Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Motorola Razr V4 images leaked ahead of press event

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,330 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

This is exactly the kind of phone I want to succeed. It's a foldable phone apparently done right, but that price point is quite ridiculously high.

The price will drop, they seem to be marketing as a fashion accesorry seen as it's mostly pictured in womens hands. They did the same with the original when it went on sale.
    I think it'll definitely succeed, phone are gone way too big and this is the answer.
    I had a go on the Huawei foldable and I was really impressed with the screen, I thought it would look all ceased and a bit flimsy but it was fine, the size of it is a different story though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I JUST bought a new phone. Damnit.

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    I JUST bought a new phone. Damnit.

Just the one?

Tbh the post count in this thread doesn't bode well, I'm kinda surprised as I think this is one of the phones that could be just as big a game changer as the iPhone was when it launched.

Just the one?

Tbh the post count in this thread doesn't bode well, I'm kinda surprised as I think this is one of the phones that could be just as big a game changer as the iPhone was when it launched.

I'd imagine a lot of people are waring on reviews. While Motorola may capture the nostalgia factor, that's largely going to be with older consumers and tech types.

Motorola marketing in the EU and specifically in Ireland is virtually non-existent. The cons here is the huge price point, while its a 1st Gen that's a lot of money for a brand that most people have forgotten about, and it's costs more than the iPhone XS Max and Galaxy S10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭AlanG

i would definitely go for this phone at the right price point but until it comes down I can wait. It will definitely be a fashion icon at launch as so many phone just look the same now. Most people who pay 1500 for a phone want people to know.

To quote, "the future in your pocket today"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

who owns the motorola brand these days?

is this a lenovo phone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭nc6000

lawred2 wrote: »
    who owns the motorola brand these days?

is this a lenovo phone?

Yes

Reviews starting to crop up now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Fairly pointless buying this phone for use in Ireland currently.

AFAIK it out only supports esim, not a physical SIM card.
    And we don't have esims yet here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mrs. Clareman has spotted the flip phones coming on the market and has made a few comments about how much she missed them and would love to have 1 again. I think I'll start saving now and get her a nice surprise next Christmas, something like this I think https://m.ebay.ie/itm/Motorola-Razr-V3-Camera-Flip-Phone-Unlocked-Bluetooth-6-Month-Warranty/333440547553?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item4da29afae1:g:jv0AAOSw9KBePtn0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The point of folding phones is to give you a tablet in your pocket, this just folds out into an abnormal stretched aspect ratio of a normal phone, except with a horrible chin from 5 years ago, it will be a flop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Thargor wrote: »
    The point of folding phones is to give you a tablet in your pocket, this just folds out into an abnormal stretched aspect ratio of a normal phone, except with a horrible chin from 5 years ago, it will be a flop.

The price is what will kill it unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Thargor wrote: »

A flip flop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Jerry's Durability test, yeah I wouldn't be wasting money on this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Looks like Samsungs offering is cheaper and way better, hate those pinhole cameras Samsung are sticking in their screens lately though, they're hideous:

Advertisement