Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon CS100 1TB WiFi drive €34.99 delivered

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

I haven't managed to get the 100gb....all I see when I click the link is 3 options (free 15gb option and two pay options). Where is the option to enter the code for the 100gb?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭irishproduce

You have to sign in first and then enter your coupon that was in the email they sent you

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

After 24hrs of hard pondering I've talked myself out of buying one. It is a pretty great bargain but dont quite need it

1TB for €35 is good but you can buy a Maxtor USB3.0 drive of that size for £44 on Amazon. so adding a USB 3.0 enclosure wouldn't save me much
    I've got 1TB of cloud storage with Office 365 so not sure I'd use Irista for anything specific
    I can stream my photos to my TV from my Nvidia Shield and Apple TV

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Purchased 3 days ago, redeemed just now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Mike1961 wrote: »
    I haven't managed to get the 100gb....all I see when I click the link is 3 options (free 15gb option and two pay options). Where is the option to enter the code for the 100gb?

It's on the screen before that. The first screen you see when you login, go to the bottom right and there's an 'enter voucher' link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭PreCocious

The Irista service seems very good. Uploads are extremely fast and scrolling through photos online is good. For photos online browsing is way faster than One Drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    After 24hrs of hard pondering I've talked myself out of buying one. It is a pretty great bargain but dont quite need it

1TB for €35 is good but you can buy a Maxtor USB3.0 drive of that size for £44 on Amazon. so adding a USB 3.0 enclosure wouldn't save me much
    I've got 1TB of cloud storage with Office 365 so not sure I'd use Irista for anything specific
    I can stream my photos to my TV from my Nvidia Shield and Apple TV
    Shame on you, trying to instil common sense around these parts. Get out, now!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

So, will this drive appear as a network drive in Windows 10 (or whatever OS), once it's setup on your home network?

I think we'd have to map the drive manually.

Can someone confirm how it's accessible from win/mac laptops?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I ordered on the 16th, didn't pay any attention to the cloud element of this until now. Voucher still worked even though it stated it expired on the 17th. Happy days, 115GB of storage is nice!

EDIT: In case anyone is thinking of buying their storage plan, it is pretty expensive when compared to amazon, so it's not really worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭pah

Nice BA OP Well worth a punt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭tphase

just ordered two of them - 100 euro discount but no voucher code on the confirmation email...

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Briain O Loinsigh

tphase wrote: »
    just ordered two of them - 100 euro discount but no voucher code on the confirmation email...

I thought I didn't get a code either, think the code is sent from a different server,I searched all emails and found the code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭flc37ie6ojwkh8

I ordered one, let's see ho it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭podge3

I'm a bit late to this party and only ordered today.

No code in any email so I emailed Canon but they confirmed the online storage offer finished yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Arriving tomorrow via UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Arrived this morning.
    Will have a play after work and over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

theShire wrote: »
    Arrived this morning.
    Will have a play after work and over the weekend

Just got mine too. Don't forget, you'll need ethernet and HDMI cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Got mine this morning and just updating the firmware now...set up was a breeze so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Macer123

harr wrote: »
    Got mine this morning and just updating the firmware now...set up was a breeze so far.

Does it not come with the most up to date firmware ??

Where did you go to get a later version ?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Macer123 wrote: »

US support site how-to (different version no. likely)

• Advertisement

Macer123 wrote: »

No doesn’t come with the latest firmware, big sticker even on the box advising you to update it.
    Once you connect by WiFi or cable go into the preferences and select firmware and the option is there to update it. Was done in about 10 minutes.
    On another note NFC transfer is slow well a lot slower than sticking in the SD card but the NFC works fine.
    Great bit of kit for the money ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

the NFC works fine..

With a Canon camera or with another device like a smartphone?

Snotty wrote: »
    I have only tried it with canon camera so far

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

No doesn’t come with the latest firmware, big sticker even on the box advising you to update it.
    Once you connect by WiFi or cable go into the preferences and select firmware and the option is there to update it. Was done in about 10 minutes.
    On another note NFC transfer is slow well a lot slower than sticking in the SD card but the NFC works fine.
    Great bit of kit for the money ..

Just to explain, its a wifi transfer thats triggered by NFC, nothing actually goes over NFC (that's tin can and string slow).
    I have only tried it with canon camera so far

Unfortunately my 600D precedes the NFC/Wifi tech so now this €30 BA has me looking at €500+ new bodies. Fúck sake boards.

Snotty wrote: »
    Just downloaded the app on my iPhone and transfer from phone to device is very straight forward and a lot quicker than NFC/WiFi

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Its quite...limited. Im really glad I didnt spend 300 quid on this thing.

There's hope though:
    https://forums.hak5.org/topic/42523-canon-connect-station-cs100/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

ED E wrote: »
    Its quite...limited. Im really glad I didnt spend 300 quid on this thing.

There's hope though:
    https://forums.hak5.org/topic/42523-canon-connect-station-cs100/

What video files it can play? Can it work as a media player?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Gigabit port is nice. Seems like those guys are deffo gonna hack it, tempted to buy a second one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

coldfire1x wrote: »
    What video files it can play? Can it work as a media player?

I doubt it. I bought one just to have a look and hopefully hack it into something I can actually use practically. It's a toy imo. Certainly wouldn't buy it for its intended purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Does this work as a regular plug and play drag and drop external hard drive?

Advertisement