Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**FREE Hi-Life Card for Mum this Mother's Day**

• 24-03-2014 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

As the title says

Enter "MUM" to get 6 months free

At Hi-Life we love Mums. To celebrate their loveliness all Hi-Life members can now give the Mum in their lives a 6 month Hi-Life card.
    That’s our wonderful 2 for 1 discounts at 5,000+ partner restaurants FREE for a whopping 6 WHOLE MONTHS!
    The reason we are the fastest growing dining club is down to good old fashioned word of mouth. So why not help Mum save a small fortune? Go on she deserves it.
    Click HERE and enter promo code MUM to get her FREE membership today.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

WOW! THANKS!

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Cheers op, just ordered one there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Got one of these on Groupon a while back. Well worth it. Saves you a fortune. Good spot OP:D

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TG860

I was expecting to have to provide some sort of card details for when the 6 months is up. Wasn't asked for anything though.
    Unfortunately most of the restaurants seem to be in Dublin, but hey, at least it's free :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 R.P.McMurphy

I signed up and there was nowhere to enter the promo code? Still seem to have got the 6 months though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Can you just enter your details to get the card sent to you or do you have to enter your mothers details?

- Under "Enter your unique voucher number here:" put MUM
    - Hit "Continue"
    - Hit "No thanks"
    - Under "Is this membership for you or for someone else?" select "It's for me"
    - Enter your details

I selected "send me the physical card", but declined the restaurant guide for £1.99 - you can find all the restaurants online anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Are they actually good cards? I was tempted to sign up for two, but I'm trying to figure out if its worth it and not just data mining.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Are they actually good cards? I was tempted to sign up for two, but I'm trying to figure out if its worth it and not just data mining.

Went to Milanos with herself and saved a tenner. Not bad for something thats free!

That's what I like to hear! Thanks! :)

Surely, since I am using it as a Mother's Day present, and that is the gift, she'll have to pay for the meal since it is in her card? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mekado waterford

quaalude wrote: »
    - Under "Enter your unique voucher number here:" put MUM
    - Hit "Continue"
    - Hit "No thanks"
    - Under "Is this membership for you or for someone else?" select "It's for me"
    - Enter your details

I selected "send me the physical card", but declined the restaurant guide for £1.99 - you can find all the restaurants online anyway.

I upgraded to the Platinum membership for £10. i thought it was well worth it for a full 12 months and I can then use it in Bang and Roast when I visit Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Brilliant, OP. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nazata

Have used my card many times, and have saved a considerable amount with it.
    Good find OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭CarefulNow!

Cheers OP!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I'm not quite sure what I just ordered but alright. Thanks OP!

Side note: 1,800 posts! Whoop! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Only place in Carlow is Apache Pizza, a takeaway!
    Apparently you can use it with takeaway so I'm theory I could use just eat and get whatever discount they have going and then use the card!
    Can't wait to try! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

Thanks OP. I ordered one for me and one for my sister. Anyone know if the card has to be activated online? Or is that just so one can comment on restaurants?

The list of restaurants seems to be mostly pizza and Indian.

Only place in Carlow is Apache Pizza, a takeaway!
    Apparently you can use it with takeaway so I'm theory I could use just eat and get whatever discount they have going and then use the card!
    Can't wait to try! :)
    Just looked at the Apache offers: it is mostly just two medium pizzas for €15.

They already do a large for €9.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

Majority of these are Indian, Pizza or hotel restaurants, but there is the odd gem like Bang and Seagrass in Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

THey do it with Captain Americas, Seems good

Majority of these are Indian, Pizza or hotel restaurants, but there is the odd gem like Bang and Seagrass in Dublin
    Bang accepts Platinum Card only and does 2 for 1 on tasting menu only. The Seagrass menu looks appetizing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

leck wrote: »
    Bang accepts Platinum Card only and does 2 for 1 on tasting menu only. The Seagrass menu looks appetizing.

Ah **** on the platinum card.
    Yeah Seagrass is good, and it's BYO too!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭teecee74

Thanks OP, I signed up for the free deal and then saw that Platinum card members get half price tickets to Legoland Windsor, Madame Tussauds and other attractions in the UK which is really handy as I'm bringing the family to London in July and was trying to save up for Legoland. I used the Livechat to contact an agent who upgraded me to Platinum for 12 months for €10 so happy days. That'll save 70 sterling on Legoland alone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,717 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I signed up for that free deal about a month ago. Haven't heard anything back from them since :rolleyes:

Beware...

unkel wrote: »
    I signed up for that free deal about a month ago. Haven't heard anything back from them since :rolleyes:

Beware...
    I got email confirmation within minutes with a membership number. I presume I could use this or possibly print membership card until physical one arrives.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

it has expired:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

leck wrote: »
    I got email confirmation within minutes with a membership number. I presume I could use this or possibly print membership card until physical one arrives.

you can use the app instead

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

unkel wrote: »

Beware...

Yeah so did I and I hadn't heard anything back either. The card arrived in the post today though so alls good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Card arrived in the post today.

Card arrived in the post today.
    When did you sign up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

ordered 24th, arrived today

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Robbieol

It's expired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

I upgraded to the Platinum membership for £10. i thought it was well worth it for a full 12 months and I can then use it in Bang and Roast when I visit Dublin.

So did I but when my card came yesterday it was only valid for 6 months? I've e-mailed them about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Phantom99

Robbieol wrote: »
    It's expired

The mothers day code has expired but I think you can join for free for 6 months anyway

http://www.hi-life.co.uk/jointheparty/Join.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Phantom99 wrote: »
    The mothers day code has expired but I think you can join for free for 6 months anyway

http://www.hi-life.co.uk/jointheparty/Join.aspx

I got that link on todaysdeals a few weeks ago. I paid the extra tenner. They sent out 2 cards. One is the standard free one and one is the platinum.

It's worth spending the tenner for the extra 6 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

So I only went for the standard free card for six months, but I have received a card that says 'Platinum Member' - my credit card has not been charged.

Anyone else get this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

yeah got 6 mth platinum card a few days ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

yeah got 6 mth platinum card a few days ago.

Aye, but did you sign up/pay extra?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Aye, but did you sign up/pay extra?

No the extra upgrade was for 12mth platinum. I assumed I'd be getting 6mth standard card so I was surprised it was a platinum one

However having looked at the list of restaurants i doubt i'll ever use it.

I got this and used it at the boulevard cafe recently. real sense of you cheap fook from the staff when I was paying with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

glasso wrote: »
    I got this and used it at the boulevard cafe recently. real sense of you cheap fook from the staff when I was paying with it!

I used mine in YoSushi in Dundrum & they were fine about it - didn't get the best value I could have as I didn't think to match the plates - so if you do go buy 2 blue get 1 free, because if you get 3 you only get 1 free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Also got the 6 month platinum but didn't pay for the upgrade.

Blingy wrote: »
    Also got the 6 month platinum but didn't pay for the upgrade.

I just got the normal card I think. what is the difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

glasso wrote: »
    I just got the normal card I think. what is the difference?

It's says platinum on the bottom right corner of the card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Blingy wrote: »
    It's says platinum on the bottom right corner of the card

And it lasts for the year.

I handed a Platinum in at a restaurant and they asked me for the normal one.

But then I've also shown the card to the server in Apache Pizza and he barely looked at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Ya, I was thinking of it for just those two restaurants.
    I wonder do they really curtail you using the card more than once per venue?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nazata

rustyzip wrote: »
    Ya, I was thinking of it for just those two restaurants.
    I wonder do they really curtail you using the card more than once per venue?

It depends on the venue, maybe 2 in 3 of restaurant usually do. With a platinum membership they send you an extra standard card, which can be used to get 2-for-1 in a non-platinum one again (this can be in the same or separate sittings).
    Source: I've been using the card for a couple of years, and it has saved me quite a bit!

Advertisement