Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviva not giving no claims bonus earned

Options
  • 06-03-2019 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I have had it up to here with Aviva car insurance.
    I emailed them to resend me my no claims bonus as I had lost the paperwork.
    They send me a letter with the wrong no claims bonus on it.
    I phoned them and they would rectify the letter
    I still got the wrong letter send to me
    I phoned them again and they told me they could only send it by post with header and per email without header so not valid.
    I phoned again and was told same and that i could also go to the office.
    I went to their head(case)office in Dublin to be told there that it is a different office in Galway
    I was told on the phone that they would rectify the letter again as this had not happened
    I was told they would send one by post and by email
    It would take 24 hours to send it by email
    I again received the one with 1 years no claims and no header.
    Aviva should not exist as they are totally incompetent and their personnel should not be in an office.

---What steps would you take to get the right letter with correct bonus?---

So far I came up with standing outside with a banner and leaflets.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

• Registered Users Posts: 28,292 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Well the rot set in once they ditched the Hibernian name and blew millions on the name of a stadium.

But are you sure your NCB is correct? Your NCB with Aviva may be higher than your 'public' NCB that other insurers will recognise e.g. due to introductory driver bonuses, or things like stepback \ protected no claims bonus.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

MOD

This thread has been closed in After Hours and moved to the Insurance forum as the topic is more suited for discussion here.

Please bear with the mods as they review the thread and decide whether to repoen it or keep it closed, it may not be gotten to immediately as it's a busy forum.

Please have a look at the Insurance Charter before posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thread opened

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Erica246

The problem is that my time for not insuring is nearly up as well. And I do not know if being insured for a few days without showing no claims bonus counts as time for no claims to stay valid.
    They do not want to send me the 3 years.
    There is no reason not to give me my 3 years I earned it and they are valid.
    I have no accidents nothing like that no years taken off but they did this now I asked for a copy. Just because they know I have lost the proof. The proof is in the website and that is closed off since the cover seized.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Erica246

Yesterday I got a final call with a promise for a final letter stating I will only get 1 years no claims bonus.
    They based this on a mistake they made and they are sticking to it.
    I can not be insured until I sort this out.
    This will take time.

Will the time for the no claims validity run out ??? Or does it count for another 2 years now?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,292 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

https://www.chill.ie/blog/no-claims-bonus-explained/

Can you keep my no claims bonus if I don't own insurance for a period of time?
    If you move abroad or sell your car and don't have insurance in your own name for a period of time, some insurers may not honour your no claims bonus when you re-apply for cover if this period exceeds a certain amount of time, such as 2 years. Check with your insurance provider to see where you stand on this matter.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Advertisement