Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When was your first concert?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

blade1 wrote: »
    Have you any shame?? :P :pac:

pre teen me belting out "If My World Stopped Turning in the Morning" answers that question.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MosherRock426

Linkin Park In the RDS - June 2008

• Registered Users Posts: 10,265 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Linkin Park In the RDS - June 2008

I was at that.

Q of the S Age blew them out of it....

With their zipped up jackets standing on the monitor amps ...… :D :rolleyes:
    I have actually been listening to a lot of LP recently..... Jesus , Chester had some voice.
    :(

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Megadeth and Pantera at The Point back in 1992.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I was at that! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Dalymount 83

Sabbath, motorhead, twisted sister, anvil, mamas boys

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

Radiohead at Marley Park 2006, great gig

greenspurs - it was a great gig really. Arrived a little late as was travelling up from the wesht for it. Was sickened I missed Coheed. Thought Qotsa were pretty good even tho I really don't consider them a fave nor am I a fan. Just don't get them really, have put it down to their catalogue just does nothing for me. Yeah I was knocked when Chester died. Was a blubbering mess for months and still get choked up hearing his vocals on the upcoming Grey Daze cd. Glad I was able to see him and Linkin park live atleast once. Will be interesting to see if they ever return to music.

I was at that! :)

me too !

Alice in Chains and The Almighty at that one ??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Deftones in the SFX in 1998. Place was so hot moisture was running down the walls like a tap. Great gig though :)

• Advertisement

paddythere wrote: »
    Radiohead at Marley Park 2006, great gig

Me too! …
    Beck supported ? Great gig.

I saw Paradise Lost on their 25th anniversary tour, what a yawn fest that was, I went to see Lacuna Coil.

I love paradise Lost. Saw them last two times they were here first time seeing them was during the plague within tour 2015 academy and other time was during the medusa tour in tivoli

fixXxer wrote: »
    Deftones in the SFX in 1998. Place was so hot moisture was running down the walls like a tap. Great gig though :)

That sounds unreal. Have wanted to see deftones for ages and was saving for sunstroke ticket before all this virus noise kicked off and was thrilled to get a final chance to see deftones live n catch one of their sets. Not meant to be. Would have liked to have got tickets for their back to back shows they did in the Olympia awhile back.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 erada

AC/DC in the RDS, October 1982. I still have the ticket....£8.50. They were supported by an American band called "Y and T."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

W.A.S.P. in the Top Hat in Dun Laoighre in 1989. Band were great, the crowd were rough as f*ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭blade1

greenspurs wrote: »
    me too !

Alice in Chains and The Almighty at that one ??

No I don't think so but that was another one alright but it's a bit of a blur for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

Steve Marriott at the Half Moon in Putney.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

It kinda boggles my mind the bands that used to play in the Top Hat. Just down the road from me but I only remember it being empty and maybe a kids play center (Fun Factory?) for a bit. Gone now, flats built on it.

No I don't think so but that was another one alright but it's a bit of a blur for some reason.

Yeh, that's right.

Megadeth came in April 1991 - Oxidation of the Nations tour - Alice & Chains and the Almighty were support.
    If I remember rightly, the Point had only the floor and a few seats open ? Not a massive crowd there.

Then returned in Sept 92 - Countdown to Extinction tour. - Pantera supported.
    I got Nick Menzas drumstick !!
    Crazy Moshing !

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,972 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Megadeth came in April 1991 - Oxidation of the Nations tour - Alice & Chains and the Almighty were support.
    If I remember rightly, the Point had only the floor and a few seats open ? Not a massive crowd there.
    I was at that one. Afterwards we met members of AIC in the foyer. I wasn't interested in them so couldn't tell you who it was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭pm9999

First gig ever was Focus (Dutch jazz/prog rockers), Leeds Town Hall 1973.

First metal gig was a double - header, same venue, 1974 with Budgie and Judas Priest.

Christ, I feel old.... Should be cocooning.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

Me too! …
    Beck supported ? Great gig.

Yea thats the one, lovely weather that day too. Still one of the best gigs i've ever been to

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

erada wrote: »
    AC/DC in the RDS, October 1982. I still have the ticket....£8.50. They were supported by an American band called "Y and T."

I was there, Y&T were so good that AC/DC didn't come on for almost an hour. Two great bands.

paddythere wrote: »
    Yea thats the one, lovely weather that day too. Still one of the best gigs i've ever been to

Radiohead played "Creep" as last song ?
    We were just making our way to the gates, after the encore, and they started playing it...
    the stage was up at the house, I think they moved the stage down the end of the hill for gigs afterwards.
    (I saw REM there also, stage right beside the house.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Aerosmith the point 1990 pump tour supported by the quireboys
    I was12 brought by my cousin and her rocker boyfriend good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭thesultan

storker wrote: »

What was that like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

storker wrote: »

Criminally underrated and what a sad ending. Man had an amazing voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Aerosmith the point 1990 pump tour supported by the quireboys
    I was12 brought by my cousin and her rocker boyfriend good times.

I was at that. Think the next time they came around a guy died, jumped off the steps when trying to grab some bunting (memory is hazy)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Roanmore wrote: »
    I was at that. Think the next time they came around a guy died, jumped off the steps when trying to grab some bunting (memory is hazy)

The get a grip tour
    Some guy falling off a balcony does ring a bell alright .
    Steve Vai supported on that one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

thesultan wrote: »
    What was that like?

Amazing. It's a very small venue but his onstage presence and the power of his voice and his raw rhythm and blues sound made for a fantastic live experience. I saw Geno Washington & The Ram Jam Band there too.

From around that time in Camden...

Advertisement