Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iBOOD Ceasing Trading in ROI

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Bought a TV from them, was cheap at the time and still going strong....probably wont miss them to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    Sorry I wasnt being very scientific about the "80%" statistic. It was probably 99% or so to think of it. But that's personal... I have several different tools (as many on this forum have)to find deals and most of times I would find better quality/cheaper offers than what was on iBOOD. Not saying that it was a totally useless service, just not very useful for me... That's why, for me personally, it didnt make sense to get a daily email. BA did the filtering for me and I would venture to say a significant proportion (trying to chose my words carefully here) of Ibood offers posted on BA had the first 3-4 replies from people saying "better price elsewhere" "watch out it's refurbished" " "lower spec version" etc etc etc.

Care to share? :D

With iBOOD, I would always just keep an eye out for things I specifically wanted/needed as opposed to jump on an impulse purchase. So for example, those cans I bought the other week...I'd looked at them in Argos for €120 and I got them for €50 off iBOOD. This pleases me :)

But yes, probably 19 days out of 20 it was muck. There was a cycling tshirt up this week. Like what???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Wife got a dell laptop from them a few years ago, everything was fine but then we spotted they charged her for two not one! When she complained they refunded her... for the two. No amount of emails made them understand what they did wrong. Still find it funny to this day. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If it was something that you actually wanted or needed- or was so compellingly priced- that despite whatever it cost- it was an impulse purchase. Lots of us bought little 8" laptops from them- that were cheap as chips- tooks months to arrive.
    Mine were never impulse buys. The last I remember were earphones and a bluetooth speaker. I treat earphones as consumables, I expect them to fail. I am not brand loyal but would look up reviews. So when I saw them cheap (and still had a set of working ones) I bought 2 sets, to save on postage, months to delivery would not bother me, but it was never months. I was in no doubt my current ones would break, and they did.

The bluetooth speaker I had in mind as an xmas present. The one they had was a good price and had good reviews so I bought it several months before xmas.

I use https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/for similar items/reasons

god's toy wrote: »
    Wife got a dell laptop from them a few years ago, everything was fine but then we spotted they charged her for two not one! When she complained they refunded her... for the two. No amount of emails made them understand what they did wrong. Still find it funny to this day. :P

Had almost this exact experience with them. I bought two microsoft tablets off them, one wouldn't come on. I returned it and had to HOUND them to get my money back. When it came, it was for both. Serves them right for messing me around :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

iBood offer never changed tonight.

Perhaps that's it so :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

So after the 19th they no longer deliver items to Ireland but what about using their UK site and getting delivery to parcel motel if there was an item worth buying. Will this be possible?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

So after the 19th they no longer deliver items to Ireland but what about using their UK site and getting delivery to parcel motel if there was an item worth buying. Will this be possible?

Don't see why not- however, as always with mail forwarding companies- caveat emptor.

Are they still trading in the UK after the 19th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Monokne wrote: »

No.

Parcel motel won't be very effective so!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Parcel motel won't be very effective so!

Why not :pac:

I thought Parcel Motel only worked with packages that could be delivered to the UK?

According to the email sent out they only seem to be ceasing trade in Ireland from 3pm on the 19th March but are going to remain active in other countries.

If this is the case the UK site should be unaffected and you would then be able to have item delivered to the Parcel Motel UK address.

Prior poster mentioned they are no longer trading in the UK.

There has been no mention of them ceasing trading in UK - only Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

They are also ceasing in UK as of today, its on their website.
    http://www.ibood.com/uk/en/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

They have sent emails to their UK customers and it's on their website. What more do you need!

• Advertisement

testicles wrote: »
    Mylow wrote: »
    They are also ceasing in UK as of today, its on their website.
    http://www.ibood.com/uk/en/

Thanks for clearing that up people; thought it was only their Irish site that was closing. Oh well, my bad.

They have sent emails to their UK customers and it's on their website. What more do you need!

Thanks for your smart comment too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I probably would not have used it as much as I think anyway, but the next day (after they pulled out of Ireland and the UK) they offered the KAZAM Vision 8 (AKA Linx Vision 8) for €65.90 http://www.ibood.com/electronics-de/de/product-specs/35131/106108/kazam-streaming-tablet.html - Including shipping.

You could have got it delivered to Mailboxde and from there to here for €16.72 - Total €82.62

Not as good a saving as original offer, but you would still save a bit. They also allow consolidating, and you could order more than one without the cost of shipping doubling.
    So iBood could still be worth keeping an eye on for the more expensive not so heavy items, especially if you are already ordering items from Germany/mailboxde and planning on consolidating them.

I don't imagine todays offer would be worth looking at.
    Was there any reason given for pulling out? I am guessing it was shipping costs.

Advertisement