Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BWIN acting strangely

• 21-04-2015 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭

I opened an account with BWIN and deposited €50 for the purpose of doing some bets on the Grand National. I then couldn't find any odds on the site...so I decided to cut and run, and withdraw the €50. They wrote to me saying that I was requesting a withdrawal "without adequate gameplay" after the last deposit, and they refused to refund me. Ok said I. They're playing difficult. So I decided to gamble the €50 on Villa to beat Liverpool at 6/1. Kerching. I won €300. So I went into BWIN to withdraw the money. I now have another email from them saying my request is "pending internal review from their team to ensure fairness" and it will take a few days to decide if they are going to pass to their Payments team or not. I find this utterly bizarre and antiquated behaviour. How do they have any customers if they suspend winnings in such a way ? I think it's outrageous. I have a feeling I won't be getting my money....Anyone else think they're being over the top ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ianburke

cancel your withdrawal request and place miminum stake bets for the next week of two. due to anti money laundering laws they have these things covered in their terms so this was always going to raise alarms.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Yeah just do a few evs bets over the next week or two to raise your turnover, you could follow my log on baseball to place a few bets around evs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Thanks a lot. They paid up ! I got word earlier today that they had agreed to pay out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Good to hear.
    One of the best places to go if anyone has problems with bookmakers online is the sbr forum, they can act as a go between.

Advertisement