Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best value 2nd-hand EV?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,469 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Ioniq
    Some listed for 18k

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Homer

ELM327 wrote: »
    Ioniq
    Some listed for 18k

These would have circa 110-120k clocked up and 2017 Reg. would that mileage be any concern in relation to battery life/capacity?

Homer wrote: »
    These would have circa 110-120k clocked up and 2017 Reg. would that mileage be any concern in relation to battery life/capacity?
    68k km, been up a while so you'd get a deal
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/171-hyundai-ioniq-ev-electric-high-spec/23247334

92k km
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ioniq-100-electric/24496504

116k km

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/auto-electric-120tax-sat-nav-heated-seats/24420017

I wouldnt be bothered about the miles. In an EV all they really do is impact resale and slightly increase deg (except for leafs, which have worse deg!). You might lose 5-10km from new in the higher mile ones but does it really matter? I did 50k km in my Ioniq before selling it to a boardsie (indirectly) and I always have a soft spot for the first gen Ioniq!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Homer

Thanks for those. Will take a look. Not in any mad rush so hoping there might be some bargains to be had in the coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭bootser

Thanks guys for the replies, so I guess the L24 range is prob around 70km in a 15, which would be a bit too close for comfort! I see the L30 some of u have linked to at 13k, what wud the range on one of those be? Ideally I'd like to b able to get to work and home on a charge circa 130km for no more than 12k(5 years diesel and change!) otherwise I'm prob better waiting and getting something new.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

bootser wrote: »
    Thanks guys for the replies, so I guess the L24 range is prob around 70km in a 15, which would be a bit too close for comfort! I see the L30 some of u have linked to at 13k, what wud the range on one of those be? Ideally I'd like to b able to get to work and home on a charge circa 130km for no more than 12k(5 years diesel and change!) otherwise I'm prob better waiting and getting something new.

My 2014 was doing 100km at 100kmh.
    70km would be easy work all day long depending on battery health.

Mine was down a bat and at around 84% SOH.

I emptied my L24 battery from 100 to 0% (verified by leafspy) in under 60km on the motorway when it was cold. Just made it to work charger.

The l30 is a better bet, charges faster and has that bit more range. You're talking 120-150km range vs 70-90 in an l24 if both are down some capacity

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Homer wrote: »
    What would the more knowledgeable users thoughts be if you were to double that budget to say €20k or slightly more..

Buy my i3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭oinkely

I'll easily get 100km plus out of my 142 leaf 24. That's driving at the speed limits of between 50 and 120 km/hr for my commute. About 50% on motorway. Battery health is around 92% (leafspy reports between 91 and 93% consistently). 70 km would be a realistic maximum range if you are only ever driving on a motorway at indicated 125+ km/hr.

Very rare fast charging (not done one in this car in about 18 months).

Advertisement