Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Freesat Bouquet for Northern Ireland

• 17-12-2018 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,031 ✭✭✭✭

Is there such a thing?

I am using tvheadend and although I can locate bouquets for
    Scotland
    Wales
    Isle of Man
    Channel Islands

I cannot find one specifically for Northern Ireland.

What is the preferred Freesat bouquet, generally, for use in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭Fatal Except1on

I would like to know this also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,031 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

It appears there is not a Freesat bouquet for the NI area, which seems rather odd, considering all the other areas seem to have this.

Oh well back to manual set up I guess.

I had hoped that someone might have had a suggestion or two on how to deal with this.

Apparently not, unfortunately ..... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I wouldn't have thought there are many differences only Beeb 1+2 and UTV. I'm assuming you wouldn't be using sd CH4

I wouldn't have thought there are many differences only Beeb 1+2 and UTV. I'm assuming you wouldn't be using sd CH4
    I do list both SD and HD channels .... SD for wireless and external connections.

The channel order and those included in the few bouquets I have looked at were not suitable for this household I have been told :)

I know little of how existing bouquets are generated and updated (Freesat, Sky ..) ..... am using tvheadend on various Linux releases such as LibreELEC and CoreELEC as well as testing on my desktop Linux.
    I have to date arranged things manually (E2 type bouquet) and have had to keep my bouquet updated manually.

Autobouquet is written for E2, but it just might be portable to CE or LE I guess. [EDIT: it should not be difficult to port this to my main Linux install and regularly run it against the bouquet file/s there]
    That would (I think) keep a manually created bouquet in E2 format, updated?

I guess what I really need is some means of keeping my own list of channels updated ..... frequency and name changes mostly.

It is long past the time I tidied everything up and categorised channels properly etc etc.

This was never a priority ...... but new year and mostly settled systems in place, the niceties (or lack thereof) are being commented on. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

...and to think we do these things for fun:P Maybe it's just our pills wearing off :D

Either way I wish you and yours and all Boardies all the very best for 2019

...and to think we do these things for fun:P Maybe it's just our pills wearing off :D

Either way I wish you and yours and all Boardies all the very best for 2019

Indeed I must admit to acquiring an itch or two that needs scratching every now and again :D

Happy new year to all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

You want me to upload my bouquets tomorrow for you?
    I've abm set to NI bouquets. Really only the entertainment bouquet changes to suit the region replacing BBCs with the NI region versions and ITV with UTV.

You want me to upload my bouquets tomorrow for you?
    I've abm set to NI bouquets. Really only the entertainment bouquet changes to suit the region replacing BBCs with the NI region versions and ITV with UTV.

Thanks, but on reflection I do not believe that will do what I really need.

What I want is to produce my own bouquet and somehow get that to update when channel frequency or name changes.

I had intended to start with a NI bouquet from tvheadend, but now think it would be a waste of time, TBH.

I still have the previous examples you made available for me ..... and have used them to sort out my present bouquet.

The order of channels is quite specific in this household so no auto bouquet will do it seems. :D

I had expected to find some means ...... even a script ..... that would check the details in my personal bouquet against some other 'official' bouquet and apply changes.
    I have found very little in the tvheadend sphere about using bouquets, unlike OA and E2 etc.

So I guess the original intent of this thread should be dropped .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭batistuta9

you could use one of the sky bouquets. disable the channels you don't want & use your own numbering/order

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    you could use one of the sky bouquets. disable the channels you don't want & use your own numbering/order

But it would no longer be the Sky bouquet then and not update frequencies?
    or if it was then updates would overwrite the changes I made?

But it would no longer be the Sky bouquet then and not update frequencies?
    or if it was then updates would overwrite the changes I made?

No, It'll still be linked with the bouquet. You can disable updating channel numbers, names, picons if you want

You'll have a load of disabling to do though at the start.

Only issues are new or changed channels will be enabled by default, so need disabling again.
    And if you are changing numbers, if you change to another sky number you'll get multiple EPG grabbers linked to the channel. It's easy enough sorted but just be aware of it
    Changing to 1-100 is fine as there's no epg linked to those

Though there is a setting not to map encrypted channels but I've never tried it yet, so that might save all the disabling at the start

No, It'll still be linked with the bouquet. You can disable updating channel numbers, names, picons if you want

Only issues are new or changed channels will be enabled by default, so need disabling again.
    And if you are changing numbers, if you change to another sky number you'll get multiple EPG grabbers linked to the channel. It's easy enough sorted but just be aware of it

Though there is a setting not to map encrypted channels but I've never tried it yet, so that might save all the disabling at the start

Thanks.
    It does read like a lot of work to start with :)

I tried something similar a long time ago but never got any satisfaction ...... I will try again and see if I can get some arrangement whereby I can use a Freesat or Sky bouquet with modifications.

Thanks for the feedback ;)

I enabled
    BSkyB Bouquet 4 - DTH Other: Northern Ireland
    in preparation of following your instructions.
    Unfortunately I am getting nowhere :(

Where? or How? I am not seeing it presently.

In that selected bouquet I can only add a number to the preset channel number .... so if I add 1 the first channel from the bouquet is 102.
    Not a big deal as I will not use those numbers anyway. The clients list the channels in the order they are presented.

I would want to be able to re-arrange the channels in the order preferred by the boss! Is this possible?

Yes that works as expected, with a few exceptions I guess.

Where? or How? I am not seeing it presently.

On the EPG grabber tab
    In that selected bouquet I can only add a number to the preset channel number .... so if I add 1 the first channel from the bouquet is 102.
    Not a big deal as I will not use those numbers anyway. The clients list the channels in the order they are presented.

I would want to be able to re-arrange the channels in the order preferred by the boss! Is this possible?

Click in the number of the channel & change it to whatever you want - make sure you're saving this change though

You'll be able to get your own order that way then.

On the EPG grabber tab

Ah, on the General settings ..... I already had that disabled.
    Thanks.
    Click in the number of the channel & change it to whatever you want - make sure you're saving this change though

You'll be able to get your own order that way then.

I thought that most/all of those changes would be overwritten with a bouquet update.

They will be retained?

Thanks again.

Well I went through a lot of changes in the bouquet ..... changed numbers to get a bunch of channels in the order required; disabled a huge number of channels so they would not appear on the list.
    Rebooted and checked all was ok.

Then I noticed there were no ITV/UTV channels in the listing at all.

While investigating, I disabled the bouquet, to enable another to check there .... etc etc.

On re-enabling the original bouquet the channel list is back to its original.

This is just not going to work for me.

I want something consistent and persistent and not to depend on not disabling a bouquet and re-enabling it again.

So that is out ...... thanks for trying. Appreciate the help. ;)

I will revert to manually editing changes to my own bouquet listing as I notice them or they are complained about.

Not ideal, but much better than losing all of the work with one mouse click! :D

Advertisement