Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenalbyn Closed

Options
  • 04-01-2014 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Hmmm, it seems that DLRCC have shut down Glenalbyn. This is unfortunate.http://dlrleisureservices.ie/glenalbyn/ The adult/masters sessions here in the evenings were great, sessions were typically between 2k and 2.5k and you could drop in (€6 per go) at any time to join them knowing there'd always be a group there of similar (ish) level to swim with on a set. Anyone know of other similar sessions in south city or southside that don't require membership signup?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Any chance of this reopening anytime soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Tarabuses

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Does the swimming club still train there? How will it affect them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

The pool roof was found to be structurally unsafe almost 2 years ago, so there has been no swimming there in all that time. The recent consultation was over what to do with the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

I posted the below in the Dublin County South forum.

If anyone is living in the DLRCoCo area and is interested in getting Glenalbyn reopened, I'd suggest emailing your local councillors (list here: http://ecouncil.dlrcoco.ie:9071/mgMemberIndex.aspx?bcr=1) and encourage them to vote to redevelop the site.
    This is coming up for discussion at the next Council meeting on Monday (was supposed to be discussed in September but ran out of time - another month wasted...).

The Council have prepared a report comparing the 2 options (redevelop a pool at existing Glenalbyn site or new pool and community complex at existing Library site). I understand that the report recommends redevelopment at existing site (because of traffic and access issues at library site).

I'm in the Stillorgan ward so have emailed all my councillors asking them to vote in favour of the redevelopment so this matter can finally move on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement