Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about studying masters in France?

Options
  • 10-10-2013 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have a BA in English and History. I want to live in France so I intend to study a masters there (MA) in English literature and try to find a job afterwards. Is an Irish bachelor of arts degree (UCD of 3 years, non international) enough to study a masters degree over there?

thanks

Edit: I have 120 ECTS credits, which is the equivalent of a 'licence' in France, reached upon completion of a BA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 suzie.v

Do you speak French? You might need to prove your proficiency in French when enrolling, but otherwise a lot of uni-s offer distance learning classes, you might take a look at their offer.

If you have 120 ECTS, you need an extra year in order to reach 'Licence' level, that needs 180 ECTS.
    There are 60 ECTS per year, but according to what you studied you might get some of the classes levelled up.

You should get in touch with a uni just to see what they require.
    I am myself a distance student in Paris 3, but I'm only in 2nd year. If you need more details, I might be able to help.
    Best of luck in your plans!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lolita1212

Hey I'm french, I don't know if you have found answers about your questions but if you need any help about that, or if you have extra questions about universities here, I can help you

Advertisement