow.

So fingers crossed

Everything arrived this morning, nothing was missing. I guess I must've gotten lucky.

Have everything all built now. Seems to be going well so far.

However, in future, if I ever need any components/PCs, I'll look elsewhere. CustomPC.ie gave me too much anxiety based on the feedback I've heard from other people. They might have gotten this order right and posted in the week, but the next order might not be the same. I'm not risking it. I'd rather go somewhere I can actually feel comfortable and satisfied buying things from and have them delivered within a reasonable time frame.

Thanks for your help lads (sorry for the triple post)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Everything arrived this morning, nothing was missing. I guess I must've gotten lucky.

Have everything all built now. Seems to be going well so far.

However, in future, if I ever need any components/PCs, I'll look elsewhere. CustomPC.ie gave me too much anxiety based on the feedback I've heard from other people. They might have gotten this order right and posted in the week, but the next order might not be the same. I'm not risking it. I'd rather go somewhere I can actually feel comfortable and satisfied buying things from and have them delivered within a reasonable time frame.

Thanks for your help lads (sorry for the triple post)

Love a good CustomPC thread, nice to see a happy ending! Enjoy the new rig. be sure to post a few photos in the main thread!

• Advertisement
Advertisement