Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to Fish

Options
  • 22-01-2020 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Hi

I had a small community tank many years ago I am talking 40 years ago

I am now thinking of getting a 125Litre Tank I visited the Maxi Zoo in Finglas today and was amazed how things have moved on Like external Filtration etc in my day it was all undergravel filters

What do people feel about purchasing a tank on adverts there seems to be some good value there I would just buy tank and filter etc no fish then hopefully someone here can advise how to clean it and sterilise before using or would i be better just going new

Also I want an active tank with plenty of movement so if people could advise on stocking I only want easy to keep fish no cichlids etc

Thanks looking forward to the return

xl500

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

xl500 wrote: »
    Hi

I had a small community tank many years ago I am talking 40 years ago

I am now thinking of getting a 125Litre Tank I visited the Maxi Zoo in Finglas today and was amazed how things have moved on Like external Filtration etc in my day it was all undergravel filters

What do people feel about purchasing a tank on adverts there seems to be some good value there I would just buy tank and filter etc no fish then hopefully someone here can advise how to clean it and sterilise before using or would i be better just going new

Also I want an active tank with plenty of movement so if people could advise on stocking I only want easy to keep fish no cichlids etc

Thanks looking forward to the return

xl500

Where are you based?

I used all types of tanks over the past 15 years but currently using a 125 ltr tank.

What Ive learned is not to go getting a package deal on aquariums

Buy everything separately

My setup is a

- 125ltr hugo kamishi aquarium

- Fluval 207 Filter

- Fluval Plant 3.0 LED Light

- Fluval E Series LED Heater

- Blau co2 setup

Fish Stock

- Cardinal Tetras

- Rummynose Tetras

- Pygmy Coras