Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does you nose run uncontrollable in the cold?

Options
  • 25-01-2021 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,657 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

Mine does.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

AMKC wrote: »
    Mine does.

Have you had a test recently? Screams covid to me!
    Best of luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

I get snotty nose in summer with out covid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Yes. Also when I get out of the shower, or when I've eaten anything hot or even slightly spicy. I've had what feels like a mild head cold for years now. Possibly a sinus thing, I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Was watching a tv show recently where a medical patient had an excessively runny nose. It turned out to be brain fluid “leaking” out after a broken clavicle didn’t heal properly.

You can never be too “careful” when it comes to your own, personal, health.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

.anon. wrote: »
    Yes. Also when I get out of the shower, or when I've eaten anything hot or even slightly spicy. I've had what feels like a mild head cold for years now. Possibly a sinus thing, I don't know.
    Was watching a tv show recently where a medical patient had an excessively runny nose. It turned out to be brain fluid “leaking” out after a broken clavicle didn’t heal properly.

Ah, that makes sense actually. It's probably just that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,556 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I had a constant runny nose for 16 years because of a deviated septum. It wasn’t great fun.

.anon. wrote: »
    Ah, that makes sense actually. It's probably just that.

If you haven’t broken any bones in the head and neck “area” it’s probably some form of allergies, A.

...probably.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Is this what they call a boomer thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,657 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Best of luck with that.

Nope not Covid unless it existed before anyone else new about it and I keep beating it lol. Had it long before Covid. Always a thing in the cold.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,034 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Let me get this straight: your brain may leak if you break your collarbone?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Esel wrote: »
    Let me get this straight: your brain may leak if you break your collarbone?

According to the writers of a “medical” drama, yes. Whether a, trained, medical doctor would concur with that diagnosis, I couldn’t say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

My nose starts to bleed when it gets really cold. Happened for the first time this winter back in the bad frost around 9th January. Mind u it was -7 degrees. Happens maybe 2 or 3 times every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭JasonStatham

My nose starts to bleed when it gets really cold. Happened for the first time this winter back in the bad frost around 9th January. Mind u it was -7 degrees. Happens maybe 2 or 3 times every year.

That happens me as well. It happened a few times in work too, which was very embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I can't walk to the shop when it's cold without looking like my dog just died. Tears streaming down my face.

*I don't have a dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Strange thing is I have gotten this since I stopped drinking. The main reason is that I am spending more time outside exercising. And also smoking, if I'm honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Adyx wrote: »
    *I don't have a dog.

That's what someone whose dog died would say. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

How does your collar bone cause brain fluid to leak out? Just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭lucalux

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

My nose runs in cold weather.
    It runs when I sneeze. Hense the bundle of tissues I have in every pocket:(

I like the word 'hense'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

My nose starts to bleed when it gets really cold.

Jesus.

Yeah i get runny nose in winter and then hay fever in the summer. Great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,424 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Best of luck with that.

Runny nose is not really a symptom of Covid.

Other things like common colds are still out there you know.

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 28,424 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

My nose runs in cold weather.
    It runs when I sneeze. Hense the bundle of tissues I have in every pocket:(

I like the word 'hense'.

Hence I shall teach you how to spell it.;)

How does your collar bone cause brain fluid to leak out? Just curious.

Can’t remember the details too well but they all seemed satisfied that they’d saved the patient years of seizures, and possibly meningitis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Not half as much as it used to, in the last year I've cut out full fat butter and milk for their low-fat/fat-free alternatives (cholesterol bit higher than I'd like), maybe that helps?

Advertisement