Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Valid proof of I.D?

• 31-01-2017 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey I was wondering if someone could help me out, so my boyfriends provisional d.l went out of date about two or three days ago & when we were going out Saturday night he took his passport. The bouncers at the club we go to aren't the nicest but we got to the club so late we weren't even I.D which is very unusual. Next day we noticed his passport is out of date too since like October.

My question is, we're supposed to be going out next weekend & the only form of valid I.D he has is his student card (photo, name, dob) but I know it wouldn't work on it's on own where he lives, our regular pub is fine but it's the club would be the problem. If he brought the passport, d.l and student I.D do you think that would work? I mean you could clearly see it's him & that he's desperate.

P.S yes, I know he should apply for a new passport and d.l but last time his d.l took over a month to get here so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

For the purpose of a nightclub, they only really want to see date of birth and see that pic matches the face. They'd never be so pedantic to notice or call you on the fact its out of date. Just use the passport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Be grand. They're just looking at your DOB. They're not customs.

They won't give a toss about the passport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,832 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'd chance it and you should get on fine. They generally just want to see date of birth.
    Often they barely glance and the ID because if you regularly go their they'll remember you and they're just checking you out to see if your drunk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Even an out of date passport still identifies and verifies the age of the holder, its just not valid for travel.

You should be ok but then there's no accounting for thick fooks on a door either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,678 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

...Its still me!

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,624 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

silverharp wrote: »
    ...Its still me!

Exactly, his passport is out of date, not his identity!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Bring a birth cert and a letter from your parish priest to be safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

Get them to chop his arm off and count the rings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Okay, it's out of date but please don't be carrying around things like passports on a night out, they're designed for travel not for getting pissed on three pints of fosters, losing the bloody thing and it ending up God knows where.

Keep the DL in date, or better still sit the bloody test, or get an age card.

• Advertisement
Advertisement