Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convayancing new build

Options
  • 12-03-2019 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I'm trying to buy a new house and it's nearly a month since contracts were sent to my solicitor maybe even longer. How long does this take as I'm getting fed up waiting to sign.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ManyQuestions

Not a month anyway. Chase the solicitor and if no progress, move to a reputable solicitor who has a good record for conveyancing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

The problem might be with the builders solicitor. They might not be replying to pre-contract inquiries. Changing solicitor will do exactly nothing in that case but add to the expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Maxed-irl

4ensic15 wrote: »
    The problem might be with the builders solicitor. They might not be replying to pre-contract inquiries. Changing solicitor will do exactly nothing in that case but add to the expense.

He was saying hes not getting replies from the sellers solicitor. I've been onto the real estate agent and the builder to try get them to put a squeeze on their solicitors

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Maxed-irl

Signing the contract tomorrow. Hounded the builders to get stuff in place for me to sign

Advertisement