Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭The Rooster

BandMember wrote: »
    Why would anyone listen to tips from a bookie?? :confused: I mean, they are hardly going to tell you how to win money from them..... Have you ever seen a poor bookie? ;)
    Don’t mention the war, but BetBright ran up losses of about 18m!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭BandMember

Don’t mention the war, but BetBright ran up losses of about 18m!

I thought someone was going to say Ivan Yates to be honest. Ivan is a lot of things, but poor is not one of them.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Premierpride

Offaly 1/2 to beat Sligo, Offaly scrapping to stay in the league and have had a few narrow defeats, -11 points after 6 games, Sligo nothing to play for but have home advantage, -47 points after 6 games. Anyone any reason to go against Offaly? injuries, trouble in the camp or any other unknowns?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Offaly 1/2 to beat Sligo, Offaly scrapping to stay in the league and have had a few narrow defeats, -11 points after 6 games, Sligo nothing to play for but have home advantage, -47 points after 6 games. Anyone any reason to go against Offaly? injuries, trouble in the camp or any other unknowns?

we are ****e

we are bottlers, thrown away games already

theres 2 reasons

stay away or back sligo

akelly02 wrote: »
    we are ****e

we are bottlers, thrown away games already

theres 2 reasons

stay away or back sligo

Valid points:D

Surely Sligo are a little worse and have zero motivation & John Maughan wont allow Offaly to go down. They are going into my accum anyway! if for nothing else other than allowing you to come back on Monday and say 'see, I told you we were s***e' :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Valid points:D

Surely Sligo are a little worse and have zero motivation & John Maughan wont allow Offaly to go down. They are going into my accum anyway! if for nothing else other than allowing you to come back on Monday and say 'see, I told you we were s***e' :pac:

unfortunately i will be

sligo are huge at 2/1, if i hadnt emotional investment in the game id be all over them

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mjp

Surely Sligo are a little worse and have zero motivation & John Maughan wont allow Offaly to go down. They are going into my accum anyway! if for nothing else other than allowing you to come back on Monday and say 'see, I told you we were s***e'

Sligo playing at home in collooney and will be playing for pride and not want to loose every match this year. Offaly aren't a whole lot better than them so wouldn't be taking too short a price on them. Pressure is all on Offaly which can be a dangerous thing.

mjp wrote: »
    Sligo playing at home in collooney and will be playing for pride and not want to loose every match this year. Offaly aren't a whole lot better than them so wouldn't be taking too short a price on them. Pressure is all on Offaly which can be a dangerous thing.

Thanks for the general negativity around this fixture lads!! I might stay clear.

Considering the permutations in each group what do we think the bets of the weekend are? Fermanagh on the handicap with Meath as good as up when you take into account the scoring difference? (+20, 15 points to spare over donegal in 2nd on +5) Fermanagh will be pushing hard for 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

'Playing for pride' is a meaningless statement in the context of sports betting IMO. These are intercounty footballers. They are competitive to the marrow of their bones. They have been trying to win every game they played.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mjp

keane2097 wrote:
    'Playing for pride' is a meaningless statement in the context of sports betting IMO. These are intercounty footballers. They are competitive to the marrow of their bones. They have been trying to win every game they played.

Yes it may be meaningless in your eyes but im always wary of a team who on paper have nothing to play off as they often throw off the shackles and put in a performance when least expected. My biggest negative on Offaly as a bet would be that they playing at a club grounds in collooney and not their county grounds markevicz. Away team win rates in secondary grounds are much lower in league when compared to county grounds so just a point to be wary about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Whiteshorts1

Waterford are a bet today @ 11/4 their in excellent form if Leitrim play the team hyland is saying they should be close to 1/1s for this game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »
    Jennings -7.27 yesterday. Mulvihill faired better +3.82.

Current profit and loss for RP tipsters excluding outright selections in Post #9176

Jennings -32.09
    Mulvihill: -0.66

Surely be to god there's a better Football tipster around than David Jennings? They're pretty appalling numbers so far.

Current profit and loss for RP tipsters excluding outright selections in Post #9176

Jennings -32.09
    Mulvihill: -0.66

Jennings Selections 24/03/2019

Over 31.5 points (Roscommon vs Kerry)
    4pts Evs BoyleSports

Over 2.5 goals (Roscommon vs Kerry)
    2pts 13-8 general

Over 3.5 goals (Roscommon vs Kerry)
    1pt 9-2 general

Roscommon-Kerry double result (Roscommon vs Kerry)
    1pt 6-1 BoyleSports

Monaghan -1 (Mayo vs Monaghan)
    2pts 13-5 Betfair, Paddy Power

Monaghan over 13.5 points (Mayo vs Monaghan)
    3pts Evs Paddy Power

Cavan +8 (Cavan vs Dublin)
    2pts 8-11 Betfair, Paddy Power

Tyrone -1 (Tyrone vs Galway)
    2pts 5-6 general

Tyrone to win Division 1
    2pts 15-2 Betfair, Paddy Power

Meath -1 (Meath vs Fermanagh)
    5pts 8-11 Coral, Ladbrokes

Meath over 13.5 points (Meath vs Fermanagh)
    3pts Evs BoyleSports, Ladbrokes

Meath over 1.5 goals (Meath vs Fermanagh)
    2pts 7-2 BoyleSports

Mulvihill Selections 24/03/2019

Limerick over 25.5 points (Limerick vs Dublin)
    2pts 8-11 BoyleSports

Dublin +4 (Limerick vs Dublin)
    1pt 6-5 Hills

Waterford (Waterford vs Galway)
    3pts 6-5 general

A draw or either team to win by one, two or three points (Waterford vs Galway)
    2pts 4-5 Coral, Ladbrokes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,362 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Same As wrote:
    Over 3.5 goals (Roscommon vs Kerry) 1pt 9-2 general

Same As wrote:
    Over 2.5 goals (Roscommon vs Kerry) 2pts 13-8 general

? Can't understand these calls. Has he watched Kerry at all?

It'll probably be a goalfest and I'll look silly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Fúck me he's at it again an outlay of 29 points when he's already sitting at -32

What is going on with the rp at this stage like who is he answering to or are they just happy to be making the bookies a few pound from the regular joe soaps who decide to follow the 'expert ' in the paper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

365 have no goal in Limerick game at 28/1 and 25/1 for the Galway game. The Irish firms around 14s on the same bet. 365 also have a bit of value on the under 2.5 market.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Clippett

29 points invested in a desperate bid to try and turn around a poor run. Ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Stevecw wrote: »
    Carlow footballers to be relegated from Div 3 is somehow 7/1 on PP, don't think they have done their research on this one right at all. Offaly are 1/5.
    I'll try explain!

As it stands Carlow are on 5 points with games v Down (top of the table) and then away to Laois who we just can't seem to ever beat ( lost 3 times to them last year) So very likely to end on 5 pts.

Offaly are on 3 points, but have a home game v Laois and then an away game to already relegated 0 points Sligo. Whatever about the Laois game, Offaly should beat Sligo.

That leaves Carlow & Offaly on 5 points each, and because Offaly beat Carlow they would finish 6th and Carlow would be relegated in 7th place.

1/5 & 7/1 are crazy and will be soon rectified i'd say. I am from Carlow so hope i am wrong but stuck a decent bit on at 7/1. If i lose my money then it means we will have somehow stayed up. Its a win/win!

Great shout
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Cork are 5/1 to be relegated from Division 2.

I think those odds fall into the category of value too big to ignore.

Last year in the league they ended up on the same number of points as Down and only stayed up on score difference. They did beat Tipp in the championship but got hammered by Kerry and Tyrone.

You look at their panel of players and it just looks like a panel just chock to the gills of ordinary players. Combine that with their record over the last few years between league and championship and it's hard to see anything improving any-time soon.

On the sideline, 2 selectors have quit from last year and there is no plan to replace them, one of them in the last few weeks (serious red flag imo)

They have 4 away trips - to Enniskillen, Ennis, Thurles and Armagh - none of those are easy spots to pick up points at.

It's not a cert but I definitely can see it being a good value runner.

Got good value out of this, even if it just got home. :D:D:D
    Hope some others were on it as well.
    I'm still baffled at the notion that Cork were available at 5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Same As wrote: »

Jennings Selections 24/03/2019

Over 31.5 points (Roscommon vs Kerry)
    4pts Evs BoyleSports +4

Over 2.5 goals (Roscommon vs Kerry)
    2pts 13-8 general -2

Over 3.5 goals (Roscommon vs Kerry)
    1pt 9-2 general -1

Roscommon-Kerry double result (Roscommon vs Kerry)
    1pt 6-1 BoyleSports -1

Monaghan -1 (Mayo vs Monaghan)
    2pts 13-5 Betfair, Paddy Power -2

Monaghan over 13.5 points (Mayo vs Monaghan)
    3pts Evs Paddy Power +3

Cavan +8 (Cavan vs Dublin)
    2pts 8-11 Betfair, Paddy Power +1.45

Tyrone -1 (Tyrone vs Galway)
    2pts 5-6 general +1.67

Tyrone to win Division 1
    2pts 15-2 Betfair, Paddy Power -2

Meath -1 (Meath vs Fermanagh)
    5pts 8-11 Coral, Ladbrokes +3.64

Meath over 13.5 points (Meath vs Fermanagh)
    3pts Evs BoyleSports, Ladbrokes +3

Meath over 1.5 goals (Meath vs Fermanagh)
    2pts 7-2 BoyleSports +7

Mulvihill Selections 24/03/2019

Limerick over 25.5 points (Limerick vs Dublin)
    2pts 8-11 BoyleSports -2

Dublin +4 (Limerick vs Dublin)
    1pt 6-5 Hills +1.20

Waterford (Waterford vs Galway)
    3pts 6-5 general +3.60

A draw or either team to win by one, two or three points (Waterford vs Galway)
    2pts 4-5 Coral, Ladbrokes +1.60

+15.76 for Jennings; his native Meath sorted him out! Solid from Mulvihill, +4.4

Jennings -16.33
    Mulvihill: +3.74

I'll update the totals outrights once the finals have all been completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Great shout
    Cheers

Worked out well just about! But having over €1000 in my PP account for 1st time ever eased the pain of relegation a bit for sure!
    Hopefully some of you got on it at the time, 7/1 was a serious error by them, so nice to take advantage for a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Browney7

Stevecw wrote: »
    Worked out well just about! But having over €1000 in my PP account for 1st time ever eased the pain of relegation a bit for sure!
    Hopefully some of you got on it at the time, 7/1 was a serious error by them, so nice to take advantage for a change.

Have you been limited now? Great spot and fair play on the lumping on. You owe that Offaly lad a pint with the late point

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    365 have no goal in Limerick game at 28/1 and 25/1 for the Galway game. The Irish firms around 14s on the same bet. 365 also have a bit of value on the under 2.5 market.

Definite future potential on this bet for championship games. The only goal in the Galway game was a fluke aswell so it was unlucky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Browney7 wrote: »
    Definite future potential on this bet for championship games. The only goal in the Galway game was a fluke aswell so it was unlucky

365 seem take an opinion on the goals prices which is great i played those no goals with u2.5/u3.5 also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

manafana wrote: »
    365 seem take an opinion on the goals prices which is great i played those no goals with u2.5/u3.5 also

Don't really see an angle here at all lads, to be honest B365 are right and the other firms are screwing you! A very quick search through the last 2 years shows that in the last 55 championship matches there has only been two blanks, so based on that alone 25/1 is spot on.

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Don't really see an angle here at all lads, to be honest B365 are right and the other firms are screwing you! A very quick search through the last 2 years shows that in the last 55 championship matches there has only been two blanks, so based on that alone 25/1 is spot on.

Maybe on the blanks alright! Both games involved Limerick which could be interesting in itself! It's something I'll be keeping a watching brief on anyways especially with teams that are showing a propensity to play defensive and shoot from distance. You could probably hone the strategy to exclude games where one team is significantly stronger than the other. Could be worth a 1/4 or a 1/2 point stake per game with 1 point on the under 2.5 market.

Another one I'm going to track is a draw in all Munster championship games. There was three draws last year in 10 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Over 0.5 was around evens in the Limerick game after 60 minutes. Didn't bother laying anything off as I'd very small money on. There probably should have been 3 or 4 goals in the Galway game but a few good chances went missing. The odds on under 2.5 were 12/5 and 2/1 on 365. The double was nearly twice the next best price available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

I think Dublin are a lay at 4/6 this year for the Football. Opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Shanee. wrote: »
    I think Dublin are a lay at 4/6 this year for the Football. Opinions?

Bit of a joke of a price at this stage im not buying that they didn't care about the league id expect Connolly to return which will add alot though. Might be more profitable to back against them come the last couple of super 8 games and semis and final?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Have you been limited now? Great spot and fair play on the lumping on. You owe that Offaly lad a pint with the late point

I bet 100 that evening and then threw on another 25 later that night. Geeze yeah but i'd rather he'd missed it to be honest and we had stayed up instead!
    No I'm not limited yet anyway, won another 140 off them yesterday and put on a couple more bets today which lost. I doubt they'd limit me because of 1 big win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Pogue eile wrote: »

As mentioned 2 blanks in 55, but we are not saying no goal in every game u peak your situation, but yes as mentioned i prefer the u2.5/3.5 angle its much easier to get the reward of in the right spot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement