Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,392 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Totally embarrassing. Not a glove laid on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭Azatadine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Jmac24128

Disappointing. We are a long way off a wounded Liverpool. We live, we learn we move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Ya I was a big Wilshere fan as a player but he's got the charisma of a bag of cement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

But we never learn. We generally get thrashed in anfield every year. Even Brighton can go there and get a point.

• Advertisement

But aren’t we 9 years learning now? It’s worse we’re improving.

Liverpool can be impressive when on there game. We are just unlucky that we don't catch them on the hop. They have beaten the best teams in the world convincingly so I won't get too negative, another learning experience for a very young team

Well that was dreadful again at Anfield. Far too easy for Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Meh disappointing with how much we struggled second half but move on. In terms of chasing top 4 it’s not detrimental still 5th and if we can win the games we should and stay strong at home we are still ok!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

Agreed. This was a free hit game and won't make too much difference to what I think is a realistic target of top 6. Learn and move on. We are a top 6 side at the moment with aspirations for top 4 next season. Auba needs to be replaced if we want to progress to the next level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Drexel_3

Disappointing but not unexpected. Liverpool can do that to teams alot better than us.

Wanna see a good response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It's amazing how the last 10 games are forgotten as soon as we hit a bump in the road, yes we've lost a lot at Liverpool , so this everyone else and mostly because there going through there most successful patch since the 80s while we're trying to get transition over from wenger

this year we look to have really got something and as soon as we have a bad result (which will happen again this season)....oh same old oh same old ...

we're in 5th and in a good spot , most of the team is still only playing with each other since 2 months ago it's going to take time , and it's not a time of having to knock the foundation this time we really might have something I think anyway

It’ll be alright as we’ll probably hammer Newcastle next week.

and funny enough those 3 points are worth as much the ones on offer today ;D

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Sadly Xhaka is a giant miss beside Partey and then Aubameyang and Lacazette (tried his best and did a few good things, granted) aren't up to it either. Auba is just technically too poor to work in this structure, everything bounces off him, and Laca has about a half in him max. Even then he's not a long term solution for that role he's playing. Hope we don't make a gigantic error and give him a new contract. Let him go, free up the 200k (or whatever it is) a week he's on and get the right profile of player to play in behind a new technically capable CF.

Some of the other parts are falling into place but it'll take a window or two to get the squad to where in needs to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭emmetlego

Didn't expect anything other than a Pool win today. Our attacking threat was so non existent today, Pool were holding back at first it felt, but as the game wore on, they grew and grew. Their 1st goal was just a brilliant delivery. After that we were always chasing our tails.

Might have been totally different if the referee did his job and sent off Mane. He's becoming one of my least favourite players in the PL. Always jumps with intent with the elbows. Could have got 3 yellows today.

Anyway, never like losing, but today won't define our season. We'll finish the weekend still in 5th, having played 3 of the best teams in world football in City, Chelsea and Pool. It's the response to this that well may define our season. Hopefully Utd keep Ole in charge for our game with them!

Except that we offered nothing today. Tame, brittle and didn’t make the opposite draw sweat.

We were well in the game going into half time

I didn’t think so. We offered very little going forward and tried to defend with absolutely no out ball so they kept coming back at us relentlessly. Only Ramsdale was on form we could have been 3/4 down at half time. He’s won us many points this season and papered over tepid enough performances but even he couldn’t save us today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Handbags on the touch line really lifted the crowd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Alright, we didn't do ourselves too many favours. But they were really good today.

Wish to Christ we'd just stop the pricking around at the back when the opposition are famous for pressing and forcing silly mistakes.

Ole has gotten the boot I see.

Looks like we're all super excited for the game tomorrow so? :P

Could do with the points tbh. United and Everton away to follow. Would be typical United to start playing again and Everton are due a run.

We know what will happen tomorrow ie we’ll easily beat Newcastle.

All will be grand again until we meet a good team. We’ll finish the season around where we are now 5/6th.

I’m away tomorrow but hoping to see some of the game. Arteta might make a few changes after last week’s debacle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I just don’t see any game being easy when they’re so poor going forward. Smith Rowe and Aubameyang have 4 league goals apiece and then there’s a handful with a solitary goal each. Hopefully it won’t be an issue later on but it’s a real concern for me for the rest of the season. Thank god they’ve tightened up, in general, so much at the back and Ramsdale has been immense

A must win game today, delighted Odegaard is back in. Would have like Tierney in but I guess leaving Nuno play after a mistake is good for his overall development.

Commentator mentioned we've won 17/18 games against Newcastle, would that stretch back to the 4-4? God I don't want to look up how long ago that was. :P

Gabriel lucky to get that decision.

I'd like to see Odegaard offer us more in terms of time and output. Already happened twice this match, ball is played to him, he takes a great first touch/turn but just that next little beat he either makes a poor decision or he's a half-step off where he seems to want to be.

• Advertisement

Saka needs a rest. Good player but has been poor enough of late, needs a wee break imo. Odegaard not great today either. We are not creating enough. Ramsdale again coming to the rescue.

Terrible miss by Auba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Every time we get the ball in their box, one of their players seems to get injured and completely kills any momentum we have. And I don't think our players have been involved in any of the "injuries", it's always their keeper

Peach of a goal. Would love if the crew could have moved the crowd mic away from the tiny kids though. :P

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Tavares is so weirdly good. Well, when he's not hammering the ball into row Z.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭al87987

Great goal, must say I prefer Tavares to Tierney at the moment even though i know it's probably not a widely held opinion in here.

Odegaard is quite frustrating, don't think he's a long term starter, would prefer Pepe and push ESR inside, Auba needs to contribute much more too.

Newcastle are as negative a team as I've seen, big job to keep them up.

• Advertisement

Knew he would score after someone giving him the dreaded poor of late curse 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭Fionn1952

What a finish!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

What a finish. That would have been a very soft penalty for Newcastle if it was given.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭al87987

Fantastic finish, delighted for Martinelli

Tavares track back on Wilson a minute earlier was a crucial intervention.

What's gone wrong with Auba? Going on all last season and not much better this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Delighted with the win and we bounced back well after the heavy defeat last week. Looking forward to seeing the goals later as I was out and about today and listened to the game on the phone on Talk Sport. Well done Arsenal.

Great to get the win. I missed most of the second half but will watch it later. I gave Saka the kiss of life it seems 🙏.

Also glad to see that Martinelli scored too. Bound to give him a boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Drexel_3

Didn't see it today but delighted to get the win and delighted Martinelli scored

I say it's bye bye Pepe when Saka gets injured and your still not getting on.

Hopefully City can beat West Ham tomorrow and Chelsea beat Utd. We play Utd on Thursday night. 8:15pm KO.

Just saw the goals. Two great goals especially that one from Martinelli.

Hopefully we’ll beat United on Thursday and create a good gap.

Ray Kennedy has died at the age of 70 from Parkinsons.

The man who I watched score the winning goal at WHL in our last league game when we won the Double in 1971.

RIP legend.

A bit before my time, but had read loads about him as a player. May he RIP.

Any news on Saka's injury for Thursday?

Unlikely to start now and may be on the bench for Thursday. We should play Martinelli from the start against Utd in his place. Carrick will take the team before Rangnick takes charge and we should go all out to win and batter them. No point in playing it safe, they're there to be beaten, even at Old Trafford, just ask Liverpool. We can really hurt them imo.

Thanks!

Last question tonight... Anywhere we can watch the Wenger documentary here, without buying the dvd?

• Advertisement
Advertisement