Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Mar 16th: Snowfall, heavy rain, localised flood risk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭davemc6832

White in Letterkenny this morning but rain washing it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Im glad the rain warning stopped at westmeath cavan and monaghan, cos if they are getting rain worse then what we're getting here in meath, i feel sorry for them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Storm 10

One of the worst night's for rain in a long time in Galway and still bucketing down in strong winds

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Teemarie

Hi storm 10 or anyone from Galway how is the weather there now I see from above that it rained all night. Just wondering whether to chance traveling from Wexford for hurling. Pitch inspection was at 8 and they advised doing another one at 10!!! Match at 1:30 so be to late leaving at 10:30!

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mjp

Teemarie wrote:
    Hi storm 10 or anyone from Galway how is the weather there now I see from above that it rained all night. Just wondering whether to chance traveling from Wexford for hurling. Pitch inspection was at 8 and they advised doing another one at 10!!! Match at 1:30 so be to late leaving at 10:30!

Be aswell stay at home. Horrible rain all night and the fact that it's a double header and that they have Monday as back up to play the matches I believe they'll reschedule for Monday. They could allow it go ahead at 10 and call it off again at 1 clock and you'll be goosed then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,389 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Galway City
    Fields are water logged all over the place. Heavy surface water on roads.
    Excess of 12mm fell overnight

Thanks all for your replies!! Looks like it will be Monday so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Diabolical morning in Cork, you'd be absolutely sick of this weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I want to move back to Dublin. Had 6 weeks of constant rain in Kerry.(well it feels like it)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭Comhrá

11.4c, 990.1 hPa, falling.
    Mild, rainy and windy in Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I've woken to the sounds of heavy rain belting against my window, and wind. I'm in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Teemarie wrote: »
    Thanks all for your replies!! Looks like it will be Monday so!

It should have been called off already imo
    The football anyway
    No way it will take two matches

Absolutely Km79 my thoughts exactly the football definitely won't go ahead. The gaa should have called it especially due to the long distance for supporters very unfair

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mjp

In Galway's defence it's the only game that had a warning since yesterday of an early pitch inspection. Got caught out down in Waterford 2 weeks ago so know how it feels to make wasted journeys across country

True mjp it is frustrating though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Miserable morning. Almost my wettest March on record

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Mortelaro

Still dry but very windy in Arklow
    Only 1mm since midnight and 3.2mm prior
    No complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Teemarie wrote: »

Just confirmed on local radio all matches going ahead in Pearse Stadium

Thanks all, I just heard it's going ahead. hopefully the weather will improve!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

When is a storm not a Storm? It feels like the gusts have been as strong as the last named storm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

We got 26mm of rain in Castlebar since yesterday evening, so the warning was pretty accurate, we could break 200mm for the month by the end of the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Woken up 3 times within 3 hours by the wind hitting the house and heavy rain in cork city. Pretty bad out there

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Coming up on 25mm since rain started yesterday here near Tralee, that brings it up to 152mm or the month.

Water standing in the garden this morning in places that I haven't seen for a long while.

Got very windy last night getting up over 70 km/h

The advancing milder air associated with the system and colder air now spreading into the NW.

anim_zof3.gif

Will be interesting to watch the temperature drop during the day, currently at 8.9C , 11C at 08.30

anim_iut4.gif

Plenty of convective showers to move in once the front clears . Looks like enough shear with cold uppers and good enough lapse rates to aid Thunder later especially along Atlantic coasts. Wintry showers and a few big hail showers look set to fall overnight into tomorrow again especially along Atlantic coasts. Would expect the mountains down here to have white peaks and possibly ridges in the morning. will need to wrap up tight for the parades tomorrow!

iTJbciD.jpg

oLVONw0.png?1

shmx47G.png

ReNItgX.png

Widespread frosts with icy roads away from Atlantic coasts overnight into Sunday morning.

nmm_uk1-41-22-4_tdh8.png

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,819 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

7.9C now here near Tralee

Still raining, lightly now , no sign of a clearance yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Driving Meath to Galway shortly and it looks like the front will be clearing as we drive West. Hurrah.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Some rain last night. Fields were flooded this morning compared to yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Clearing nicely here now. The birds can be heard above the breeze. and the bare mountains are unveiled in all their winter dark splendour.

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

23mm here in Kildare since yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Thunder? was not expecting that, but the sunshine was short-lived and now a loud shower.. volatile weather.

west mayo offshore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,879 ✭✭✭pauldry

Temperatures were forecast way lower than they are and still are. Its 11 and 12c in lots of places not 6 to 9c.

Advertisement