Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Election candiadate beaten in broad daylight by scrambler thug

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Ban electric scooters though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Maybe they fell off a swing and it's all a cover story to protect their cred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

The true victim here is the grammar in that piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Batten got battered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,738 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Ah jaysus come on. That poor woman must have been petrified. No excuse for this behaviour. Hope she makes a speedy recovery and that scumbag is caught.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I sympathise but look at how much policy / politics she got out of it:

Batten said: "Now while I do not in anyway blame our hard working members of An Garda, someone could have been seriously hurt in this incident and any chance of catching those involved would rely on a quick response which with one car for the area is impossible.

"Luckily no one was seriously injured and we still managed to get a good clean up done.

"Three observations I have from this incident:

"Our Gardai simply aren't resourced to protect our Communities and the Minister for Justice and the Garda Commisioner need to act now before more innocent peoples lives are damaged.

"I completely support my colleague Willie O'Dea's comments that 'parents must take responsibility for children making life a misery for elderly people and families in communities across the country."

"[Parents] should be penalised in some shape or form, through fines"

"Uninsured Mini bikes, scramblers and quad bikes are not toys for teenagers to play with, they are motorised vehicles which posse a danger to the general public and those who drive them."

"I'm in full support of my parties position on empowering the Gardai to seize and destroy these vehicles when stopped without the proper paper work."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    I sympathise but look at how much policy / politics she got out of it:

Batten said: "Now while I do not in anyway blame our hard working members of An Garda, someone could have been seriously hurt in this incident and any chance of catching those involved would rely on a quick response which with one car for the area is impossible.

"Luckily no one was seriously injured and we still managed to get a good clean up done.

"Three observations I have from this incident:

"Our Gardai simply aren't resourced to protect our Communities and the Minister for Justice and the Garda Commisioner need to act now before more innocent peoples lives are damaged.

"I completely support my colleague Willie O'Dea's comments that 'parents must take responsibility for children making life a misery for elderly people and families in communities across the country."

"[Parents] should be penalised in some shape or form, through fines"

"Uninsured Mini bikes, scramblers and quad bikes are not toys for teenagers to play with, they are motorised vehicles which posse a danger to the general public and those who drive them."

"I'm in full support of my parties position on empowering the Gardai to seize and destroy these vehicles when stopped without the proper paper work."

Is that not four observations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Is that not four observations?

Vote and make it so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Ban electric scooters though

Why?
    What's this story got to do with electric scooters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

“Peaceful protest”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

There craziest part of that is the Gardaí referring to it as a "minor assault". Since when is breaking someone's wrist a minor assault?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,229 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I know it's not the point of the thread, but who lets this shíte get published?
    Rachael Batten, who is running in the Artane/Whitehall area, spoke of her disgust after the man attacked a woman with one of her sweeping brushed before turning on her and throwing her to the ground.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

When will these hate crimes stop.

Stark wrote: »
    There craziest part of that is the Gardaí referring to it as a "minor assault". Since when is breaking someone's wrist a minor assault?

The left have started to normalise election candidate abuse and assault, it was inevitable that any ‘incidents’ would be downgraded in severity by officialdom.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    When will these hate crimes stop.

When people stop doing things to make people hate them.

Your Face wrote: »
    When people stop doing things to make people hate them.

What did Muslims ever do to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,139 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The left have started to normalise election candidate abuse and assault, it was inevitable that any ‘incidents’ would be downgraded in severity by officialdom.

Oh a new poster who must get ptsd when confronted with a left turn.

What did Muslims ever do to you?

Eh, Constantinople.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Oh a new poster who must get ptsd when confronted with a left turn.

Very humourless. You probably piss yourself when you turn right.

Very humourless. You probably piss yourself when you turn right.

I've never noticed really. But I'm not that easily triggered anyway. This thread has triggered you about "muslims" "peaceful protests" and "left". There cant be much left now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,624 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Where is the thread again on how great the city is to live in compared to the country???

pjohnson wrote: »
    I've never noticed really. But I'm not that easily triggered anyway. This thread has triggered you about "muslims" "peaceful protests" and "left". There cant be much left now?

So we aren’t allowed comment unless it meets your narrative? Jog on, mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,675 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Not a nice thing to happen to anyone, doubt the scobe that did it had a clue who she was let alone what party she was canvassing for.

Just another scrounger who will spend his whole life being a drain on the country.

The kind of person Solidarity/PBF lwould call the most vunerable in society.

So we aren’t allowed comment unless it meets your narrative? Jog on, mate.

No you can. Just generally the thread title on a discussion forum does tend to indicate what angle the discussion should take. I'm cool with whatever random ride you wanna take

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Batten beaten with a brush?

Is that the best you can come up with AI ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Oak Park Envirnmental group
    Proofreaders needs to be hired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

FFS, less than three years ago, one of your crowd murdered an MP in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

hairyslug wrote: »
    The true victim here is the grammar in that piece.

Ah come on this is a serious incident and all you can focus on is the gram....

Oh jesus you're right. I stand corrected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,928 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

"A local election candidate in North Dublin was battered...."

Such a poorly written article.

• Advertisement
Advertisement